PDA

View Full Version : Bonfire fright

seang
20th Jun 2008, 00:32
From today's Daily Mirror:

A FATHER’S day helicopter treat sparked a major panic after a neighbour thought the low flying aircraft had crashed and burst into flames.
Kevin Jones, 34, and dad Alan were coming into land at their farm where a bonfire was still smouldering.
The neighbour watched the chopper dip behind trees then spotted a plume of smoke and, fearing the worst, dialled 999.
Five fire engines, two ambulances, an air ambulance, several police cars and two doctors all rushed to the scene at Mow Cop, near Kidsgrove, Staffs.
Stunned Alan, who is in his 50s, said: “It was very public spirited of the person, but they jumped to the wrong conclusion. It was a complete waste of everybody’s time.”
Computer boss Kevin, who uses the chopper for business, had taken Alan to see stately homes in the vicinity.
His grandad Jim, 81, said: “Maybe next year he should just send a card.”

The most shocking thing about this story is that TWO doctors turned up. Have you tried getting a doc to come out on a home visit recently? Impossible. No wonder Alan was "stunned".

j21k
19th Feb 2009, 20:51
I decided to surprise my dad for farthers day. I flew up the valley to land. There was rubbish burning in the field. We ate breakfast and plotted a route. The next minute around 20 fire fighters, police,ambulance and air ambulance arrived in the field looking for a crashed aircraft. I was later told one of the residents in the village was still drunk from saturday night called 999 for a joke. Sick or wot ????

ttfn