PDA

View Full Version : UFO over South Wales

Whirlygig
20th Jun 2008, 09:47
UFO spotted by Police helicopter (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7465041.stm)

Well, what was it then?

In today's skies, there are a wide variety of aircrafts which come in a range of different shapes and sizes and in all probability, this sighting has just confirmed that one of these was in the area at the relevant time," the spokesperson added.

So, this was an aircraft falling into one of the wide variety, shape and size categories? :} That narrows it down a bit!!

Cheers

Whirls

Jetscream 32
20th Jun 2008, 15:52
UAV gone walkabout from Aberporth??? :ooh:

DeeCee
20th Jun 2008, 16:02
Quote: He was returning home at around 2030 and saw an object similar to "nothing he had seen before".

Er, it was similar to nothing he had seen before? How would he know?

A.Agincourt
20th Jun 2008, 16:20
Well, what was it then?

A UFO :ugh:

dazdaz
20th Jun 2008, 17:29
A most strange incident. I recall the video of a police heli over Brighton capturing some amazing footage. Makes one think.

Daz

PITCH LINK
20th Jun 2008, 17:49
SAS having a good time!!

ShyTorque
20th Jun 2008, 18:42
I was very concerned to note that the whole website went down just after Whirlygig posted this and she hasn't re-appeared. I think we should be extremely caref.......

Whirlygig
20th Jun 2008, 19:00
Actually ShyT, the website was down when I posted but, thanks to the assistance from a veridian gentleman with a Pontypridd accent, I was still able to post!

Cheers

Whirls

choppertop
20th Jun 2008, 19:25
The BBC picture accompanying the story is of a Twin Squirrel, not the reported EC135. I do hope I have made this observation correctly for, to save your indignation, I have raised the matter by email with my erstwhile former colleagues at Television Centre. I note tonight they've swapped the picture of the offending aircraft ... for another Twin Squirrel. It's that kind of disgraceful, shoddy, sensationalist, gutter misrepresentation and distortion of the facts.... (etc etc)

Ioan
20th Jun 2008, 19:37
Couldn't help but smile when reading the article this morning; was I the only one to wonder if, having a nice shiny new 135, someone wanted some photos of it in the local papers? I notice the BBC specifically mentioned the 135, even if the pic was of a twin squirrel

Whirlygig
20th Jun 2008, 19:43
It's that kind of disgraceful, shoddy, sensationalist, gutter misrepresentation and distortion of the facts.... (etc etc)
...that gives us all a larf??

It is, at least, A South Wales police helicopter if not The New South Wales police helicopter (pun intended!!).

It was more the quotes from the Force spokesman that were amusing rather than the piece itself. We all know, and some of us accept, that attention to detail is alien to a few journalists and that all they are after is filling news space.

Cheers

Whirls

topendtorque
20th Jun 2008, 20:19
Are you sure that it's not the phantom surfie chopper chief from "New South Wales", who may have shot through and is now a serious serial chopper thief operating in the old country.

Better lock your d-d-d-d-d-d-o-ors up at night time.

Whirlygig
20th Jun 2008, 22:01
Silsoe Sid, I was about to congratulate you on another brilliant piece of Photoshop pastiche when I realised that you were not the author/artiste.:bored:

That this came from the pen of a supposedly professional journalist for a top-selling national newspaper beggars belief. I don't think anyone can criticise the Beeb for their reporting in comparison.

Cheers

Whirls

cptjim
20th Jun 2008, 23:50
Here is the video from Hotel 900 taken on August 11th 2000

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tahEjqhvPsY

Some text about the event...
It has come to light that a police helicopter was involved in a dramatic high-speed chase in the sky over Sussex - in pursuit of a UFO.
The astonishing pursuit began when a suspected UFO was spotted as it flew 1,000ft above Brighton by the crew of a Sussex-based police helicopter.
Sergeant John Tickner and paramedic Sean Mitchell sat mesmerised as the mysterious glowing object floated next to them before shooting off at high speed into the distance. They were so stunned they decided to follow it and used a thermal imaging camera to video events as they chased the object for three minutes before giving up and returning to base.
Mr Tickner, 50, who retired last week after 30 years with Sussex Police, said: "We were flying back from Beachy Head and at 1,000ft. We didn't expect anything to join us. Not for a moment did we believe it to be anything sinister. We thought it was funny though, so we chased it around for three minutes and were laughing and joking about little green men."
The video footage they took of the object is now being examined by UFO enthusiasts around the world in the hope that it will provide evidence of life on other planets.

The truth is out there :E

docstone
21st Jun 2008, 07:17
We were amused to see G-SEWP in the Sun (not a paper read regularly about these parts I hasten to add), since SEWP is AOG

Non-PC Plod
21st Jun 2008, 07:48
But the GPS said to turn right at Jupiter, there should be a hyperspace bypass round here somewhere? Nanu Nanu.
Maybe it was D & C police got bored and came North to wind them up? Strap a few cyalumes in the right place, & make sure Ian is driving , and you are certain to get mistaken for "something never seen before"!:)

affluent boss
21st Jun 2008, 09:56
"I note tonight they've swapped the picture of the offending aircraft ... for another Twin Squirrel. It's that kind of disgraceful, shoddy, sensationalist, gutter misrepresentation and distortion of the facts".

Relax man.....You will find that most of us are more interested in seeing pictures of the UFO than the misrepresentation or correct pictures of either the Twin Squirrel or the EC135.

A.Agincourt
21st Jun 2008, 10:16
Excellent video - very hard to label hoax I'd say.

skadi
21st Jun 2008, 10:55
Excellent video - very hard to label hoax I'd say.

That video is definitely no hoax! But it shows now UFO. Look the video at 0:26 s , its a Mini-Hot-Air-Ballon ( Made of paper with a candlelight ). We used them many times for children-party. They are 50cm to 100 cm high.

skadi

topendtorque
21st Jun 2008, 12:18
its a Mini-Hot-Air-Ballon

Now that may explain the happenings in the tropical city of Darwin when at time there are reports of UFO's.

it seems mighty strange that it always happens during the wet season build up when every one has gone troppo, or is it that then is when the mangos come on?

Maybe it's been airforce personnel with too much time on their hands, and beer in their bellies.

others who claim to be in the know whisper dark things about, 'black plastic garbo bags and nun's candles'.???

choppertop
21st Jun 2008, 21:28
Relax man.....You will find that most of us are more interested in seeing pictures of the UFO than the misrepresentation or correct pictures of either the Twin Squirrel or the EC135.

Don't they do irony in your galaxy then?

Cyclic Hotline
22nd Jun 2008, 04:20
I was talking to a guy in the pub, a well known and highly respected UFO expert; who says he has figured out what it is!

http://www.smallfilms.co.uk/ivor/d3.gif

Idris the Dragon - well known around these parts and those familiar with the Merioneth and Llantisilly Rail Traction Company Limited! :eek:

iainms
22nd Jun 2008, 06:44
Some of us got your point choppertop!:}
Its not like the media to get a helicoptor story wrong , is it ?

Non-PC Plod
22nd Jun 2008, 08:14
Cyclic - Is this the episode with Evans the antimatter hyperdrive?:ok:

iainms
22nd Jun 2008, 12:41
You remember what Siadwell sai:Dd to his wife when she said ` I have given you the best years of my life ` ?

iainms
22nd Jun 2008, 12:43
It was ` Yes, but i did`nt want them !:eek:

burn the mullal
22nd Jun 2008, 15:11
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f00_1214113883

Supposed footage from South Wales Police HeliTelly.

Ioan
22nd Jun 2008, 22:14
In the first minute, a Plaid Cymru representative explain the actions they will take if under alien attack!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=usOg34...eature=related

lmao - thanks - most I've laughed all day! :ok::ok:

Another Old Git
23rd Jun 2008, 07:41
OK then, where in the real world is the pier @ 29secs?

Brighton, August 2000

Having worked for the MoD for 23 years, I would say on record that...

SS You take this far too seriously. That Brighton sighting got the crew front page of the News of the world, star billing in UFO monthly (wow) and invitations to the GMTV sofa,Japan and America (all declined). All in the retirement week of one of the crew after 30 years of being sensible.
Cut them some slack and smile, like the rest of us:D

TheVelvetGlove
23rd Jun 2008, 21:52
Even more disturbing is the fact that there are still people out there who use the word "aircrafts" when there is more than one aircraft...:ugh:

There is a great battle being fought in the skies, as well as outer space over the North American Continent. This link explains everything:

http://www.adrenalin.bc.ca/lazer/capt.htm

Lightning_Boy
24th Jun 2008, 18:07
Could this be the answer, maybe......maybe not???????

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7471724.stm