PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair - hold luggage one way only

A2QFI
25th Jun 2008, 11:53
Please can anyone help? I often go to a destination, hand luggage only, and want to return with a checked in hold bag full of shopping. I can't find any way of booking a flight with hand luggage one way and checked in luggage coming back. Is such a thing possible and, if so, how is it done, please?

Dropline
25th Jun 2008, 12:04
You could book two one way trips - one with hand luggage and one with hold luggage rather than make one return booking. Failing that, I'm sure Ryanair will be more than happy to charge you to check in a bag at the airport on your return!

angels
25th Jun 2008, 12:46
:confused: I thought all Ryanair flights were one way?

Coquelet
26th Jun 2008, 12:13
Yes, but you can book the return flight at the same time as the outward flight, and pay the total for the two flights.

angels
26th Jun 2008, 12:49
What I meant was that you book the outward sector without luggage and the return sector with luggage.

With Ryanair they're two one way tickets -- not a return per se.

IE - what dropline says.

Final 3 Greens
26th Jun 2008, 13:45
Is such a thing possible and, if so, how is it done

Book two separate transactions, one outbound with hand luggage, the return with checked baggage.

Economics101
26th Jun 2008, 14:16
Remember separate bookings will incur 2 credit-card handling charges, so the net savings will be a few bob less. You can't win with MickO!

Final 3 Greens
26th Jun 2008, 15:29
IIRC form the last time I booked with this company (admittedly a long time ago) thre was a credit card charge per flight segment, not per booking.

Can anyone confirm/refute this?

A2QFI
27th Jun 2008, 18:39
Many thanks for the replies to date - I tried to do the "Book 2 Seperate Flights"and the site was so slow that I haven't managed anything in 2 days! A friend and I came back from HHN this week and wanted to check in hold baggage and we had to pay for it both ways, even though we were on the return sector! 50 euros for 2 bags one way!

Coquelet
27th Jun 2008, 18:52
@ Final 3 Greens :
yes, the credit card fee is per pax/per one way flight :
Ryanair.com - FAQS : Table of Fees (English) (http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=CHARGES)

A2QFI
30th Jun 2008, 05:53
Many thanks to all who posted. The booking of 2 seperate flights, one with and one without hold baggage, has done the trick