PDA

View Full Version : Revalidation by Experience: 1h training flight

acuba 290
20th Jun 2008, 22:39
Folks, who can give me advice, please...

it must be 1 hour training flight, but how it comes into logbook: as PIC, PICUS or PUT, if I already have PPL, but fly with instructor as training flight for revalidation purpose?

XL319
20th Jun 2008, 22:45
As far as i'm aware it would be PICUS

BigGrecian
21st Jun 2008, 01:42
There is NO such thing PICUS unless you are on an integrated course.

a training flight of at least 1 hour’s duration with a FI(A) or CRI(A)* who must countersign the appropriate logbook entry (see full details below).

I.e It is logged as dual, and unless countersigned by the JAA FI with their licence number, the flight is not valid.

deltaxray
21st Jun 2008, 11:14
I went up for a check flight yesterday to revalidate my ppl and was told i could log it as PIC as long as i was'nt getting any tuition. I was essentially PIC and the instructor was just supervising. I contacted the aviation authority to make sure and they said the same thing.

cortilla
21st Jun 2008, 11:55
If your class rating is still valid (which i'm assuming it is) then log it as P1 or PIC or whatever your log book column is.

BigGrecian
21st Jun 2008, 12:23
Log it how you wish....but LASORS clearly states how it should be logged.

Remember it's not for what the instructor says you should log it as, it's what LASORS and the examiner will require...

I know of more than one person who has had an examiner deny renewal as it is a training flight, which is required to be dual, and has to be countersigned. (Incidentally the only time a flight is required to be signed by the FI under JAA regs)

Deltaxray - the whole purpose of the flight is TRAINING, so I'm not really sure what you did in your flight.