PDA

View Full Version : Dakota over Minehead

eightyknots
5th Jul 2008, 20:27
I was down at my Mum's in Minehead last weekend and saw a Dakota overhead numerous times throught the daytime.

Anyone know where it's from and what it's doing and why?

captain_flynn
5th Jul 2008, 21:10
Probably part of the farewell tour put on by Air Atlantique's Classic Flight.

Not sure if im allowed to post a link but here goes..

Goodbye Dakotas :: Dakota Farewell Tour 2008 (http://www.classicflight.com/goodbyeDakotas)

eightyknots
5th Jul 2008, 21:39
Ok, thanks for that.

It was nice to see the old girl, a lovely noise they make too.

Sad.:(

captain_flynn
5th Jul 2008, 21:47
Yeah I know what you mean. I was very fortunate that I got to fly on G-AMPY a few months ago. It was a great feeling just sitting there as a passenger, lifting off from coventry and hearing those engines. Such a beautiful aeroplane and the EU is ruining our fun.

I hope that Air Atlantique still keeps the DC-3's flying for airshows etc.

piky
6th Jul 2008, 13:01
Yes it was G-AMPY over Minehead. We were pleasure flying out of Cardiff and decided to view Minehead about 16 times I think, over the two days! Glad you enjoyed.

Piky:ok:

Danmadole
6th Jul 2008, 14:52
Any ideas what time the Dakota is coming to Belfast City Airport today?

piky
6th Jul 2008, 20:09
Thought it was due Monday?

eightyknots
6th Jul 2008, 20:27
Thanks piky! Were you flying it?

Saw you coming right towards our house at one point and it looked like you were showing someone what the pedals do.:)
I couldn't help but go outside and have a look every time you flew over the town.:ok:

Yorky Towers
9th Jul 2008, 14:01
Yes he was..........Dunno about the Rudder pedals tho'? Lead to believe he thinks they are foot rests! :E

JulietNovemberPapa
9th Jul 2008, 14:17
I flew G-AMPY on the 7th June from/to CVT. Great experience. :-)

Golf Charlie Charlie
10th Jul 2008, 00:04
Good old MPY. This was the airframe that was painted in Northwest colours about 20-25 years ago to celebrate that airline's 50th anniversary. If I recall correctly, that year's Biggin Hill show featured a Northwest 747 flying alongside this DC-3.

eightyknots
10th Jul 2008, 06:42
Yes he was..........Dunno about the Rudder pedals tho'? Lead to believe he thinks they are foot rests!

Just stretching his legs after the long flight from Cardiff.:)