PDA

View Full Version : Kilimanjaro - Lusaka: Air Kenya

answer=42
16th Jun 2008, 10:00
I may have to travel from Kilimanjaro (or Arusha) to Lusaka. I would have thought that the best way is Air Kenya to Wilson, then Kenya Airways from Nairobi International.

I've flown Air Kenya before (on this route, indeed). They appeared fine. Are they currently good i.e. safe? Is this indeed the best route?

Thank you for flying this SLF to many varied and interesting places. I hope that you have occasion to fly this SLF in the near future.

Vialengai
16th Jun 2008, 13:13
The other way you could try is JRO or ARK to DAR and then change onto Zambian Airways to LUN

perceval
16th Jun 2008, 16:22
two companies , operating KIA-WIL , Air kenya and Safarilink . Both fine . But if you want to go directly to JKIA , you can use precision from Kili .

answer=42
17th Jun 2008, 12:25
Thanks for the helpful comments

Apparently
KQ6725 JRO-NBO
does the job. Not on KQ's website. Codeshare Precision perhaps?

I remember some fairly negative comments on Precision on this site. Anyone prepared to comment? As far as this SLF can tell, I've never had any evident problems.

perceval
18th Jun 2008, 20:54
It is a codeshare with Precision .You would fly an ATR 42 or 72 .About 40mns and good view of the mountain if it's clear . Their first ATR 42 is a bit old now and looks it but the others are cool . It's not bad.

petesevenseven
19th Jun 2008, 01:57
Ah yes I remember flying that number well!!! Then flying the 726 back to nbo for a nightstop. Man I miss that big buffet at the Hilton!!!!

Those were back in the days of the even more tired LET410's they used to fly on that particular codeshare with KQ:eek:

Gotta love it:ok:

Pete;)