PDA

View Full Version : Hour building in the U.S

MetalGear
18th Jun 2008, 14:07
Hi, I'm looking to do some hour building in the U.S and was just wondering if any one else has any info on where I can find the cheapest place to rent aircraft, while not sacraficing quality of service and quality of airplanes, in the Florida area. So far the cheapest I've found is flyaussieair.com. Also, I heard a rumour that hour building towards a JAA Comercial licence only counts if you rent a/c from a JAA operator. Sounds strange but this is the place to dispel such rumours. Thanks.

geordiejet
18th Jun 2008, 14:45
I've heard good things about Sunstate in Florida.

I don't think it's true that you need to be at a JAR school. And given my own, and other people's experience of JAR schools in FL, you may be better off in terms of cost and quality if you choose an FAA school and avoid the JAR schools.

HappyFran
18th Jun 2008, 15:28
For hours building you can hire the aircraft from whom so ever you like, JAR, FAA or your mate down the road :}

If you are not using an FTO were there is a CFI to sign off your logbook entries, Then just make sure you keep as much evidence as possible of the flights that you enter into your logbook. e.g. copy of tech log, landing fee receipts, fuel etc.....That way you can back up your logbook entries if Mr. CAA should query anything. :)