PDA

View Full Version : Airport Agencies (Servisair)

transwede
17th Jun 2008, 19:39
A bit of information regarding Servisair subsidiary, Airport Agencies. I know that they are classed as the representation part of the handling agent - mainly dealing with tour operators, but are they branching out and encroaching upon Servisair's activities, as I have recently noticed that Airport Agencies are now responsible for FR in BRS (ticketing etc).

Any info on this part would be appreciated.

wools
17th Jun 2008, 21:16
Airport Agencies are 100% owned by Servisair and have been issuing tickets for many years on behalf of tour operators. With the decline of Airline Ticket desks due internet bookings very few Handling Agents can no run dedicated tickets desk facilities. I would suspect this is just a natural consolodation.

DAVYDAY
25th Jun 2008, 07:23
AA Seem to be taking more and more Servisair handling duties and while some stations downsize staffing within Servisair, Airport Agencies are growing and it does look that they are taking more SA acitivies on board.

AA expand while SA decrease it is worth watching!

transwede
5th Jul 2008, 20:04
Thanks for that - why, if Servisair owns airport agencies, are the smaller part of the business taking over duties? Is it cheaper for airport agencies to carry out the duties of the handling agent?

DAVYDAY
7th Jul 2008, 06:26
The AA Staff have different terms & conditions.Cheaper salaries/overheads.

Timescale 3-4 years it will all be AA.

groundhand
7th Jul 2008, 12:05
Transwede,

The services provided for FR (and other loco operators) are very differrent to full service ticket desk operations. For FR there is no need to be ticket trained, being able to use their website is sufficient as that is all AA do if they get a walk-in passenger wanting a flight.
As more and more of the European market is covered by lo-co operators there is less requirement for qualified ticketing agents; hence the move to other solutions.

GH

transwede
13th Jul 2008, 10:13
I suppose it is logical then, if it is cheaper, for Servisair to transfer all possible activities to the Airport Agencies part of the business. Though if the staff get more tasks and companies, I'm sure they wouldn't be too happy at having lower wages!!! That could open a can of worms.