PDA

View Full Version : RAFBF, Please Look

Towny Boy
30th Jun 2008, 14:06
Sorry for hi-jacking this forum but please give this a moment of your time.

I'm a serving Pilot in the RAF and in 13 days I will be racing Ironman Austria. For those who haven't heard of Ironman its a 2.4mile swim followed by a 112mile bike then capped off with a 26.2mile marathon run! it's not going to be easy, it will take me about 12 hours to complete and will be the single most painful thing I've done in my life but there is a reason for this madness.

I'm trying to raise money for the RAFBF. Three of my mates were involved in a bad helo crash last year and it pi**ed me off that there was nothing I could do to help them. I remembered that the RAFBF is designed to help blue suiters, past and present, and their families out in times of need. So I turned my efforts towards posting a solid time at Austria and raising money for the fund.

A lot of people on this site are either serving or ex serving members of the RAF and even if your not I hope you recognise what I'm trying to do. The RAFBF is a great charity and it would really mean a lot to me if I could give them a big cheque at the end of July.

I hate writing begging letters like this but I hope you will forgive me and at least have a look at the site I have set up, the address is: www.justgiving.com/austria2008 (http://www.justgiving.com/austria2008)

Please at the very least have a look. Thanks guys :ok:

Towny Boy
2nd Jul 2008, 11:45
shameless self plug

grinnas
2nd Jul 2008, 11:48
Yes..............But good luck:D