PDA

View Full Version : Ye old UK fATPL

Mickey Kaye
24th Jun 2008, 12:16
In 1990 I had a UK BCPL (fAPTL) issued. However I never managed to get any further. I am now of the cusp of returning to flying and am about to get my BCPL renewed/reissued. Does anyone know If I will be able to get upgraded to a CPL or ATPL when I pass the 700 and 1500 hour requirements?

heli_port
24th Jun 2008, 12:17
wrong time to be returning 'me ole mukka' as the economy is in 'freefall' :=:eek:

good luck :ok:

Mickey Kaye
24th Jun 2008, 12:42
Can't pick and choose the timing - it was no better in the late eighties and early nineties when I originally set out.

AlphaMale
24th Jun 2008, 14:11
Exams have validity issues under JAR, for the ATPL credit to remain valid an IR needs to be obtained within 36 months of finishing last exam then they are valid for 7 years.

Are you saying after gaining a fATPL you'll still have to sit the exams every 7 years to keep current?

Or is it like refresher training? ... I've never really looked into what keeps a fATPL/ATPL valid.

redsnail
24th Jun 2008, 14:19
No, you need to keep your instrument rating current.

LASORS, Section G, page 3.

The holder of a valid JAR-FCL CPL(A)/IR with JAR-
FCL ATPL Theory credit will be credited the JAR-
FCL ATPL(A) Theoretical knowledge examination
for a period of 7 years from the last validity date of
the IR(A) entered in the CPL(A).

My bolding.

AlphaMale
24th Jun 2008, 19:09
Ahh ...that makes more sense :ok:

helimutt
24th Jun 2008, 19:13
Take note of the JAR bit. I think you'll need to do all exams again. Check Lasors?

lady in red
25th Jun 2008, 17:55
My understanding of LASORS is that the UK BCPL exams are valid without time limit for issue of a JAR CPL (A) (R). TO get this issued you have to show logbook evidence of a minimum of 5 hours flight instruction in a complex type (VPProp and RUC) and pass a LPC with a FE CPL. When you get to 700 hours you unrestrict the CPL. Further detail in section D2 in LASORS.

Mickey Kaye
25th Jun 2008, 20:30
Thanks Lady in Red. Thats exactly what I was looking for