PDA

View Full Version : Hour requirement for CPL - SPIC hrs valid ?

RMarvin86
1st Jul 2008, 20:51
I know that the hour requirement to start a modular CPL course is 150 hours total and at least 100 hours as PIC. Can I count SPIC (student pilot in command) hours flown during the PPL training as valid PIC time ? :ugh:

Thanks for your help.

BigGrecian
1st Jul 2008, 21:05
The 100 hours PIC is only for licence issue, not to start the course.

There is no SPIC as far as your concerned.

You were either the PIC (ie solo) on your PPL or you were with an instructor (Dual)

Mordacai
1st Jul 2008, 21:37
BigGrecian is absolutely right, SPIC does not apply to you, if you have logged SPIC, I suggest you unlog it - its either PIC or dual I'm afraid, with the exception that your skills test pass can be logged as PICUS (Pilot in command under supervision).

Good luck with your CPL though!

Nashers
1st Jul 2008, 22:05
as the above have said PIC and SPIC is the same thing. in my log book i dont even have an SPIC area so all of it is logged as PIC. on my skills test though the Name of the PIC is the examiner but the time is logged in the PIC area and signed off by the examiner.

Whirlygig
1st Jul 2008, 22:16
as the above have said PIC and SPIC is the same thing.
Er, no they didn't and it isn't. SPIC is only relevant to students on an integrated course.

Cheers

Whirls

RMarvin86
2nd Jul 2008, 12:40
Thank you guys!
If I understood it correctly, the 100 hrs as PIC is only a requirement to take the CPL skill test, but I should be able to start the training ? Pratical too?

The time flown "solo" during the PPL training are PIC hours and valid towards the 100 hrs PIC as a requirement for the CPL?

I.e. if I have flown 20 hrs PIC during the PPL training I'll have to fly only 80 hrs more after obtaining the license?

All correct ? :)

Leezyjet
2nd Jul 2008, 20:48
the 100 hrs as PIC is only a requirement to take the CPL skill test, but I should be able to start the training ? Pratical too?

The 100hrs PIC is only a requirement for License ISSUE, not to start the course or even take the skills test. If you start the course with 150hrs TT, and the course is 25hrs, you still cannot get the license issued until you have 200hrs TT of which 100hrs must be P1.
Not sure why the CAA stipulate that, I would like to think it's to save you money as most people will get the CPL/ME/IR all issued at the same time which is cheaper than doing each individually - but oh look, there goes a flying pig !!!. :}

The time flown "solo" during the PPL training are PIC hours and valid towards the 100 hrs PIC as a requirement for the CPL?

I.e. if I have flown 20 hrs PIC during the PPL training I'll have to fly only 80 hrs more after obtaining the license?

Yes.

:\

RMarvin86
2nd Jul 2008, 22:04
The 100hrs PIC is only a requirement for License ISSUE, not to start the course or even take the skills test. If you start the course with 150hrs TT, and the course is 25hrs, you still cannot get the license issued until you have 200hrs TT of which 100hrs must be P1.
Not sure why the CAA stipulate that, I would like to think it's to save you money as most people will get the CPL/ME/IR all issued at the same time which is cheaper than doing each individually - but oh look, there goes a flying pig !!!. :}

Allright, now guess that I finish my PPL with 50 hours, 20 of which as PIC. I could now start on a CPL course which takes 25 hrs dual training and even take the skill test. I now have TT less than 80 hours. I've completed CPL programme but to get issued with the license I need to fly 120 more hours and reach at least 100 flying hours as PIC and 200 hrs TT. Only at this stage I'll have my license in hand, right?
Is it then true that hour building can be done before, after or even during the CPL training ? I need to understand this point as clear as possible.

EDIT: I found that many school request at least 150 hrs TT and 100 PIC for candidates to apply. Is it up to the school or so? Are there differences between JAA states?

BigGrecian
2nd Jul 2008, 23:04
Err no.

You obviously need to go and do some proper research other than PPRUNE!!!!! Suggest JAR FCL 1 (or LASORS for the UK). Being able to look up and interpret regulations is an important skill of any pilot at any stage! For that reason you should NEVER count on anything you read on PPRUNE, go read it yourself! It's your licence, and ultimately you on the line if you break the regulations/law.

To start the CPL you will need:
You will need 150 hours TT
ATPL or CPL Theory completed

To get the CPL issued you will need:
200 hours TT
100 hours PIC
CPL Test completed.
(UK RT Test and licence is required for UK issued CPL)

Mordacai
3rd Jul 2008, 02:32
CPL test completed....I think he means passed! :ugh::D

RMarvin86
3rd Jul 2008, 21:53
Thanks BG for your detailed answer!

Cya

Keygrip
4th Jul 2008, 03:07
and Grecian forgot to mention the night qualification - which is why you must read JAR FCL yourself.

coodem
4th Jul 2008, 19:08
You will also need a class 1 medical, but you can do the CPL skills test, it may be done if your class 1 has been downgraded to class 2, But they won't issue you a CPL until you have your class 1 current

nickyjsmith
4th Jul 2008, 19:57
Don't forget the 300nm qualifying x country with 2 land away's and return to base completed on the same day.(big version of ppl qxc)

RMarvin86
6th Jul 2008, 11:43
Exellent!

thank you.

lady in red
6th Jul 2008, 16:42
By the way chaps, if you read LASORS accurately you would notice that it is a SKILL test (not a skills test). Also notice that in England we spell licence with a "c" not an "s" - licensing on the other hand is spelt with an "s" because it is a verb.

Lomcovack
6th Jul 2008, 20:33
And its final not finals :rolleyes: