PDA

View Full Version : RAF testing

Gnd
20th Jun 2008, 17:29
OK, for comparison, what is the RAF fitness test and does age matter?

Any ideas please.

Green Flash
20th Jun 2008, 17:33
for comparison

In comparison to what?

what is the RAF fitness test

I think if you check out the RAF website it's there somewhere. In fact I think there was a thread with link running here a while ago

and does age matter?
Yes. As does wether you are a bloke or blokess!!

Gnd
20th Jun 2008, 18:10
Sorry, trying to compare the Green V Blue and Dark blue.

Looked on the other threads and apart from giving the amount of press ups for blokesses, not much info. Have tried a search on the web and RAF sites at work (DII) and home - nada!!!

Any ideas?

Wensleydale
20th Jun 2008, 18:49
Green Flash,

Do you work for the Met Office, or was that just a bad spell of Whether?

Gnd
20th Jun 2008, 18:58
Not a lot of help but I will try not to make any minor mistakes from now on !

MOVAGAIN
20th Jun 2008, 23:06
Do not get me going. Simple reply is fair level for blokes and 2/3ds for the ladies-yet we do the same job - strange that?:ugh:

Green Flash
21st Jun 2008, 11:52
Wensley

Actually, it was caused by the third bottle of Houston Crystal!!! Anyway, I can't spell weather.

Aeronut
21st Jun 2008, 16:10
Compare fitness requirements by all means, then don't forget to compare academic qualification requirements.

Wader2
25th Jul 2008, 11:07
trying to compare the Green V Blue and Dark blue.

Mind reader. RAF Fitness test has different regimes - Dark Blue, Light Blue and Green. :}.

Seriously common sense seems to have surfaced. Jock strappers would be wasting their time doing a test every 6 months whereas pie munchers may well need an incentive.

Apparently the 6-monthly testing regime will apply to those that simply pass the test (green). If you exceed the basic requirements in all 3 areas you may have the test period extended to 12 months (light blue) or 18 months (dark blue).

The other group excused the 6 month test would appear to be those that fail.. No colour for them, just conditioned training.

When I could pass the 1.5 mile run from a standing start I could see no virtue in having to do it every 3 months.

In other words, resources directed to where they are needed most.

Mr C Hinecap
25th Jul 2008, 11:32
Wader - I'd not heard that for fitness. I know they are doing something similar with CCS & IRT but how could common sense be also issued to the gym as well as Regt Sections?

TMJ
25th Jul 2008, 12:34
I'm sure links have been posted on previous threads, but just for the sake of completeness...

http://www.raf.mod.uk/rafcms/mediafiles/D9E0A3C7_1143_EC82_2E3E762735D95037.doc

The levels required are on pages 4, 5 and 6.

Wader2
25th Jul 2008, 12:50
TMJ,

Thanks for that. To my surprise, cold, I got blue for pressups and green for situps. All I have to do now is move across the tables right to left. :)

On_The_Top_Bunk
25th Jul 2008, 15:04
I can see why the Army levels are higher due to the nature of their duties.

However, I can't understand why Navy levels are lower than Air Force.

Gnd
25th Jul 2008, 15:44
Thanks for all that, the tables are exactly what I was looking for.

ARINC
25th Jul 2008, 19:12
I can see why the Army levels are higher due to the nature of their duties.

However, I can't understand why Navy levels are lower than Air Force.

Well there's only so far you can run on a ship....Probably get upgraded when the carriers come in

brakedwell
26th Jul 2008, 10:51
Well there's only so far you can run on a ship....Probably get upgraded when the carriers come in.

I wonder whether the weather will be taken into account - pitching decks and all that! :eek: