PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair & those bags

donnlass
2nd Jul 2008, 14:46
Further to Michael O'Leary deciding to charge us the earth to deign to carry our bags in the hold of his lovely aircraft, I just wondered had he considered the effect of large items of baggage in the cabin of an aircraft should it hit turbulence, have to take evasive action or just alter course suddenly for whatever reason.

What would he say when passengers are unnecessarily injured by flying suitcases or other baggage which shouldnt be anywhere near the cabin or the delays caused by passengers taking too long to store said bags in the overhead lockers as they board.

Or even passengers desperately trying to remove them from the lockers in an evacuation situation, it has been known!

Personally mine still goes in the hold Mr O'Leary so too bad!

:=

CP Fox
2nd Jul 2008, 14:56
You can't take larger items than the cabin size. (55cm x 40cm x 20cm). So if it don't fit in the gauge at the gate its not coming on.

G-TTIC
2nd Jul 2008, 15:25
Because that rule is 100% enforced... :hmm:

Abusing_the_sky
2nd Jul 2008, 15:37
We could go on and on and on about this but it all comes down to money. Revenue for the company and pocket money for LORD O'leary:}

Come to think of it, if i would have me own airline i'll probably do the same, hell why not charge pax to go to the loo. Want toilet paper? That's 50p. Want to wash your hands? That's another 50p....

:ugh:

ryansf
5th Jul 2008, 22:31
Why just go after Ryanair? What about easyJet, ThomsonFly and whoever else charges for bags?!

chiglet
6th Jul 2008, 15:04
Why just go after Ryanair? What about easyJet, ThomsonFly and whoever else charges for bags?!

You leave the "ex" out of this....:E
watp,iktch

donnlass
7th Jul 2008, 11:22
Thats very true, I was expressing concern about the possibility of lots of extra baggage posing a hazard in the cabin if airlines are unwilling to store them in the hold, I know I wouldnt want bags flying everywhere should an incident occur. Plus I want my bag off my hands ASAP, not lugging it round departures :):)

Thanks for all your replies :)

Donnlass