PDA

View Full Version : Monarch Air flight school US

maximus610
2nd Jul 2008, 14:53
Hi all,

Does anybody know the Monarch Air flight school (US)?

Could anyone give me an advice about getting the PPL there:confused:

Thanks

mxms

Zulu Mike
2nd Jul 2008, 15:02
At the risk of stating the obvious, would this question perhaps have been better asked before you decided to do your training there?

On the Spot
2nd Jul 2008, 19:54
I have rented from them on a few occasions since 2001 and found them OK. They have renewed a lot of the aircraft in recent years so that the fleet is quite good. The school looks to be well set up and well equipped but I have no experience of their teaching, only check rides. Never had the same instructor twice for those, as they seem to move on regularly - which is not a bad recommendation I think - unless you are needing a constant instructor for a longer period of time of course.

The rental rates were fair compared to other locations but their paperwork processing costs for the TSA etc. were high.

If you are based at Addison where their main facility is, you have to go elsewhere, such as McKinney all the time for touch and go's etc. The facility at McKinney is smaller and further to drive depending upon where you are staying but had the flexibility that I could rent from either once checked out.