PDA

View Full Version : A400M Loadmaster training

Trumpet_trousers
23rd Jun 2008, 20:28
Anyone interested in a LM training job for A400M, initially based short-term in Madrid, ultimately moving to Seville, please p.m. me with brief details of your experience and suitability for position. Starting date provisionally late summer/early autumn 2008. :)

Trumpet_trousers
24th Jun 2008, 07:11
Back to the top!...

Trumpet_trousers
27th Jun 2008, 09:30
For those yet to see it, here's the roll-out from yesterday in Seville:
BBC NEWS | Business | Airbus unveils military giant (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7475687.stm)

..back to the top!

BEagle
27th Jun 2008, 10:05
You know, it even bears a striking similarity to a certain distinguished-looking ex-C17 ALM, eh Trumpet Trews....:p

Apart from the big black nose, that is!

Hopefully some of the more enthusiastic ALMs will be beating a path to your door at the prospect of working on the new aircraft with you!

RELIABLE SOURCE
27th Jun 2008, 18:07
TT
I'm very interested in the job as advertised. Im due to retire very soon (December) after 30+ years service: I have a very broad experience base in all rear crew AT training, having operated on Rotary, K and J Hercs and the C17 in all aspects, totalling 12000hrs. I am currently working in Course Design and am well briefed in DSAT, and all UK training protocols and delivery methods.

I'd would like to know more about the job and how to make a more formal application for the position.

BEagle
27th Jun 2008, 18:28
RS, you can send either a Private Message or an e-mail to either Trumpet Trousers or myself, including your contact details. He or I will then contact you by 'normal' e-mail means and give you further information.

One essential is that any applicant should be a 'team player' considered as such by his/her peers. The programme does not want any "Not me, Chief" types!

To send a PM, just left click on the appropriate user name and follow the resulting prompts.

Seldomfitforpurpose
27th Jun 2008, 18:37
RS,

I suspect that at your age you are probably a bit past your sell by date.............and only the other day another "Rembrandt" and I were discussing your top table, so best I come have a chat when I get back off leave :p

RELIABLE SOURCE
27th Jun 2008, 19:33
Thanks for the info BEagle. All done for now as suggested. I'll try to play nicely as a 'team player' - honest.

BEagle
27th Jun 2008, 19:53
OK - incidentally, since all A400M ALM applications go to a single recruiter, anyone who has already submitted a CV doesn't need to send another except to add any updates since the previous submission.

ZH875
28th Jun 2008, 10:12
from Lyneham Village Website (http://www.lynehamvillage.com/news/dailymail/hercules270608.html)

RAF 'facing transport plane crisis'

Mail Online 27 June 2008 pg 47

The armed forces could run out of transport aircraft in two years, a report warns today. Constant use in Afghanistan and Iraq is forcing the RAF to retire its ageing Hercules aircraft early, while the project to provide replacements has suffered years of delays.

There is a 'significant risk' that there will be too few planes to meet military needs after 2010, the National Audit Office report said. Five years ago, the RAF had 51 Hercules. Four have since been lost on operations, while nine are being retired early through overuse. Some are almost 40 years old and by 2010 only 33 will be useable.

The Ministry of Defence pays £245 million a year to run the Hercules fleet. Last year the Treasury contributed £92.7 million towards the cost from special war funds. Last year, £130 million was spent chartering commercial planes to ease the shortfall, and £41million was spent maintaining older Hercules.

The replacement Airbus A400M aircraft was meant to enter service next year but the 25 planes ordered are now unlikely to be ready before 2012 or later.

Today's report also highlights shortages with engineers,spare parts and training flights for pilots. The MoD insisted yesterday that the Airbus A400M was expected to be ready in time for a 'smooth replacement' of the Hercules fleet. This assurance of the aircraft availability is concerning,with the latest news of aircraft shortages, overstretch, lack of funding and delay in the delivery time of replacement aircraft.

Lyneham Village Online asked the A400M Project team - 22nd July 2004, "Knowing what MoD's track record is with inception projects, Typhoon, TSR2, SA80, C130J, Support equipment, Tornado, etc etc, could you assure us that we will not have another major overspend and delays that will jeopardise the AT Fleet and C130K."

Caroline McDonald MOD A400m Business Manager replied "I can assure you that due to the nature of the contract there will not be an overspend against this project. I can advise that the forecast delivery date for the UK's 1st A/C is 2010 and the In Service Date is 2011, this is on delivery of the 7th A/C."

RELIABLE SOURCE
28th Jun 2008, 10:56
SFFP

Thanks for the sentiments! I think....? :ok: Old Masters are never past it - they just do it slower!

Does your message imply that you are no oil painting...?:p

I shall look forward to your visit.

Trumpet_trousers
28th Jun 2008, 19:18
Typhoon, TSR2, SA80, C130J

Well, one thing is certain: A400M will be in service way before TSR2 - is the Lyneham Village team a breeding ground for future BBC hacks?

RS30
28th Jun 2008, 23:50
Job done then.

I guess the engine tests all went OK on ex-Snoopy at Marshals and we can expect a first flight by the end of the year.

Those big engines do work don't they?

Trumpet_trousers
24th Oct 2008, 14:54
If anyone is interested in the above, starting January 2009 in Bremen, please p.m. me with brief details of your experience and suitability for position. Preference will be given to those with Tac experience.

BEagle
24th Oct 2008, 15:04
Hola, 'Trompeta Pantalones'!

When you arrive in your new location, remind el Jefe that I'm still owed a finder's fee (por usted y others!!), por favor!!

Salud y pesetas!!

On_The_Top_Bunk
24th Oct 2008, 15:06
Job done then.

I guess the engine tests all went OK on ex-Snoopy at Marshals and we can expect a first flight by the end of the year.

Those big engines do work don't they?

News to me.....

Trumpet_trousers
24th Oct 2008, 15:11
Por qué a mí? He encontrado mi propio trabajo en España! :ok:

Trumpet_trousers
24th Oct 2008, 16:46
No, él en Madrid - me voy, por lo tanto el puesto.
(Isn't the Google translation tool a wonderful piece of kit?) ;)

Trumpet_trousers
25th Oct 2008, 14:58
zum Seitenanfang! :)

Trumpet_trousers
29th Oct 2008, 20:04
To the top..

Truckkie
29th Oct 2008, 20:51
Is there any rush to recruit ALMs for the much rumoured delayed A400M?

jaylowdee
18th Nov 2008, 13:46
I'm interested in the work you mentioned. I have spent six and half years at Lyneham on J's in all manner of nasty places have been accepted as an RI and also trained as an EWO. I am expected to exit soon due injury, can you let me know more details about the job please?

BEagle
18th Nov 2008, 15:15
Jaylo, have left a message with 'Trompeta Pantalones' for you, so hopefully he'll reply soon.

Seldomfitforpurpose
18th Nov 2008, 15:34
J'lo

Didn't think that injury was quite that bad?

Trumpet_trousers
24th Nov 2008, 12:39
jaylowdee: Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, have sent you a pm :ok: