PDA

View Full Version : AS 332 Emergency Drills Info - Fire in Engine Bay.

Gulf Flyer
23rd Jun 2008, 06:35
I would appreciate some info from other AS 332 operators on how they manage an Engine Bay Fire, especially for a spurious warning such as a hot gas leak.

212man
23rd Jun 2008, 09:28
My recollection of the BHL 332 procedure (a little rusty as 14 years since I flew it!) was that the Speed Select Lever was brought back to Idle (Fast Reduction?) and if the warning went out it was left there and the drill was complete. This was to cater specifically for the hot gas leak you mention.

Bootneck
23rd Jun 2008, 14:23
The second thing you need is a toothbrush a couple of meters of tissue and wd40. Invariably the sensors have coked up, a quick squirt and brush then you are offski.
A genuine gas leak on the deck can be a pigs ear, simply getting the undivided attention of the deck fire crew while pulling levers and disembarking pax can be difficult. Somebody may have created a hand signal to idicate an emergency/fire, but if the only bloke on the deck with a radio is the HLO and his head is in the baggage hold you are stuck with trying to wake up numb nuts. :ugh: