PDA

View Full Version : HLS Near Hatfield / Crossing Luton

HeliCraig
30th Jun 2008, 19:41
Evening Guys & Gals,

I have mistakenly arranged a meeting with a customer in Hatfield at 1430 on Friday afternoon, having forgotten that it is "she who must be obeyed's" birthday and we are going to watch a certain girl band at Warwick Castle in the evening. Which is going to leave me a little short on time - and I don't fancy my chances of getting back up the M1 nor round to the M40 and back in short time on a Friday afternoon.

So, I was thinking as the weather forecast (current best guess) looks OK I might fly down there and save some time on the way back.

If I do, I'm probably going to SFH a R22 (please, no posts advising of impending doom) from Coventry or Wellesbourne and the route down takes me straight through Luton's zone.

So, 2 questions: Does anybody know any good HLS's down near Hatfield (currently planning on Panshanger)?

And secondly, anyone care to comment on how GA friendly, or otherwise, Luton are with zone transits (at almost 45 deg to runway?)?

Thanks in advance.

Craig.

helimutt
30th Jun 2008, 20:05
You plan to save time going by R22? You joking? Ever heard the saying 'time to spare, go by air?'
What if the wx turns bad and you're stuck there? Will you suffering from get-home-itis? I wouldn't have thought so but the things you have said already look like it's bound to go wrong and drop you further in it with the missus! :eek:
Get a motorcyclist to take you??

Anyway, if you use Pantshanger, get ppruner JCR to help you out. About time he did something useful this week! :E

Hang on, why don't you just reschedule the meeting? Seems the best option and i'm sure if you tell the truth about the reason why it'll be ok, otherwise you could lie?

Flingingwings
30th Jun 2008, 20:39
Presuming you'll be needing/wanting fuel, Panshanger is probably your closest, cheapest and easiest option.

Can think of a couple of other places but landing fees are higher for little distance saving from your perspective.

Luton crossings aren't normally a major issue (well I've never had any major problems), just take a look in Poolleys for the VRP's they use as some of the local villages are very noise sensitive and as always having a good idea of their procedures will stand you in good stead for getting what you request :ok:

Worse case scenario if you couldn't get across would probably be a routing just to the west of their zone towards BNN.

FW

HM,
You recovered from watching that video clip yet????? :E

CRAZYBROADSWORD
30th Jun 2008, 21:53
if you don't need fuel go to Bush hall its on the north east corner of hatfield and luton is always friendly to helis

Helinut
30th Jun 2008, 23:46
Check the landing fee at Panshanger, I vaguely remember a big price hike for some heles

Whirlygig
1st Jul 2008, 07:21
£50 for visiting helis at Panshangar. Not cheap!

Cheers

Whirls

JCR
1st Jul 2008, 12:09
Hiya.

feel free to contact me at EGLG and I'll do what I can to help!

JR

HeliCraig
1st Jul 2008, 17:50
Thanks all, much appreciated.

I have managed to re-arrange the meeting (which I didn't think I would be able to do) - so that's probably for the best.

Thanks anyway.

HC.

windowseatplease
1st Jul 2008, 18:50
£50!! Why so much?

Go to Elstree, if you can stand the miserable sh*it in the tower, the Nazi joining procedures, and the dodgy 1960s café.