PDA

View Full Version : BA 747 in Dublin

flyerire
15th Jun 2008, 22:36
Anyone know the reason there was a BA 747 on the tarmac in Dublin this evening??

G-BPED
15th Jun 2008, 22:48
I believe that both the BA176 and VS010 both operating JFK-LHR diverted to DUB due to delays into LHR.

I gather that George Dubya Bush arrived and brought LHR to it's knees.

So, as well as the BA & BAA buffoons bringing the airport to a halt it seems that another breed of buffoon can also do the same thing!!!!!

Regards,

G-BPED

flyerire
15th Jun 2008, 22:59
As i was leaving, i saw a BA 777 arrive which made me think the 74 was a tech problem but perhaps just another diversion.........and all for one man!!!! jeez, i hope he's compensating BA!!!!!!!!!!

point5
15th Jun 2008, 23:19
A triple routed LHR-DUB as BAW9154 (if i remember correctly) earlier this arvo.
Ta.

DILLIGAFF
16th Jun 2008, 00:59
BA176 did not divert because of GWB it was because the crew ran out of hours after a late departure from JFK due to thunderstorms.Should not have left as they knew they did not have enough hours left to reach LHR.
D

Mr @ Spotty M
16th Jun 2008, 05:03
I would say you are "DILLIGAFF" wrong to say that.
Any decent airline would depart for an airport on route to land inside crew hour limitations, in this case DUB.
By which time a replacement crew can be dispatched to continue the flight on to its final destination.
Well that what my company has done in the past and l hope will do in the future if operationally possible.

MarlboroLite
16th Jun 2008, 10:38
Or perhaps the crew thought if they got a decent routing on the NAT Tracks, pick up a good tail wind and make up some time.

But i suppose its far easier (and cheaper) to get a replacement crew to dublin, rather then cancel the flight and transfer pax to other airlines or accomodate them in NYC overnight???

HZ123
16th Jun 2008, 16:43
Oh no it isnt, not with BA. Bush caused havoc why could he not go to a military airfield or better still not come at all. Do not forget we named an A320 after him.

philbky
16th Jun 2008, 17:33
According to many sources on both sides of the Atlantic the aircraft re-flight planned JFK-DUB after holding in line at JFK for some hours. The new flight plan was filed before take off so the flight didn't have to return to the gate to refuel. The fuel remaining was only legal for Dublin, even Manchester was too far for legal flight planning, so Dublin was chosen.

It was due to land at LHR at 07.40 on Sunday morning but with the delays at JFK it left around 7 hours 30 late, getting into Dublin at 14.40 local. Because of the chaos ensuing at LHR due to the arrival of some self important political nonentity the crew could not refuel at Dublin and obtain a slot at LHR within crew hours.

The pax eventually arrived at LHR at 22.34, six minutes short of 15 hours late. If the pax were not told of the problems before departure from JFK, they should have been. If that was the case, BA should be both apologising and compensating the pax.