PDA

View Full Version : FAR Max allowed time for flightplan validity

jackdaniels
21st Jun 2008, 17:34
Hello ppl...
Does anybody knows what is the maximum validity time, according to FAR, of a flightplan (while acft is still parked at the gate) if re-filing has to be done due to a delay ???

many thanks
JD

scr1
21st Jun 2008, 19:56
I think the A/C has to go airborne within 30mins of flt plan time

(execpt for ATC slot)

no sig
22nd Jun 2008, 10:02
JackD

Do you mean the ATS flight plan, or are you refering to the flight release? The ATS plan will be in accordance with FPL delay procedures of the State you are in, or EuroControl procedures. I don't recall an FAR on ATS flight plans delay requirements.

The flight release on the otherhand, will need amended if there is any change to the original which the dispatcher/pilot accepted for the flight (FAR121.631) and that especially applys to a change to the original ATS FPL. Any delays the dispatcher must be informed of. If the flight stops at an intermediate point then a new release is required after 6hours.

jackdaniels
23rd Jun 2008, 04:50
what I wanted to know is the regulations in the States (far) for a max fpl delay tollerance before a new flight release has to be issued by the dispatcher... I tried to look for it in the far's but I really cant find it :ugh:!!!!!

no sig
23rd Jun 2008, 08:25
JackD

And I don't believe you will find an FAR that is specific about a delay to the ATS FPL. But if a delay to departure is such that the assumptions on which the original release was sent are no longer valid, e.g. destination or alternate weather, winds, en-route conditions, ATC route and or fuel requirements, then a new or amended flight release might be issued by the dispatcher- however, the dispatcher and the pilot in command will agree on the changes necessary. 121.631 and 121.601 refer.

FAR 121.631

Original dispatch or flight release, redispatch or amendment of dispatch or flight release.

(a) A certificate holder may specify any regular, provisional, or refueling airport, authorized for the type of aircraft, as a destination for the purpose of original dispatch or release.

(b) No person may allow a flight to continue to an airport to which it has been dispatched or released unless the weather conditions at an alternate airport that was specified in the dispatch or flight release are forecast to be at or above the alternate minimums specified in the operations specifications for that airport at the time the aircraft would arrive at the alternate airport. However, the dispatch or flight release may be amended en route to include any alternate airport that is within the fuel range of the aircraft as specified in Secs. 121.639 through 121.647.

Sec. 121.601

Aircraft dispatcher information to pilot in command: Domestic and flag operations.

(a) The aircraft dispatcher shall provide the pilot in command all available current reports or information on airport conditions and irregularities of navigation facilities that may affect the safety of the flight.

(b) Before beginning a flight, the aircraft dispatcher shall provide the pilot in command with all available weather reports and forecasts of weather phenomena that may affect the safety of flight, including adverse weather phenomena, such as clear air turbulence, thunderstorms, and low altitude wind shear, for each route to be flown and each airport to be used.

(c) During a flight, the aircraft dispatcher shall provide the pilot in command any additional available information of meteorological conditions (including adverse weather phenomena, such as clear air turbulence, thunderstorms, and low altitude wind shear), and irregularities of facilities and services that may affect the safety of the flight.