PDA

View Full Version : PPL exam's and Skill test Validity

Brgsstm
2nd Jul 2008, 17:32
Hi all.

I have a question regarding the time allowance between the exam passes and successful completion of your skills test.

I completed all my exams including the RT written and oral test within 18 months. I am under the impression that I have 2 years from the date of the last pass of the final exam sat to pass the skills test? Is this correct?

Thanks

Tom

Nibbler
2nd Jul 2008, 20:02
Yes

...and because the forum insists the reply has to be more than "Yes"....

Yes, the time limit to take the PPL skills test is "within 2 years of the date of the last exam passed"

hkeng
2nd Jul 2008, 20:18
indeed.
I did all the written exam and radio practical within 18 months, and then passed the skill test and handed in the application form in person to CAA Gatwick, just before the 2 year period after the last exam run out. I got the licence in hand through the post in about 2-3 week's time.

Brgsstm
3rd Jul 2008, 10:47
Thanks so much for the answers, you have put my mind at ease, I will have to be complete by the 20th July 2009 then :eek:.

Thanks

Tom

Willows
10th Jul 2008, 17:31
Just to confirm - You have 18 months to complete all ground school exams? I was under the impression it was 12 months from when you sat the first exam.

homeguard
10th Jul 2008, 23:44
To clarify!

The 7 seven written exams must be completed within 18 months from the date of the first pass. The RT Practical test is not part of that rule.

The licence application must arrive at the CAA within 24 months following the date of the last exam. Therefore the Skill test will need to be completed earlier than 24 months.