PDA

View Full Version : Aliens invade Basingstoke...

scudpilot
30th Jun 2008, 10:37
Well according to The Sun (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/ufos/article1357159.ece) anyway....
Anyone know what it was out of interest? Apparently Odiham would not say "for security reasons....."

( a formation of Aurora's going into Boscome down maybe!" :)

Jofm5
30th Jun 2008, 10:47
A bit hard to take seriously with the following quote....

"The family had just settled down to watch alien invasion movie Independence Day when the objects were spotted"

Jof

scudpilot
30th Jun 2008, 10:54
I agree, the article does seem a little far fetched, but a friend of mine actually saw them from the M3.... (seriously..)

scudpilot
30th Jun 2008, 11:21
Oh.. and I promise I do not work the for the Sun! (or any other newspaper for that matter! ) :=

Go Smoke
30th Jun 2008, 11:31
Looks like a bunch of those Chinese fire balloons/lanterns that seem to cause so many ufo reports.

scudpilot
30th Jun 2008, 12:12
Quote from the friend that witnessed said event:
"Let me tell you that was no bl**** lantern that shot over our heads in a blaze of orange. I would have agreed on the others except they were too high in the sky, but that last one that seemed to be racing to catch up with the others was no lantern! "

angels
30th Jun 2008, 12:16
Well if Odiham did say they weren't commenting for 'security reasons' then they were bloody daft. That sort of comment is bound to drum up more curiosity.

If the lights were MoD related why not say so? If they were testing some super-duper system/transport/craft etc it does see a bit odd to do it over a heavily populated area.

Cpt_Pugwash
30th Jun 2008, 12:38
Well, it definitely wasn't us. Most of Aliens (http://www.alienscarnivalclub.com) were on duty at Glastonbury.:)

Where there were plenty of sky lanterns drifting over the Polo Aviation helipad. I even recovered one that came down on the A361 outside Pilton.

Gulf4uk
30th Jun 2008, 19:25
HI

Seems this continuing ALIEN Story is mainly to be found in the SUN
Few other Dailys mention it Briefly in very small columns
As for Aliens well it does fit a pattern of somthing in that general
Direction buzzing about . Has anyone EMAILED uncle Sam for there
comment bet it would be a laugh.
Expect few more in the next week or so Aliens watching the Aldershot
Army Show and the RIAT event followed by SBAC Farnborough the
Sun could sell a few more papers as well . But what is the Responce
if asked by an ALIEN "TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER " You cant park
that there . sorry the UK is closed its Weekend or what?

Tony
farnborough