PDA

View Full Version : Air League Sponsorship ...

Cirrus_Clouds
27th Jun 2008, 21:44
Hi all,

I have recently won a flying bursary with the Air League and haven't heard back from them for a month, since replying to their inital letter. They don't seem to be responding to email nor voice message?

I understand they have quite a few sponsorships running at the moment.

I've been left in the dark a bit and wondered if others are having similar trouble?

Thanks.

Cirrus. :ok:

Fournier Boy
27th Jun 2008, 23:00
Yep same situation, I've got a night rating sponsorship off them, replied straight away after speaking to the flying school, then.... nothing. Not worried though yet, can't do it til the clocks change!

FB

ST-EX
28th Jun 2008, 11:44
Glad to hear others are in a similar situation-I got a flying bursary to do the IMC which I'm hoping to start in July, but have heard nothing from them since replying to their offer. It's a little worrying as I have booked a load of lessons(you have to pre-book well in advance with the school I'm doing it with) which puts me in an awkward position as I have no idea how much they're contributing towards the rating.
They put a deadline on their initial offer that I would complete the training by 30 September-I'd love to, but cannot actually start until I hear from them!

Cirrus_Clouds
28th Jun 2008, 19:25
ST-EX, I am in exactly the same situation as you. I have already started my IMC, having completed the second lesson. I will need to apply for a small loan as well and hearing nothing just adds to confusion of what to do.. I think I'll get the loan any way and get on with it and hope for the best! I've also got until the 30th Sept. to complete my IMC.

I wouldn't have thought they would reject any sponsorship after awarding it, even in the present climate, that's why I think it's just best to carry on.

Would be nice even to have a phone call or email from them rather than nothing :rolleyes:

Fournier Boy
1st Jul 2008, 10:32
Got a letter back this morning detailing the bursary and confirming that the flying school can invoice the Air League directly for the flying they've offered me. Don't get me wrong, its absolutely excellent that I've managed to get a bursary and I am so grateful that its going to help me on the way, only one little dissappointment is that the offered amount aonly comes to a couple of hundred pounds, enough for a couple of hours for the nightrating. It all helps though, just thought they might have run to the cost of a full 5 hours to complete. Still, thats a couple of hours I don't have to pay for.

FB

ST-EX
1st Jul 2008, 17:57
I got my letter this morning too, and same situation, bursary covers about 4 hours of training. Still, I'm really grateful as I'm getting those hours for free. It's an expensive business!:}

Cirrus_Clouds
1st Jul 2008, 18:45
Letter received :ok: .. as you say, every bit helps :cool:

Bounce,Bounce,Prang!
2nd Jul 2008, 17:43
Incidentally, has anyone heard anything about the air league scholarships yet?

smith
5th Jul 2008, 09:49
I was fortunate to get a bursary twice a few years back, each time I got £700. At the annual reception to get my certificate I flew to London, train into city, stayed in a hotel, took day off work. Ended up costing quite a bit but was well worth it and I really appreciate the work of the air league. Got to meet the chooky embra as well, nice:ok: