PDA

View Full Version : Sponsorship/scholarship for an electronic engineer

Miguel Peralta
20th Jun 2008, 18:25
Good morning, I am a peruvian electronic engineer, I am looking for a scholarship or sponsorship to help me with founds to follow the career of commercial pilot, i dont know wery well the procedures to get licences, medical exams, etc, I would like to read a document about this, an also find scholarships or sponsorships or programs which could help me.
best regards

guybrush
20th Jun 2008, 20:11
Hello Miguel,

Try airlines in Peru, see if they have cadet pilot programs. These should help you become a pilot (assuming there are cadet programs in Peru). Also try Etihad Airways (careers.etihadairways.com), they accept international candidates. But I suggest you know the licensing process first and a lot of industry and business news as some technical knowledge. Google them and you should find some info or try en.wikipedia.org. The competition is stiff, so you have to know a lot in order to pass interviews.

Basically, there are three types of licenses: Private Pilot License (PPL), Commercial Pilot License (CPL) and Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL). Again search the internet to know more about each; try the EASA (Europe) or FAA (USA). They are the aviation regulating bodies for Europe and America and should have information on licensing.

Hope this helps!

Cheers:ok:
guybrush

Miguel Peralta
20th Jun 2008, 20:35
Today I've got some information about how to get a Private Pilot Licence (PPL) here in Peru, it takes a few months, after that, I would need a sponsorship to study for a CPL and then ATPL, that is my doubt, where could I find a sponsorship o scholarship, but, if I could find a sponsorship to get te PPL, It would be better.
thanx Guybrush

Le Chuck

Re-Heat
23rd Jun 2008, 13:58
Nobody sponsors PPLs as they do not permit commercial operations.

You would also need to ensure the PPL you do over there is valid internationally. A PPL should not take months to acquire either - is it worth dealing with the licencing process if it is bureaucratic - probably not.

Unfortunately few sponsored schemes exist. Can you join your military as a pilot perhaps?