PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Quebec International Airshow - RAF Red Arrows

polyglory
29th Jun 2008, 19:16
YouTube - 2008 Quebec International Airshow - RAF Red Arrows (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bG3JEXLZelA&feature=user)

Absolutely stunning in the sunset commentary in French, lasts 30 mins

Edited to add this link

YouTube - Red Arrows Display Over New York City (http://youtube.com/watch?v=AbGO1BBWt_A&feature=user)

They have done us proud as always.

cum grano salis
29th Jun 2008, 20:11
looks like they all had someone in the back, isn't that unusual during a public display?

old-timer
29th Jun 2008, 20:49
Le Grand Reds, magnifique !!!

(apologies for any anglais mis-spellings)

The Reds are No 1, everyone else is just practicing

Go to it Reds, great as ever.:D:D:D:D:D

BOAC
29th Jun 2008, 21:23
They were superb. Well done the lads.

exscribbler
29th Jun 2008, 21:42
As always - the best. Waddington next Saturday, boys? :ok:

vmv2
29th Jun 2008, 21:57
The show on 13 June was a practice hence they were given permission to fly back seat pax.

Xeque
30th Jun 2008, 06:20
I would sell my soul for an opportunity to fly back seat during a display like that. Go Red Arrows!

ShyTorque
30th Jun 2008, 08:04
The display looked really good, well done the Reds!

Pax were banned when the Reds had Gnats, after a pal of mine and his pax was killed some years ago, during a Reds practice (1977 I think). BOI thought the pax's knee possibly knocked the flap lever, causing them to retract; unfortunately the flap settings were critical in some manoeuvres.

RIP Steve Noble.

oldbeefer
30th Jun 2008, 08:11
Sat in the back of a Red's display at Shobden while they had Gnats ('77 or so). Vivid memories of the stick flailing around during the 4 point rolls. Driver let me fly it back to Shawbury in formation (very brave of him).

A2QFI
30th Jun 2008, 12:02
And RIP Denis Hazell - a great instructor and a fine pilot.

BOAC
30th Jun 2008, 14:55
looks like they all had someone in the back - in my day, they would have been the Snowbirds in all probability, with a 'recip' on their practice.

ShyTorque - I had the sad task of dropping back into Steve's position in spring '78. How is ?Polly? ?

PPRuNe Pop
30th Jun 2008, 19:55
That has to be the best display the Reds have done!

It was sheer brilliance. The nine reforms were outstanding.

Well done guys. That's given the world of formation aeros something to aspire to.

harrogate
30th Jun 2008, 20:22
To be fair, that was a superb display.

I often see them at Scampton, but there really is a heightened sense of grace about that one.

The failing light added to the feeling I think.

advocatusDIABOLI
30th Jun 2008, 23:09
I normally think the Reds are a pretty mudane display, but, 'Hats off Fellas', that was really good! Well Done. Certainly the best I've seen for quite a few years....... Best of luck for the rest of the season.:D

Advo