PDA

View Full Version : Where is the most expensive place for flight training?

Toujours
19th Jun 2008, 13:26
Hi all, I've got two questions:

1. Where in the entire world do you think is the most expensive place for the cost of flight training from PPL to frozen ATPL?

2. Putting weather and cost aside, where in the entire world do you think offers the best quality of flight training?

Emmett01
19th Jun 2008, 13:47
There probalbly is no exact answer to the first of your questions to be honest... Prices depend on where but also the ability of the student... Some people may need more hous than others... it just depends...

The second question, well you'll be along time looking and finding out...
:ok:

EK4457
19th Jun 2008, 13:47
1) Oxford Aviation Academy. Their integrated APP is £63,000 plus CAA fees and living costs for 14 months. Comes to around £80,000.

Having said that, FTE in Jerez is around the same now due to the poor exchange rate.

2) Probably the UK. Although I've not trained anywhere else, so cannot provide a comparison. Expect to get told lots of different answers to this question.

EK.

Rawrawhammer
19th Jun 2008, 13:55
"2) Probably the UK"

you're kidding right no character just ignorant fu***** ignorant

Emmett01
19th Jun 2008, 14:03
Well sayn it the UK, wod be hard but it cant be measured because each different country has its own standards...

Like in America pilots talk over the radio speaking pure slang english//// did that in the UK and the CAA would be askn questions bout things,,, nobodys knows, dont know anybody that did training in saudi Arabia for example, so how can anyone compare... Sure enough within the UK, UK wannabes may be able to compare but come on now...

Captain_djaffar
19th Jun 2008, 14:19
The best quality doesnt come from the particular school,I really think its all upon your designated instructor and his structure of teaching.

I would say U.K is not the best,but among the bests!!!

Rawrawhammer,being a f****** intellectual of the highest emminency,lay your answer ...

2) Probably the UK

I would say most probably too...not sure.

Moreover a pilot who has dual licenses,an australian one,which he
self-paid,and a JAR (france) which he acquired through a cadetship (the company at those time didnt accept other licenses any than JARs,so any ab-initio and already fully licensed cadet from other standards had to go to Ammaury de la grange)...told me that training in france was very different in all terms compared to aussie and far better.
Somehow its his own opinion,everyone differs.But he's been through both systems,i think he's well placed to be quoted :ooh::ooh::ooh:

EK4457
19th Jun 2008, 15:11
you're kidding right no character just ignorant fu***** ignorant

Beautiful. Is that directed at the UK training system or me? Besides, you're right. My mistake. It must be Australia. Everyone sends their cadets there.....

It is a subjective issue and I gave my answer. Like I said, you will get many different answers. You decide for yourself.

EK

cfwake
19th Jun 2008, 15:23
Just to bring back the thread onto the question, CTC iCP is going to work out pretty much the same as OAA, maybe a small amount (ie 2 grand, which when you're paying around 75 grand all in...) less, FTE is almost the same if not slightly more costly, especially when you factor in living costs. Cabair is only around 5 grand less than OAA, while by the looks of it you get much less of the important aircraft time -in the twin - and you get far more sim time, which anyone with experience will, I'm sure, tell you is some way from ideal! All the integrated routes are pretty much the same...

EK4457
19th Jun 2008, 15:25
cfwake, agreed. All much of a muchness. But FTE has a swimming pool (I believe) :ok:

EK

ReallyAnnoyed
19th Jun 2008, 15:28
To find the best education, you first have to define what "best" actually means. I would hazard a guess that the best education for a specific airline is their own programme as you are taught what that particular airline wants you to know. There are a few schemes around still. Learn German and you can have a go at Lufthansa's scheme if you pass their rigorous selection process :)

As for the most expensive education, well, if you have the mullah, I can set you up with a pretty expensive education that will let me retire in a year :}

cfwake
19th Jun 2008, 15:30
Aha, but OATC Goodyear has 2! And a crowd of Germans on the same airfield who do awesome parties!

However, of course, we only do 5 months in the sun, and there is a disappointing lack of Paella and Sangria...

nich-av
19th Jun 2008, 17:22
Easy question.

KLS, the Dutch flight school that promises employment with KLM.

Around 120 000€ (100K£) to do most of the flight training part in Arizona...

Yes! some people are insane!!

Anything above 60 000€ (50K£) with flight training in USA looks already ridiculously high to me.

cfwake
19th Jun 2008, 20:58
WW...do you mean that it won't take you to 80 grand at OAA or at FTE? Just looked and at the current conversion rate (Can't find euro symbol) 103000 for the FTE integ course is 81 grand, before monthly spends...seems enormously expensive to me!

Adios
19th Jun 2008, 21:56
CFWake,

Does CTC iCP include MCC or do the grads have to go onto the £7K Wings ATP to get that bit, or do MCC elsewhere? If it's not included, I'd say they best OAA and FTE for highest price.

Sotrax
20th Jun 2008, 16:11
Most Expensive:
Stella Aviation Academy

Kosten der Ausbildung

Die 2 jährige Ausbildung kostet 99.500 Euro, kann aber voraussichtlich über die ABN AMRO Bank zu attraktiven Konditionen vorfinanziert werden.

2years of Training, 99.500€ without living costs.

EK4457
20th Jun 2008, 16:26
Pretty sure they have to include MCC in the course to get approved as an integrated course. Don't quote me though!

As far as the OAA cost goes, it aint far off £80k surely (although I believe you have actually been on the course ww). 14 months of living costs in Oxford and Goodyear. Surely you will not get much change out of £12k?

Anyways, UK based Integrated are the most expensive. Around 70 to 80 grand all in.

The best place for training is a very individual choice.

EK

EK4457
20th Jun 2008, 16:32
Sotrax, two years seems like a long time for a fATPL. Does this price not include a type rating or some other additional training?

Sotrax
20th Jun 2008, 16:44
No, nothing at all :)
Just fATPL and MCC.
According to their Website, the actual flying takes 13 months, which seems incredibly long..
They do offer a Boeing Typerating on top, but at additional costs..

EK4457
20th Jun 2008, 16:53
Well there you go then.

I don't have a pair of clogs so cannot understand the web site. But if you say they offer a fATPL for £82,000 over 2 years with no living costs, then they win the 'worst value' competition by a mile!

EK

Awaiting Push
22nd Jun 2008, 13:09
Hi all,

I agree its hard to say which fto is the most expensive taking into account extra lessons, tests etc..... But just to give a different point of view im currently training in South Africa. 43 Airschool in Port Alfred. There are two options:

1) Apply directly to the airschool and do the S. African CPL. I think the price of the course is approx 35,000-40,000 euro. ( Again subject to any extra training you might need). Then do any conversions back home.

2) There is an Integrated course run by Sigmar Aviation which use this fto for its training. Course costs 95,000 euro. Includes everything up to and including MCC. Also includes accomodation and food. (www.jetpp.com (http://www.jetpp.com))

Apart from weather etc.... The cost of living down here is a lot less than any other fto I looked into.
The quality of instruction is very good and the airschool is regarded as "arguably" the best in the southern hemisphere. It is used by South African Airways to train its cadets and has just signed up with Emirates to train their cadets.

Maybe a bit bias from my point of view but as I said its a different point of view.

AP

mores
23rd Jun 2008, 09:41
The most expensive school is the KLM Flight Acadamy.
The costs are 117.500 Euros and it's without living costs.

139BOY
23rd Jun 2008, 10:37
1). Most expensive would have to be either the UK or Europe.

2). By far the cheapest would be USA. Cheaper than Australia or NZ & the weather in Florida or California is perfect flying weather , no missed days due weather.

I did my PPL in NZ & CPL in Australia & wish i had of gone to the USA.