PDA

View Full Version : Aero GP, Blackpool

HAL-26
30th Jun 2008, 13:35
I gather the Aero GP event was scheduled for this past weekend in Blackpool, but haven't heard anything more about it.

Did it happen? Did anyone attend? :confused:

'Chuffer' Dandridge
30th Jun 2008, 19:55
All very quiet...... I posted a similar question and too have heard nothing.. So we gather from that it was either a roaring success, or a hyped up media circus where nobody turned up?:rolleyes:

bottom rung
30th Jun 2008, 20:59
Here you go:
Dive-bombing Blackpool Prom stuns spectators - Blackpool Today (http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/blackpoolnews/Divebombing-Blackpool-Prom-stuns-spectators.4235031.jp)

WALSue
3rd Jul 2008, 12:14
I remember watching Aero GP few years back in Slovenia when they held it there.
Far better than certain other Air Races, shame its not got the same sort of backing.

Pilotpaul787
3rd Jul 2008, 15:59
It was cancelled because of poor weather through practice and leading up to it. However they did apparently put on an aerobatic show with some of the pilots.

Negative 'G'
3rd Jul 2008, 22:00
Yes the Aero GP was cancelled & they ran what could only be described as an advanced level British Aerobatic comp over the two days.
The reason however appears to be somewhat of a cover-up as I have it from a good source that the CAA pulled the plug more than a week prior to the event, but the authorities only advertised the cancellation on the morning of the event (once everyone had set out for Blackpool) and blamed it on poor weather !
I'd like to have seen what excuse they'd have used should the weather have been CAVOK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neg G