PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Questions

kingston_toon
26th Jun 2008, 01:46
Hi all,

I'm half formulating a silly plan to take in one of Newcastle's pre-season games which is being played in Palma, Majorca. Unbelievably, there are some cheap Ryanair flights around the dates I want to travel, but the outward doesn't *quite* work. Can anyone (preferably crew) who knows how the Dusseldorf Weeze base operates confirm whether the following might just be possible:

Out: Sat 1130 FR3252 Stansted - Weeze arriving 1340
Then: Sat 1425 FR6218 Weeze - Palma arriving 1640

I know it's only 45 mins to connect, but with online checkin, a seat near the door on the first flight and the assumption that these should be worked by the same aircraft... could it work? First off the plane, through passport control, into arrivals, straight back through security and into the departure lounge to the back of the queue for the second flight... do-able?

I'm a frequent Ryanair flyer and quick and navigating airports... plus I've used Weeze a few times before. Even with a delay, if it's the same plane, can it be done?

Thoughts appreciated :)

babemagnet
26th Jun 2008, 09:19
Hi i am based in NRN Airport and what you are doing can on paper work for sure! When you exit the arrival hall you go right 50 meters and there is the security for the departures, once through security the gates are all within 50 meters as well. But do not blame me if you will not make it iff you arrive from STN to late good luck all the best.

Aisle2c
30th Jun 2008, 12:19
http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=bag&quest=checkedbaggageallowance

Can someone confirm that the clothes for a baby has to come out of the accompanying adults allowance ?

frfly
30th Jun 2008, 13:25
Yes...infants 0-2 do not get any weight allowance. They do get one piece of baby equipment free of charge, ie either a buggy or a car seat. If another is required, this must be paid for.

Please also note that FR do not preboard babies, so it is advisable to buy priority boarding, or rely on the kindness of the ground staff.

Hope that helps.

Aisle2c
30th Jun 2008, 14:41
Thanks for the confirmation. Presumably this is to get the parents to pay for a seat so the baby will then get an allowance. Aer Lingus allow 10K for a baby which is fair enough.

RAT 5
30th Jun 2008, 19:00
Aisle 2C: may be not so. If you buy a seat for a musical instrument you do not get the baggage allowance for that seat. IMHO that is bordering on ethical/moral breach of contract. The seat price includes all the goodies. What you choose to do with that seat is up to you, if legal. It would be an interesting test case if any one chose to test it. Mind you, same goes for no pooling of baggage within a group for whom one person paid all the tickets. That would also make an interesting test case.

Aisle2c
30th Jun 2008, 20:21
"Aisle 2C: may be not so. If you buy a seat for a musical instrument you do not get the baggage allowance for that seat. IMHO that is bordering on ethical/moral breach of contract. The seat price includes all the goodies. What you choose to do with that seat is up to you, if legal. It would be an interesting test case if any one chose to test it. Mind you, same goes for no pooling of baggage within a group for whom one person paid all the tickets. That would also make an interesting test case. "

Rat 5, if there was one airline company on this earth who would probably try to have it both ways, you just know it would be Ryanair ! As it happens, my little fella is 2 now, so he has to pay (or rather I have to !) like everyone else for a seat. The seat would be in the baby's name though, which might make a difference. It is just the parents choose not to tell them his age. If they tried to deny baggage allowance, I'd reckon the parents would have to win in the small claims court.

Thinking about it, I think it sad one has to think of an airline company in those terms (or any company).

FA10
1st Jul 2008, 14:53
If nobody is using a seat there is also no possibility to put checked baggage into the hold "on behalf" of this seat!
Otherwise it would be possible to fly baggage without the respective passenger, which is a no-no, a nightmare in respect to security!

Based
1st Jul 2008, 16:03
Is this topic not slightly irrelevant seeing you need to pay for checked in luggage anyway? You do now only buy the seat with LCCs.