PDA

View Full Version : How do I know I have what it takes?

TitanMaster
17th Jun 2008, 14:07
Hello Everyone

I too have been dreaming of learning to fly my whole life. I play FS all the time, and like to think I have a good idea of what i'm doing and why.

I work in the ATC environment as an Assistant/Coordinator and being in the environment drives my passion about aviation. I love being in ATC, with all the excitement, speed and precision involved, and would like to eventually become a controller.

All thats not what i'm talking about though. My question is simply, how do I know I have what it takes to succesfully obtain a ppl? Or even a micro-light licence? A flying licence of sorts is something i'd like to get whilst i'm still young (20yrs currently).

Thank you, look forward to your input....:ok:

TitanMaster

smudgethecat
17th Jun 2008, 14:36
Despite what some may have you believe learning to fly is not a black art, anyone with average abilities will have no problem gaining a PPL, ..even i did it!, so take heart and go for it .

IrishJetdriver
17th Jun 2008, 23:45
Take a trial lesson or even a few lessons at your local airfield and see how you get on. No need to be a rocket scientist and if you got in to ATC then you are more than likely going to be just fine.

If you do want to proceed more seriously then get the medical done early on. if you are thinking of commercial flying then do the Class 1 (or equivalent) right at the start so if you fail it you are only dissappointed and not dissappointed and broke !!