PDA

View Full Version : Epic flight academy

MARCOFLY
16th Jun 2008, 14:42
Hello guy!!!
I want to be a pilot and i should have atpl with epic flight academy. Do you know? I should have any information

Bye bye

Marco:):):)

lebron James
25th Jun 2008, 03:11
well this is my Quesions too
any1 can help us ?

lebron James
25th Jun 2008, 14:09
Hi every body

well , I decide to study in Epic and i ask them about thier planes
and they send me this link

Epic Aviation's Flight Schools Fleet (http://www.epicflightacademy.com/flight_school_aircraft_fleet/flight_school_aircraft_fleet.htm)

Any one tell me is this good staff or not ??
any advice ??

i'm going there to get JAA atpl frozen

acuba 290
25th Jun 2008, 15:40
just writed them, we'll see what they answer, never heard about this school before...

lebron James
25th Jun 2008, 15:55
We have a fleet of 35 brand new aircraft. These include Cessna 172SP models with traffic and weather radar, autopilot and more. Over fifteen in that fleet are Cessna 172SP with G1000 Glass cockpit. We also offer Diamond DA-42, Cessna 172RG, Cessna 182, and Beech Duchess BE-76. We have two brand new Frasca G-1000 glass cockpit simulators with another state of the art 220 Degree True-Flight Wraparound, (One of the only in the area). The aircraft that you train on play an incredible role in the level of training you receive.
WE HAVE THE NEWEST PLANES ALL EQUIPPED WITH THE LATEST SAFETY TECHNOLOGY

NEXRAD WEATHER RADAR
TRAFFIC AVOIDANCE RADAR
GPS
AUTO-PILOT
GARMIN G1000 - GLASS COCKPIT
The Newest Member to the Epic Fleet our Diamond DA-42 Twin Star

Our New Frasca G-1000 Flight Training Device

zooom
25th Jun 2008, 22:20
As I can see they aren't JAA FTO, they just offer conversion to JAA probably through their contacts with JAA school in Europe...

LH2
25th Jun 2008, 23:55
All I can say is that seems a very poor choice of name :E

whiskey1
26th Jun 2008, 03:24
Does Not appear to be a JAA licence just FAA licence that you have to convert. Notice it says on the website:

JAA Conversion:
Epic Aviation has an agreement with a flight academy in Europe to conduct your JAA Conversion. This will include your Frozen ATPL Written Exam, and CPL Check ride. Study Materials will be issued while at Epic.
**Cost of Conversion not included in guaranteed price.

So you need to allow for conversion, both time, effort and cost!
Consider a JAA Approved School.

gotroni
8th Jun 2009, 12:57
I was just checking this thread from a while back. No, they do not provide JAA training, but because the FAA is also ICAO the conversion is way cost effective. You want to talk about Time and Cost effectiveness? the FAA training at Epic takes 6 months. The JAA training in the UK takes 18-24 months and costs 3-4 times more than Epic's training. The conversion, which takes maybe 3 months only costs about $12,000 USD. You're saving a lot by doing FAA and then converting to JAA, a lot of time AND money.

Fitnesspilot737
8th Jun 2009, 15:58
Epic do not offer JAA. I got my FAA CSEL and CMEL IR there in 6 months. Im converting to JAA via Bristol at the minute which is much more intense than FAA. I heard Epic lost alot of their fleet and have been making cut-backs. They did however get a new seminole glass cockpit. The instructors are good and the cost is more appealing than in Europe. If I had to make the decision again however I would have done everything but my timebuilding in Europe no matter what the cost was. Much less hassle.

gotroni
8th Jun 2009, 16:24
You would? I did all my JAA ratings in Europe and then converted them to FAA. I spent way too much money. The other way around is so much cheaper. I understand the hassle though. Converting a license is always a hassle, but think about the $30,000+ you could be saving by doing a little bit of research and finding the right way of converting. Seems to me it's worth it.
Good luck at Bristol, have heard good things.

Fitnesspilot737
8th Jun 2009, 19:59
Yeah honestly I think I would. I have to do at least 15 hrs here for my IR anyhow and retake the CPL which I will need more training for as I have almost forgotten how to bloody fly. Then there is the MCC course which is pretty much standard these days. In retrospect the total of all of this plus the FAA licence pretty much evens out to training in Europe. Saying that I know some places in Europe are so so expensive. I guess going the JAA route and then converting to FAA is going to be much more expensive. One thing for sure....FAA is much easier than JAA when it comes to written papers

chileno 777
8th Jun 2009, 20:32
Also planning to go to EPIC but unfortunately have only received automatic replies from them.

Question off topic:
Could anybody pls provide or explain the FAA syllabus for the Inst/Comm written exams?