PDA

View Full Version : DJINN HELICOPTER 1956 (Ebay Australia)

ChopperFAN
25th Jun 2008, 13:07
Have a look at this...

DJIN HELICOPTER 1956 RARE FIRST JET POWERED SO.1221 - eBay, Aircraft, Aircraft, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 26-Jun-08 09:54:46 AEST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DJIN-HELICOPTER-1956-RARE-FIRST-JET-POWERED-SO-1221_W0QQitemZ230263443042QQihZ013QQcategoryZ32635QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Nice rotor mast... Ships ahoy :sad:

Simon

Miles
25th Jun 2008, 13:18
Im sure it will be fine, it is the first helicopter with an AD to check for termites though :eek:

Bravo73
25th Jun 2008, 14:15
Sorry to be a killjoy, Simon, but the wooden mast is just a 'placeholder' for the original mast and head...

spinwing
25th Jun 2008, 14:26
Mmmmmmm ....

Methinks the ONLY useful parts on this little "beauty" (??) will be the Data plates .... maybe!

:E

Squeaks
25th Jun 2008, 15:57
ISTR seeing this sitting in the back of a hangar some years ago, there on the Gold Coast, "belonging" to a particularly disreputable operator who has since gone TU. Looking at the seller on eBay, I'd check (and double check) who actually owns it: the liquidators may show a subsequent interest if and when it sells :uhoh:

ChopperFAN
26th Jun 2008, 12:22
Only posted as i thought it was such a rarety, and Bravo73 (http://www.pprune.org/forums/members/bravo73.html) i knew it was a replacement, but thats why i made the bad joke :O

Would be cool tho, not very high starting price, im sure to someone its worth alot, dissapointing that the main gearbox isnt there

Simon

Agaricus bisporus
26th Jun 2008, 13:16
Main gearbox? What main gearbox?

Djinn has been described as the loudest helicopter ever - shrieking tipjets. Neighbours won't be impressed!

Dmcco
12th Apr 2009, 11:16
Squeaks, I know the new owner of this Djinn. Can you tell me where the hanger was that you saw it in? I want to try and do some research for him on this as he is in NSW. I know this machine crashed near Laidley, QLD, 21/5/58, while spraying a potato crop and was, at that time, owned by Australia National Airways before they were taken over by Ansett.
The Rotor Head is about the only thing missing, he has the rest including the bent blades. There is a possibility that the Rotor Head is lying around somewhere and no-one would know what it is.
I can email a picture of the Rotor Head if anyone is interested as it looks nothing like a conventional Helicopter Rotor Head.
Thanks, Dave :)