PDA

View Full Version : Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment V

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

Skywise7
24th Jan 2009, 03:26
Hello Lovely People!

I am applying to Emirates and have a question about relationship status...

Do they show any preference towards single or married applicants?

I am currently engaged with plans to get married in the next two years but have not a set date yet. I am aware and respect their culture/beliefs that you cannot live together unless you are married.

So do I tell them....

a) I am single
b) I am engaged and planning to be married in the next 1-2 years?
c) Wait until I am married and then apply?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated!

Regards
Skywise

clarebear
25th Jan 2009, 07:07
Hi:bored:

I recently went to the Brisbane Open day and had my final interview about 2 weeks ago. The waiting has already been hard, you must be tearing your hair out!!!! I am getting on with things, exploring all opportunites but in the Back of my mind EMIRATES is always there. I wish you all the best and hope they call you soon. Let me know how it goes. Lets hope we both reach the sky soon.

hang in there:ok:

cabin8crew
25th Jan 2009, 08:30
Hello all, I just have a question if anybody experience the same. I had my final interview (first days of dec) and now its been 8 weeks. No call , NO email.. There is one girl who got a call just in a third week, I dont know about the others... anyways, I have been working as c/c and my phone is switched off most of the time. any Ideas?

:)

Lia Kohl
25th Jan 2009, 11:58
Just emailed them my medicals, now here comes the 2nd round of waiting.

Speaking about waiting, Sfjana and Vix85, nothing yet?

JennydD, clarebear and cabin8crew: instead of calling them in Dubai, I've called EK recruiting agency in Japan (where I've been through the whole joining process) in my 6th week of waiting and it worked out.

Good luck for all those waiting. :ok:

Vix85
25th Jan 2009, 12:08
Hey everyone, haven't been on here in a while. It's been 8 weeks today for me, I don't know what's going on, still no YES still no NO, I don't know what to make of it. Every week im thinking 'yeah i'll hear something this week either way' but no. Ahwell all this waiting around has just resulted in me having to sign another contract in my current job to stay on longer but i cant put my life on hold in the hope i'll hear from EK. Gotta get on with things I guess.

Everyone that's been moved from 13th Feb to 20th Feb did they give a reason as to why your DOJ has been changed??

There is 3 of us from the Galway day that still haven't heard anything and all 3 of us are on here so at least we're in this together girls haha. The waiting game is great fun....NOT! xoxoxox

NADYA
25th Jan 2009, 12:09
hey im indonesian i got selected into final interview with emirates im so happy tho!:Oany one from indonesia or singapore?

wanttoflyhigh
25th Jan 2009, 17:04
Hi guys,

So quick question :)

When is it you get ur DOJ? is it after the final interview or is it after the medicals have been sent?

Thanks in advance!!!

xx

cabin8crew
25th Jan 2009, 19:10
Im a guy :O, well did you know about the others from your group, did someone got no email?

the skys the limit
25th Jan 2009, 22:29
hi guys, i was just wondering, from applying to ur DOJ, roughly how long is the process? I really want to apply, but I cant leave my job for another few months cause im in the middle of a big deal, so I need a rough idea of how long it takes to when i can apply, however if the deal falls through, i can apply straight away :O

Skywards
25th Jan 2009, 23:56
Hi JennyD, it must be killing you! I completely lucked out, they got back to me after 2.5 weeks. But for some reason I think they got through the Sydney ones really quickly, because quite a few of us heard back relatively quickly. But I feel your pain now that I'm waiting for the medicals, its been 2 weeks and counting (which isn't much) but I have so much to organise! And that email is a shocker, after I sent them my medicals it took them a week to respond to say they received them...and you feel like you don't want to keep hassling them with emails/calls but we need to hear back from them!

wanttoflyhigh: When you get the phone call after you final interview saying they will offer you a position they ask you how much notice you need to give to your current employer and then give you a DOJ with that in mind. Not to sure if you can change the DOJ or not...I'm feeling like I'd like to if I don't hear back about medicals soon.

theskysthelimit: I think its different with everyone and depends on your notice period at work and how long it took them to offer you a position. For me, the open day was on the 6th December, offered on the 25th December, given DOJ of 6th March (I have to give a months notice at work) so by then it will be exactly three months....but I've heard it can take much longer, or even much shorter if you want/need it too.

clarebear
26th Jan 2009, 00:37
Hi skywayrds, i have been waiting for 2 weeks now after getting through the final interview in Brisbane. When did you originally go to the assesment in sydney? I feel your pain waiting for the medical clearance, if i get to that point i am sure i will be constantly worried:ugh:.

Good Luck with everything though
clarebear

sb1004
26th Jan 2009, 04:22
I'm not too sure what to wear to the open day, would a dark skirt suit or a light skirt suit be better? Just too indecisive about these things haha

Lia Kohl
26th Jan 2009, 05:55
sb1004

Here in Japan I saw some girls wearing light suits, but I think that type of color may you look fat and it looks more wrinkled than a dark suit. I went in black and have not regrets! :ok:

lovefly
26th Jan 2009, 10:37
Hi I've just joined and was wondering if anyone could help me... I have applied for cabin crew and have been invited to the open day in London on the 17th Feb. I have a small 1.5 inch tattoo on my right wrist, I can cover it with a plaster but I'm wondering if this will be a big problem as I hear they are quite strict on things like this.... any advice would be great! :):rolleyes:

sweetlady1122002
26th Jan 2009, 12:18
Hi,

I also applied, however not received an invitation as yet :(, how long ago did you apply? if you don't mind me asking

the skys the limit
26th Jan 2009, 12:32
hi, thanx for the advice matey, much appreciated, i will bear this in mind :O

Lia Kohl
26th Jan 2009, 12:57
lovefly

Just check out FAQ about Emirates Airline | AIRBOY (http://*****************/~redcandy/airboy/faq/) and seach for tattoos. Your question is answered there :ok:

the skys the limit
26th Jan 2009, 22:13
thank you very much for that Sodwee, both very informative and very helpful :ok:

Lia Kohl
26th Jan 2009, 23:42
Hey Airboy, I'm still waiting your reply on KIX 13thFEB. Anyhow, the possibility of change of this date are HUGE as well :P

sfjana
26th Jan 2009, 23:45
Does anybody know how restricted they are for cabin crew applicants with glaucoma?

:ok:

Many thanxxx

lovefly
27th Jan 2009, 08:34
Hey,

I applied last sunday online and had a call the day after. Half my family live in Dubai and i know a few people who work for Emirates so they sent my reference number to the HR manager and then it was sent to the UK.... but I have not had an email yet so I wouldnt worry... i'm sure you will get one soon! When did you apply? :) x

flying away
27th Jan 2009, 09:12
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
they called me yesterday wayyyyyyyyyyy i am happy very happy
i will start my med tomw:ok::ok:

the skys the limit
27th Jan 2009, 10:25
lovefly, where abouts is the open day on the 17th in london? im doing my application now and im just wondering where it is, or if any1 else knows?

lovefly
27th Jan 2009, 10:55
Hello the skys the limit

I believe its at the Hoiday Inn in South Kensington London but I haven't had an email to confirm yet! I have however had an email from Gulf Air for an interview this coming sunday and I only applied yesterday afternoon! Have you applied for any other airlines? :)

the skys the limit
27th Jan 2009, 11:42
hi lovefly, thanks 4 replying so quick, i havt applied anywhere else to b honest cause i really want emirates. i have worked for ryanair before but it was awful and ive heard such good things about emirates that i really want to work with them. But wow, that was quick!!!!!!!!!!!! Ill rwad up on them, see wat compant they are like and if i get invited to london ill let u no, thanks again!:ok:

deon85
27th Jan 2009, 11:48
got my eticket and visa sent to my email! and leaving in 3 days!
can't believe its almost arrived...

OCT - JAN.. longest job interview process EVA!!

as the others before me i have created a blog... ch ch ch check it out!

http://dstarduubai.wordpress.com/

dstar

sweetlady1122002
27th Jan 2009, 14:05
It feels like a long time!!, but i applied last week in december, possibly early january! its hard waiting, not knowing if i i made it to the assessment, :)

wanttoflyhigh
27th Jan 2009, 16:58
Hi guys,

Hope ur all doing good, not stressing too much bout your replies from EK, even though I now Know what they mean about the waiting game being... beep! :) It sucks!

So I guess I have another question... How strict are EK on eyesight? I know its part odf your medicals but do anyone know whats the max / min they will tolerate if your wear contacts??

Your help will be much appreciated!

Skywards
27th Jan 2009, 23:10
Hi wanttoflyhigh,

FAQ about Emirates Airline | AIRBOY (http://*****************/~redcandy/airboy/faq/)

Thought it was easier just having this link...theres a question on there about vision

Hope that helps!

jes553
28th Jan 2009, 02:57
hi everyone first of all this site is so helpful thanks... i was jus wondering i am going to sydney for open day and i have read heaps on wat to do and wat not 2 do, i was jus curious how long will i spend there during the whole process? thanks jessi

wannaworkupthere
28th Jan 2009, 08:52
Hello I went to my 3 interviews with Emirates and its my 14th day of waiting for the golden call. I wake in the morning thinking about Emirates!I've heard it can really depend on the day how long the process takes. My open day started at 9, I'd arrived before 8 (incase there was traffic had to be early!) and there were 180 people approx there. We just had an information session and then saw the interviewers for around 2 mins one by one. So each of the two interviewers had to see 90 people approx each. I was about tenth in line and got out at 11:45. They called me back at 2:00 for the 2nd interview the following day, so they had seen everyone by that time. The second interview went from 9 till 5. Third interview was just 45mins approx but they were running half an hour late. I'm in Brisbane but my mate who works for Emirates is from Melbourne and said 450 people were at his open day and they just lined up all day long! Another girl who works for Emirates from Perth said that there were only 70 at hers. Other people have said that thier interview days went till late at night and I've also heard that the process can be different in other countries. So my point is that I think you should keep your whole day free just incase cos you never know. I don't drive and live a fair way from the place my interview was and my poor auntie waited for me each time! I wish I'd found this site before I went to my interviews as you can find alot out on here. Anyway best of luck to you!

jes553
29th Jan 2009, 03:35
hay thankyou for that info, i have my flight booked to come back early on sunday but should i change this in case i get a 2nd interview on that day? also how far did you get or do you work as cabin crew? i'm so dertimed to get this, can you give me any pointers to do so plz..:) thanks again also where is brisbane you live? i'm from there

jes553
29th Jan 2009, 04:10
hi everyone can someone plz help me with this is a open day or assessment day the same?? or is it 2 completely different things? i have been given a invite to go to sydney on the 7 feb and was wondering will there still be ppl that can turn up? thank jessi

Skywards
29th Jan 2009, 04:19
Hi jessi,

I went to the last Sydney one and one of the girls did the same thing as you except she came from Melbourne and had to change her flight like 3 times! They start at 9am on the Sat, but ours was quite busy so they had two information sessions. This meant that the day went for a bit longer (because we had to wait till both info sessions were over before we did the 2 mins with recruiters), I was home by about 2.30 and I live very close. On the Sunday they do the group interviews which start at 9am but don't have an end time, its just over when its over. I was home by 6.00pm. And then they hold the one on one interviews on the Mon, Tues or Wed. You have a choice of day and time, but if you can't come on the Mon/Tues/Wed then you miss out. They left the country on the Thursday morning. So if you make it all the way through to the one on one, then you would have to stay at least until Monday arvo (best case scenario).

I had to call in sick for work...which I felt bad about but there was just no other choice!

Maybe just get a flight where you don't have to pay for every flight change?

Sheenab1983
29th Jan 2009, 11:00
Does anyone have any idea whats going on over in Dubai?? :sad::sad:

My self and two others have been waiting 9 weeks now and still no reply!

Vix checked the CC Recruitment site the other day and noticed that a lot of the recruitment and open days are listed as 'posponed'...

What is going on???!!!:ugh::ugh:

wish_2_fly
29th Jan 2009, 14:01
You wanna know whats going on??!!......The same as what is going on in the rest of the world.....Economic Crisis!!!

Its hitting all the companies!!! Even Emirates......Boeing are to let go 10000 staff and British Airways have slashed all routes by 25%!!

If you have applied already just email or call. They can "pool" you which means you are successful but they will contact you when a start date becomes available!!

Just get in touch and keep trying.......

Good Luck

Lia Kohl
29th Jan 2009, 15:07
So, I sent my medicals Sunday afternoon (DXB time) and I just got today (Thursday) a written confirmation that they got them. BUT, I called then yesterday and I was told I was supposed to translate "every single word" of my laboratory results of blood test etc. (the handwritten notes form my doc werent enough, I think).
Today, in the email I got from them confirming they received then, there was a word saying about translations... lets wait and see now what will happen.

Mike
By now, I still have FEB 13th, now I dont know if I change to 20th or not. No one else on FEB 13th? Just me?

waitingforemirates
29th Jan 2009, 16:45
me! me! it's just 2 wks away :D

wanttoflyhigh
29th Jan 2009, 19:54
Hi guys,

Since uve been helpful in answering my questions I decided to give back! ;) To all of you who have still not been to ur assessment day I hope this helps!

Day started at 9am and I think about 70people showed up. We were given a presentation on the airline, living in dubai, about the job etc. This took about an hour. After this we all went to the recruiters and handed in our cv`s. We were then asked to leave the room and come back in 15min - they split us into four groups - the first two would stay in the room and the next two groups come back in 40minutes.

At this point of the day we were placed in a circle with our group and had to ask the person sitting next to us what animal he/she would be if they had to choose - while we were doing this we would go up to the recruiters one by one and do the reach test and were asked a few questions by the recruiter like; why emirates? what do you do now? etc... When everyone had spoken to a recruiter we would stand up one by one and tell the group which animal the person sitting next to us wanted to be and why.

We were now given our group discussion topic; "If you had to make a charity organisation, what would it be for? Where would you be based? And how would you get the funds?" We were given 15minutes to talk about this and come to an agreement as a group, no voting allowed. When the time was up the recruiters picked one person from each group who would stand up and tell the other group what we had agreed on. We were then sent out and asked to come back in 15minutes. When we came back they had the first "elimination" and probably 35 people were sent home.

The we had a break and came back for an english test - one hour maximum - grammar, reading comprehension, plus a one page essay - after this another 10 people were sent home.

We then were split into two new groups - one group stayed in the room the other group come back in 45minutes. New group discussion - recruiters were sitting right next to us listening and writing - topic was; If you had to make a movie what would be the plot? who would be your main actor and actress? where would it take place? - 20 minutes - no voting. When the time was up the recruiters would ask us all to stand up, one by one, and answer a question like; "What did you agree on would be the plot?" At this stage another 13 people were sent home.

I think about 10 of us made it to the final interview which would be the next day. We then had to fill in some paper work and do a pshycometric test - 180 questions like "I like to read? - yes, no, uncertain..."

Be ready for a VERY long day if you make it through the stages!

One advice from me, I might be wrong, but it seemed like, they werent really paying attention during the first group exercise - it seemed like they decide when you do the reach test and talk briefly to the recruiter, but I might be wrong on this!! Just remember to smile and be sweet when you talk to the recruiter... Be yourself, they will see right through you!!

GOOD LUCK GUYS, and if you have any questions let me know!! ;)

jes553
30th Jan 2009, 01:31
thankyou for that info its really helpful to me... first time ever going to and open day... i really want to make a great lasting first impression and i really want this so bad, i live in brisbane australia and going to my open day in melbourne, lol its a bit far but yeah i have to travel to get to the open day, can you tell me what sort of questions they ask you on the one on one interview plz, and any pointers that could help me, photos, etc; well thankyou look forward to hearing from you thanks, jessi

Flying princess 116
30th Jan 2009, 09:34
Hi there what open day did you attend ?? I attended the Glasgow one.

sfjana
30th Jan 2009, 15:48
nrcrowth
Welcome to the club! It's hard to say. I have a friend who waited for 3 weeks after sending her medicals. Hopefully they will call you soon. I heard that helps if you send them all together instead of bits at the time.

Sheenab1983
We need to throw a party when we get to Dubai! We are having the longest wait EVA!

the skys the limit
30th Jan 2009, 16:15
want to fly high
do u know wat they are looking for in these group discussions? do they look into the content of wat u come up with and answers at all or r they just lookin at how u participate?i.e, leaders and followers?

wannaworkupthere
31st Jan 2009, 00:00
Do you mean that anyone waiting for a reply at the moment should contact Emirates or just those who have been waiting a long time? My 3rd interview was January 12th, but someone else had written on here that they got the golden call on january 27th just 2 1/2 weeks after thier final interview. they tell you 2-6 weeks is it best to just wait until after that period to start contacting them?

grantlu
31st Jan 2009, 00:47
Hi everyone, greetings from Taiwan.

We have attended the open day on 20 December, 08 and the assessment days on 3 or 4 January in Taiwan. There were over 800 people in the open day and 122 people successful for the assessment day.

In the end, we have 18 people get into final but this week there are around 10 peoples who have received the “no” notice email.

Others are still waiting for further notice. I assume the process is bit different then before as those “unsuccessful” letter has been sent out before the golden call….

As we know they are sending out the no notice email which I do believed the interview process still go on.

Also the EK is coming for recruitment on February.

Cheers

norbu_boi
31st Jan 2009, 08:12
hey guys,

Quick question, Is there any push back after getting the final approval, Emirates are reducing their courses, Do we have to be concerened ?

20 days to go .... OR hopefully

Xx

dina metwally
31st Jan 2009, 18:05
i want to join emirates but i dont want to serve alcholics so the crew have the choice to choose their positions on board or not and which position on board dont serve alcholics:ouch:

norbu_boi
31st Jan 2009, 20:38
Hey Dina,
All cabin crew should serve alcohol :)

There was a guy in the selection process with us, he passed the three stages, then they informed us with few conditions, such as SERVING ALCOHOL is a must, no hair gel, rings, necklaces, or anything that represents a religion, politics, or any personal belief is prohibited, so he simply refused and walked away ...

Good luck.

Xx

wannaworkupthere
31st Jan 2009, 20:57
At my third interview they asked if anyone had a problem serving alcohol and noone put thier hand up. Then she asked if anyone was Muslim and noone was as in brisbane it's obviously not the predominant religion, although I hav Muslim friends. You would hope that an Arabic company would not discriminate against thier own religion and that concessions could be easily made. Surely there is much more for cabin crew to do than serve alcohol? I say go for it, have convictions in your beliefs and values and you will succeed, I believe that the right thing happens in the end, inshallah!

wanttoflyhigh
31st Jan 2009, 21:05
Hi,

A question that came to me after having read ur post... Emirates reducing courses? Confirmed or hear-say?? Thanks..

wannaworkupthere
31st Jan 2009, 21:06
It has been 3 weeks tomorrow since my final interview, but who's counting? Thier office is open on a Sunday maybe us waiting will receive our call's today? Never hurts to be positive. GOOOOOOOOOOOD LUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dubai Bound
31st Jan 2009, 23:40
Has anyone sent an email to [email protected] ([email protected]), [email protected] ([email protected]), [email protected] ([email protected]), or [email protected] ([email protected]) recently?
I sent in my med forms for final confirmation and kept getting this reply email :::
[email protected] to me
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
Delivery to the following recipients failed.

Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
Action: failed
X-Display-Name: Cabin Crew Joiners
it happened with all of these emails!!!
[email protected], [email protected] ([email protected]),
[email protected] ([email protected]), or [email protected] ([email protected])
I am going to phone them tonight but this is so frustrating. I am finally done with meds and I have no way of sending them!!!!!!

clarebear
1st Feb 2009, 02:58
:bored:
Yes Three weeks tomorrow, cause we are both in the same boat. I am not liking the vibe there is on the forum either about emirates. It feels like an answer that will never come.

:ugh:

wannaworkupthere
1st Feb 2009, 04:44
It's fiiiiine... lets put things into perspective. Yes my friend from Emirates said that they are slowing recruiting down due to world financial crises and alot of upcoming open days have been postponed until further notice BUT the open day is still going ahead in Sydney next weekend isn't it? They wouldn't be bothering if they had stopped recruiting people altogether much less the people who have already been through the interviews. So relax. stay positive. I saw a guy on here say that he just got the golden call on the 27th only two and a half weeks after his final interview and that was just a few days before ours! I say we are lucky we got in when we did unlike the poor people who had intended to attend the postponed open days. And lastly we WERE told 2-6 weeks wait so we shouldn't be surprised and you said yourself that it can sometimes be longer.So we've got the ability and the attitude and presentation that Emirates is looking for. Why worry? Stay positive and this time will soon pass. Please don't be disheartened as I believe we attract what we think about so don't think about what you DON'T want and start thinking about what you DO want as if you already have it. And if you don't get it? Your a survivor, you'll be fine! So anyways, right now I'm thinking about the graduation at the Emirates Aviation School and celebrating with dinner in the Desert... what you think?Best wishes and talk soon xoxo

sb1004
1st Feb 2009, 05:08
Is anyone attending the Sydney Open Day on 7th Feb? :)

Skyline88
1st Feb 2009, 05:49
I really need help over here, i cant seem to contact Emirates at all as its saying the line is bz? The fact is i dnt even know wether am i calling the correct place as not even 1 of my calls got true. I am a Malaysian and im calling from malaysia. Could someone confirm emirates number for me please? Ive attended my final interview on the 20th of jan and got a email from them on the 28 of jan asking me to fill in a I & U form. Has anybody gotten this before? Thanks in advance!!

wanttoflyhigh
1st Feb 2009, 08:58
Hi guys,

Im having a bit of a problem here... I just received the I&U form to fill out via email...

Two questions;

1) Do I print it, sign it, scan it, and send it back? Or do I fill out on the computer and send it back?

Further...

It asks for an application number,

2) Do I use the one from the online application? OR... Do I use the reference number from the assessment day?

hmmm, ur help is much appreciated!

norbu_boi
1st Feb 2009, 09:29
Hey wanttoflyhigh,
I'm not sure about your first question, but about the second one, you need to mention few things when you send out your I&U
Your Name
Your Reference number <---- your reference number in the assessment day.
Date of final interview.
City of interview.

Good luck
Xx

Skyline88
1st Feb 2009, 09:34
hey wanttoflyhigh, im also in the same position as u and what i did was i printed it, signed it, scaned it back via email. im trying to contact them but i cant seem to. haihz.. did they tell u that u got 2 do it in two working days?

wanttoflyhigh
1st Feb 2009, 09:41
Hi,

yeah it says within two working days - what I am thinking is this, where it says application number, what did you write?

Montreal76
1st Feb 2009, 11:36
Just joined EK and my advice to you all is to be patient as they only contact you if they need something from you (missing info, papers etc), so in this case, no news is good news.

Good luck to all

dina metwally
1st Feb 2009, 14:43
Wanna Work Up There
I WaNT To Thank You For Your Polite ,nice,gentLe way Of Reply:ok:

monkey_boi
1st Feb 2009, 15:39
yes i had the same problem, just make sure that your attachments DO NOT exceed 1mb per email. i had to send around 15 emails with each separate document on it. Hope this helps.

Regards

Dan

monkey_boi
1st Feb 2009, 15:41
Has anyone here got a date of join on the 20th March???

sfjana
1st Feb 2009, 16:14
Hey there!
I had to fill the same a 2 weeks ago. What I did was, printed, filed, signed, scanned and sent them back.
I did fill it with my assessment day number. Because since we've been exchange emails I always identified myself with my name, the assessment day number and the day of my last interview.
Good luck
xxxx

clarebear
1st Feb 2009, 20:26
Hi All

Being patient with emirates is exactly right. For all those people who went through in brisvegas Australia i feel this is our week so GOOD LUCK. It will be worth the wait.:ok:

jes553
2nd Feb 2009, 00:43
hay there i am attending the open day i'm flying down from bris.. r you going

clarebear
2nd Feb 2009, 08:48
Hi Jes

No i have already been through the whole process and am awaiting the final nod or the rejection email. Let me know if you need advice or anything. You are going to be great:ok:

Vix85
2nd Feb 2009, 09:32
Hey people! I've had enough waiting around for them to make up their minds, it's been 9 weeks and 1 day since my final interview and no word, 3 of us in the same position here. Im calling them tomorrow morning coz to be quite honest I feel they are taking the p!ss now. I haven't heard of anyone else that's had to wait this long for an answer. Good luck to anyone else still waiting coz you're in for a hell of a wait!!

nicuk
2nd Feb 2009, 12:04
If you have been waiting 9 weeks you have it.... but they won't confirm it until they have a start date for you. i joined back in the day of SARS. I waited 5 MONTHS before they said YES. Due to the world economy you may find that you may have to wait a bit. Hang in there, the job is yours but its going to take some time.

Donisha
2nd Feb 2009, 13:00
I have to attend an emirates open day. My hair is in a short bob hair cut and it cannot be pulled back in a bun. Will that be a problem?

Because I'm worried.:confused:

JennyD
2nd Feb 2009, 18:49
Hi all

I waited 7 weeks and I called and they had trouble finding my application said they would call back and didnt so I called again and they said check the email. I got the email just after hanging up and spending $40.00 trying to get through and it was no email... So if you have been waiting for more than 6 weeks call them, sorry to say it doesnt mean you are in if you have been waiting a long time, it just means they are busy and dont even have time to send an email to say there are delays.

Good luck with everyone that waiting looks like I am meant to finish my degree everything happens for a reason

JennyD

angelina000
2nd Feb 2009, 23:12
First, after reading this forum for about 2 hours now I want to thank everyone who have kept the topic alive!!!!:D:D:D

I am going to attend my 1st open days in Belgrade, and after discovering this forum was like a discovering a completely new world for me. Lot of my questions are answered, if not all. The open day is on Saturday, it's getting closer so the nerves are doin' its thing, he he he

I got it: be yourself and smile a lot!!!!! That the foremost best piece of advice a person should take and stick to it.:p If they like you, they'll hire you, and that it.

I got a lot of wisdom from the posts.

Just a quick question: Anyone here gonna attend OD in Belgrade, Serbia on February 7th??????:confused:

To all members, PLEASE remember to keep your fingers crossed on Saturday for another Emirates wannabe who wants it so baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ok:

Keep you all updated on my success, or not...... The phase of learning about the company and such is still in progress, the pics are done, resume updated, cover letter in progress, college diploma pending, etc.

Greeeeetings from Croatia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ok::ok::ok:

want_to_fly
2nd Feb 2009, 23:39
Hey Rachelle it's me Aaron. I was number #7 and was sitting next to you most of the time during our open assessment day? So good I've found you here!! Yeah their office opens on a Sunday and I was an unlucky one cos I received an email saying 'maybe next time'. Im definitely going to come back a year later and give it ago!! I still keep in contact with a few people through facebook. Anyway wish you all the best!!

clarebear
3rd Feb 2009, 03:56
Hi Aaron

I was at the recruitment in brisbane with you too. I was number 47 so i guess not exactly sitting next to you. When did you get an email from emirates? Im really sorry hey, their loss and im sure you will make it next time.

Never Give Up:)

clarebear
3rd Feb 2009, 04:02
No dont worry, its only a problem if your hair is shoulder length or longer. Good Luck

filwa
3rd Feb 2009, 05:39
hi there,
anyone have the same DOJ ?
had a friend who got an email from EK telling hers will be delayed,dose anyone have heard about the same?am a bit worried !

Skywards
3rd Feb 2009, 07:59
^I am also waiting for my final approval after submitting my medicals 3 weeks ago. I sent them through an email and they have just responded saying they are reviewing their courses and they will get back to me and update my date of joining if necessary. They also said do NOT (their use of capitals not mine) resign from your current position. This coupled with the postponement of a number of the recruitment days isn't sitting to well with me...

I really hope we still get through and they aren't cancelling training as well...here's hoping!

Sheenab1983
3rd Feb 2009, 09:04
Im trying to get a fix on one or two things, as to whether people who were interviewed after Vix, SFJana and Myself have already heard back from Emirates with a 'Yes' reply.

Would people on here mind greatly posting up their final interview date and also the status of their application.

Final interview date: 01.11.2008

Thank you so much in advance...

Sheena.

clarebear
3rd Feb 2009, 10:23
Hi as per you request

My final interview date was: Jan 13 2009

:cool:

Flying princess 116
3rd Feb 2009, 10:57
Hi,

My final interview was the 18th November and i got the "yes" email and call on the 25th Dec all my medicals are done and away, i got my final approval on the 16th and i fly out on the 20th Feb.
Hope this helps
Dawn x

Skyline88
3rd Feb 2009, 11:07
hey man! thx for the info. I would like to know how did u know that emirates has received your emails? did u contact them or did they reply back to u? Did they send u anything else after the I & U form? thx man!

Flying Princesss

Wow they got back really fast with your application!! Im so excited for you!! All the best!!!!

Flying princess 116
3rd Feb 2009, 11:49
Thanks and very best of luck to you ! :ok:
Dawny x x

pinkylicious
3rd Feb 2009, 12:19
anyone who has same doj as mine??

i'm still waiting for the approvals for my medicals and there's one more week to go to complete my 2 weeks of waiting!!
i hope i don't have to wait some more!!

Vix85
3rd Feb 2009, 12:54
Sheena, well from what we've gathered so far by people's replies today im guessing there is something wrong with us hehe EK obviously don't like us!

We've both tried calling today, I guess we'll call again tomorrow, that saying 'Banging your head off a brick wall' is seeming pretty damn relevant right now.

Vic

Skywards
3rd Feb 2009, 22:17
I am glad there's a few of us all waiting for our final approval (after medicals)....I guess they are taking their time because they are reviewing their training courses. Hopefully this means they are just having fewer courses, not cancelling them completely! So for everyone that is waiting, do you guys have to give notice at your current work? I was frieking out because I have to give a month's notice and my DOJ is 6 March....which obviously isn't going to happen now, but at least I know why they have taken a long time to respond after the medicals...

grantlu
4th Feb 2009, 00:45
Hi there...

Final interview date: 6 Jan. 2009

Remark:
Total pax for final: 18
Received No email: 8 on 28 Jan. 09 (meaning the selection still on-going)

tiniviel
4th Feb 2009, 10:59
pozdrav iz zadra...

moj ti cimer ide u beograd kad i ti....

evo ti moj mail pa cu vas spojit

[email protected]

zovem se ivana

tiniviel
4th Feb 2009, 11:03
I still waiting for my final approval.... my DOJ is 13.3. i send them my medical reports 14 days ago...

Lia Kohl
4th Feb 2009, 18:25
FI: 28th Nov
GC: 7th Jan
MS: 25th Jan
DOJ: 13th Feb

Just got an email 29th Jan confirming they got my medicals and that's it. I think they will also postpone my DOJ, but I'm starting to freak out, since the official DOJ is just one week away I I have no news.

Tried to call today, will try tomorrow too. Until I get through, cause I don't wanna wait until Sunday.

want_to_fly
4th Feb 2009, 23:24
Hey #47! haha. I luv how they call your number instead of your name during the interview. Yeah I got rejected on Sunday couple of days ago. Im not upset, I just have to keep on going! I count myself lucky to have gone through emirates once and made it to the last interview! A tough experience but u learn alot from it!

I have a feeling you guys might get the call very very soon!! Im so excited for everyone in BrisVegas who are still in the running :ok:

Wish you the very best clare!!

pinkylicious
5th Feb 2009, 09:12
so we are same doj..i'm also on 13 march...
still awaiting approval after medicals..

fingers crossed and good luck to u!:ok:

giovanna
5th Feb 2009, 10:25
Hi everyone!

Is anyone going to the open day in Toronto on Feb 21st? I'm starting to get a bit anxious as I keep looking on the Emirate's site and though the date is still there there's no venue confirmed ,it says "postponed until further notice",and I need to get my transport and hotel reservations...is it normal that they don't have a venue confirmed yet?:uhoh:

Thanks

tiniviel
5th Feb 2009, 10:34
Good luck to you too! hope we will see us in dubai...

greetings from Korcula!

nrcrowth
5th Feb 2009, 12:12
yep I have to hand in a months notice and am awaiting final reply after sending medicals.

I received an email saying they have received them and theyll let me know within 3 wks!

my doj was 20th feb but obviously thatll have to change!

im goin to ring up sunday to see status of my application!:ugh:

Donisha
5th Feb 2009, 15:33
Hi Giovanna,

Well, we are both in the same position. I have to attend Emirates Open Day on the 7th February in Trinidad and Tobago and on the website it states Postponed until further notice. I have to travel from Grenada to Trinidad and this is just a hold up for me. I'm just getting more and more nervous at the moment.:\

waitingforemirates
5th Feb 2009, 16:15
Hello everyone! I just received my e-ticket & visa but i need help! It may sound stupid but I guess i just have to be sure about it and get a confirmation. The time stated on the e-ticket, do I go by Dubai time or my own country's time? In the ticket it stated that all timings are local. I'm unsure whether local=dubai or?

I really hope to get help on this matter as i'm leaving soon.
Any kind souls who're sure about this and can help?:confused:

applefigher
5th Feb 2009, 16:43
waitingforemirates- Your ticket is always in local time and never dubai time. :)

As for everyone else about venues being post poned its not usual of emirates. It most likely means they have cancelled they open day or assestment day. but keep checking the site cause u never know if they will change it

wanttoflyhigh
5th Feb 2009, 16:44
Hi,

Where do you have this information from?? That people have had their offers withdrawn I mean... Is this factual or rumour??

tiniviel
5th Feb 2009, 19:39
how can they withdrown their offer if ones medical report is satisfactory??!!

In contract says only if medical report is not acceptable can this happen...i mean if one is not healthy enough

nrcrowth
5th Feb 2009, 21:06
yes i hope i am wrong... but someone I was at interview with told me i hope i am wrong as i am waiting for final approval after ive sent medicals........

Skywards
5th Feb 2009, 21:29
Is anyone going to the open day in Toronto on Feb 21st? I'm starting to get a bit anxious as I keep looking on the Emirate's site and though the date is still there there's no venue confirmed ,it says "postponed until further notice",and I need to get my transport and hotel reservations...is it normal that they don't have a venue confirmed yet?http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/worry.gif

Giovanna I think this means the whole recruitment session is cancelled, not that they don't have a venue. It says "postponed until further notice", which I guess means you have to keep checking the site until they decide on another date. How annoying for you!

To all those waiting for final approval (me too!) I think that they are not really breaking the contract if they say we will take you on but not for a while. So if they change the DOJ to 3 months away, theres not much we can do. I am praying they don't do that though!

I figure if they tell me a week before that I am approved, then I will just have to forget giving my months notice and just leave! Wouldn't want to miss the oppurtunity.

And also I don't think they would be withdrawing our offers if they are still recruiting people. I think if they cancel all recruitment sessions, then we should start to worry. But why would they cancel our contracts and continue looking for people to offer jobs to? Trying to stay positive...

tiniviel
5th Feb 2009, 22:36
they still recruit... my flatmate is going to Belgrade tomorrow... so...Let us just be positive and pray they will send us Final Approval soon :)))

waitingforemirates
6th Feb 2009, 06:07
applefigher - thank you soo much! i know it was a very stupid question but i just don't know why i can't think right nowadays.

dear everyone, the withdrawing of employment happened to one of my friend who was awaiting her final approvals(after spending a bomb on medicals & she's supposed to fly on the same day as me). The email that Emirates sent her stated that they know that the withdrawal of employment is gonna be very disappointing but it is unavoidable. The reason they gave is due to the economy downturn and they're affected afterall. They also said that they are reducing recruitment this year. I know this is not good news for anyone here but please be prepared. I had a friend from another airline, she told me that her colleague got a day of MC and got sacked! They're finding ways and excuses to cut cost.
As for me, I'll just have to pray that all goes well when i reach there not surprised that i may be sent back home anytime for doing some minor mistakes.

Whatever it is, i believe things happen for a reason. Let's all be positive. I sincerely wish all who are reading this the best of luck and may God bless us ALL :)

pinkylicious
6th Feb 2009, 08:47
reading all the posts here makes me so worried...

ABOUT FINANCIAL CRISIS AND SO ON..

I REALLY WANT THIS THING BADLY...

:uhoh:

tiniviel
6th Feb 2009, 10:21
i really want this job.... now even more :S :((

wanttoflyhigh
6th Feb 2009, 12:01
Hey guys,

this is a copy paste from the Emirates Crew discussions forum... Written by a current cc with EK..

quote begin:

It is true, we have most definitely stopped recruitment and all upgrades from March 09 until further notice. Was told this yesterday by the cabin crew managers who came to graduation. They state that this could be a good thing as now they can focus on consistency. Big word the latter!

If the rumours are to be true, that would be awesome to get rid of Sao Paolo, the layover is way too short and even the Lufthansa crew mocks us for flying god-knows-how-long for a layover that still leaves you feeling like a zombie when back on the aircraft to Dubai. The Brasilians will not be too happy though if that route goes!

Oh, cancellation of the A380! Wohoo! That whale should never have seen the light of day. Bring on more Boeings I say, preferably the new 747s Intercontinental.
http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

Gone U/S
6th Feb 2009, 12:17
Just wish to advise those words of wisdom from the current EK cabin crew member happen to be Ali_Xander (my flatmate).

Also Sorry to hear about those of you that are receiving the email about the downturn in the industry and hence the cancellation of your course dates.

The rumours from inside the company are saying that all recuitment in March is being postponed ... the numbers graduating each week are smaller aswell.
So good luck to all!

tiniviel
6th Feb 2009, 12:18
this is bad news :(((((

Vix85
6th Feb 2009, 15:17
This news isn't good at all. Sorry to all the ones who received that awful email, they couldn't even of had the balls to do it over the phone like. Fingers crossed the bunch joining on 20th don't get the same email from EK, although it doesn't look good after this. I feel really sorry for all you guys that had to fork out for medicals etc then get this charming email. 'Economic crisis' has a lot to answer for. I contacted Emirates AGAIN yesterday to see what was going on with my application, 10 weeks now lol got speaking to the relevant person who then insisted on laughing down the phone at me when I asked her if there was any progress on my application seeing as its been so long. Marvellous recruitment staff you employ EK. Maybe they should show their office staff what 'customer service' actually means.
Sorry again to all that got their contracts withdrawn, must be truly soul destroying. xoxo

Skyline88
6th Feb 2009, 16:15
Hey vix, what was the outcome of your conversation with the EK staff? Any positive feedback?

Vix85
6th Feb 2009, 16:59
Hey! I never seem to have a positive phone call with EK haha...

I just came on the phone nice and polite, simply asking the status of my application and enquiring if there was any problems with my application etc she then went on to say my application was fine and that id hear in 1 weeks time (bearing in mind anytime i call them im told 'wait 2 more weeks' 'wait 1 more week') same story different day. So I just said to her I was told this the last time i phoned up and you still didnt get back to me with an outcome, will i really hear next week??? Thats the point at which she laughed at me, I didn't say it with a joking tone or anything so it wasnt as though she was laughing with me I was expecting an answer to my question but in turn she hung up.

At that point I was raging, if i'd have been anywhere near her she'd have been getting that phone cord wrapped round her neck!!

Im a nice person really but im sick of this bvll****. So apologies for the rant. Good luck to anyone else out there who is waiting for any kind of answer from EK coz I seriously doubt it'll be positive in any shape or form. I've officially given up...

p.s. the people on this forum are great and were a huge help to me, loads of useful advice on here for people. Oh and if anyone wants contact numbers for EK i've got about 8 of them LOL. Should I hear anything in the future i'll keep you all posted.

BYE GUYS!!! It's been super talking to you all on here, made some great friends from this forum! TAKE CARE EVERYONE, loads of love from snowy Ireland!! xoxoxox

tiniviel
6th Feb 2009, 17:45
Does this mean that people who were to join in march and april have no hope left? Man, I spend so much money on medicals...this is not fair.... this crisis is not what happened yesterday... they knew about it long before!

pinkylicious
6th Feb 2009, 19:17
Disappointed, deluded and angry...

This shouldn't be happening.....

Never thought Life was so unfair...not in this way..

dxb_ fido
6th Feb 2009, 20:19
Hi all,

Few questions in mind:

Did EK withdraw all their offers ?

Are there still people joining the company ?

If anyone is joining on the 13th of Feb and didn't have their offer withdrawn, please state ...

Now few facts to mention since I live in Dubai and I hear a word from here and there:

- The government of Dubai is paying extra attention and has high hopes on Emirates Airlines to help it's economy after the crash in the financial and real estate market in Dubai.

- A huge amount of money was invested by Dubai government on Terminal 3 which is exclusive to Emirates Airlines and was designed to better suit the A380, in addition the huge amount of money which is being invested in Al Maktoum Airport (Jabel Ali Area) which is under construction now.

- Emirates Airlines has placed an order for 45 Airbus A380 worth 15 Billion Dollars (There were rumors that Emirates threatened to cancel the order due to a delay in the delivery but experts say it's most probably a negotiation strategy from EK)

- Emirates Airlines is like any other company, it has new staff joining and old staff resigning, and the gaps need to be filled.

Now taking these facts into consideration, is it possible that emirates airlines has completely stopped recruiting operational staff like Cabin Crew, who are the essentials to keep this company running and expanding.

And if they did, why would they withdraw offers from people who were already offered the job instead of canceling their open days in Dubai and other locations around the globe which are still running ?

I really can't figure it out. what do you guys think ?

I called EK last week and they checked my name and they informed me that I will hear from them within a week or so, again I have no idea what that means, why would they cost me more time if thy are not recruiting ?

The only explanation that I could come up with is that Emirates is reducing the number of new joiners per open day, so maybe people who got their offer withdrawn had many people selected with them in the same open day, and the number was downsized so they withdrew their offer.

I am really sorry for you guys, I know how it feels, I've been there. I had a very good job offer from a big company in Dubai and they were already working on my residency, 10 days later, I got the call, offer withdrawn due to financial crisis.

Let me know what you guys think

Cheers,

Fido

Skywards
6th Feb 2009, 22:36
I am so disgusted with that email. The fact that they say you can go through the whole process again, really good of them! The absolute very least they should be doing is reimbursing us the cost of the medicals....and then saying when things pick up will we pay for your medicals and have a job waiting for you.

How dare they still be holding recruitment days and at the same time turn people down who have made it this far? Some other suckers are going to pulled into hoping they got the job, only to be let down.:=

I specifically asked the recruiters at my one-on-one whether this was a possibility, and they insisted it wasn't even an issue.

I agree with vix85, I've lost hope because they have no right to treat people like this! My DOJ is in March, so if the February people are getting turned down, then what hope have I got!:{

dxb_ fido
6th Feb 2009, 23:48
Hi All,

How many of you have received the email from EK regarding withdrawing your offers ??

Fido

nakks
7th Feb 2009, 07:12
hey as far as i know the people who alrerady received their final confirmation and were asked to resign from persent jobs are still going on FEB 13. so far only the ones waitin for final approval may reciecve the withdrawal...

tiniviel
7th Feb 2009, 07:59
so... for us joining march we can wait and hope thou there is no hope left... and this is worlds leading airline?!

Emirates- keep recovering!:sad:

tiniviel
7th Feb 2009, 08:10
this is nightmare!!!

Dubai Bound
7th Feb 2009, 09:00
Still waiting on final approval but now who knows. I am trying to stay positive but if i get my offer withdrawn I will not be well at all. The amount of bad things i want to do in my head right now are immeasurable. I can't believe this **** is ******* happening to us. $8000 I spent on Dentals and for what? I better not get withdrawn or I will do something unimaginable

pinkylicious
7th Feb 2009, 10:50
every minute i read tese posts...

they should recruit us who have been waiting after sending in medicals!
this is totally unfair!!!

if they had foreseen this disaster they should have not asked us to do our medicals and immediately refuse our applications!

i'm one of the few who applied last year in july and they kept me on hold until i became 21 last december!
if i wasn't 20+ i would have already been working with them last year..

so guess better give up hope now and continue lloking for other jobs..

i'm so disappointed..

and they continue hosting open days in aussie and they did one recently in rome where i live!!

omg...

romell
7th Feb 2009, 11:06
Seems quite an ilogical thing for them to do.Whitdrawing completely their offers while still holding interviews in the next few days instead of simply reschedueling the joining process...In any case if I do get the dreaded e-mail after all the money spent the first thing I'll do is calling my lawyer,not their recruitment team. In the offer of employment they state that they are commited to hire you on the only condition that you meet their medical standards.Heck, you could sue them for emotional damage as well. I wonder how they thought that they could turn down hundreds of people and whitout facing legal action...

bkkfly
7th Feb 2009, 11:15
I was just reading throught the wannabes forum as we are hearing rumours here in DXB too. I can say part of the problem is accommodation, there is not enough accommodation in DXB for crew at the moment.Most AB initio are still in hotels which is costing the company so much.

Another problem for some of you guys is the EK is now focusing on recruiting crew from countries that it wants to expand in eg, India, Australia. I hate to say it, but people from little tin pot countries are not really on the radar for Emirates right now. You have to remember that in the UAE, the only right you have is the opposite of left. You may feel you have been treated unfairly with the refusal emails you have received but you are forgetting the concept of fairness does not apply here. You guys are a commodity and EK can treat you anyway they like. Sorry but I hope thats a reality check for you.

flylicious
7th Feb 2009, 16:53
I'm so sorry about the withrawal news. OMG, so devastated. As for me, I keep thinking about open day, looking forward it, and now "postponed". I want this job so bad :ugh:

Sodwee
7th Feb 2009, 17:14
I'm sorry for all of you guys who got the email. Will indeed investigate tomorrow. Stay tuned. Thanks for the link by the way !

midoy10
7th Feb 2009, 17:48
i received an email about my failure in the first selection of application http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/puppy_dog_eyes.gif:

Thank you for your interest in Etihad Airways.

Unfortunately, we will not be pursuing your application for Cabin Crew at this time. However, should you be interested in other positions within Etihad Airways, kindly return to the careers website and reapply for any position that you believe to be a good fit for your skills and experience.

Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors.http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/boohoo.gif

i had an experience in hospitality 5 stars hotels and sales agent in big mall
plus i have http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/worry.gifa great smile lol what they want ? someone have a DOCTORAT:=

why they trait people like that just let any one have a chance to go through interview http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/censored.gif or EK ,EY ... call any one wait for news but they send NO email:=:E

http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/wibble.gif God help us and good luck for every one http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/sowee.gif

dazednconfused
7th Feb 2009, 19:21
You should all just apply to etihad.. there is much more money in abu dhabi and despite the credit crunch i am sure etihad will just keep recruiting...
sorry to hear about what happened though....

Skywards
7th Feb 2009, 19:34
Well guys I have a bit of info for you (really doesn't help us in anyway) but thought it was interesting. Was reading on another forum that a girl went to the open day in Sydney yesterday and the recruiters told them that they had put all recruitment on hold. They did the line up thing and handed in their resumes and they said they would be contacted in no less than 2 months to find out if they got to the next stage (I would say the one-on-one).

I do not understand how they can say this to people! I just want to go, so if they say to me lets put your start date on hold until June, I would be fine with it as long as I was still going! But the fact they may (still a tiny bit of hope left hence the 'may') withdraw their offer and make us start from scratch is absurd.

pinkylicious: I'm bummed too, the only reason I had a start date of March was because I have to give a month's notice to my employer. I could have left easily by the end of Jan if I didn't have to do that...it's amazing the difference a month can make!

bkkfly: Think you're right about the fact that there is just nothing we can do about it....unfortunately.

tiniviel
7th Feb 2009, 19:38
wow... I could have left yesterday, but i sad no...i wanted to finish my university...
if they hve to cut costs... they will hire people who did whole process like we did... but it is true... my flatmte went to belgrade today on open day... and they will have just group exercize and no interview

leaviateur
7th Feb 2009, 21:25
I can see that this situation is altering everyone, and it's reasonable.

I think that all those Open Days that aren't postponed or cancelled, will indeed to hire new CC joiners. I don't see a point of making people travel long ways to get to the Open Days and themselves traveling that far just to say to applicants that they stopped the recruitments.
And those ones waiting for the final interview, they'll have just to wait, it's obvious that this financial crisis is afecting the world and definitely Emirates it's not an exception, but I can hardly imagine that those people that sent their medicals already are not joining the company (unless you have any medical issue) or that they will have to start it all over again, give 'em some time guys.
I see it pretty impossible that they won't hire no more because they have new planes joining the fleet as well, so they NEED more CC, but they'll certainly reduce the quantity of Assesment Days and people joining them due to this hard time world's going through.

Look @ this:

“The current economic climate has prompted many airlines (including ourselves) to re-assess business strategy and recruitment needs for the future. As a business it is paramount that we ensure that we match our recruitment policy to our actual and anticipated business requirements to enable us to create the right training and career opportunities for all those who wish to join us. This re-assessment has resulted in a decision to significantly reduce the number of new Cabin Crew we are hiring this year.
[...] We would seek to re-contact you when we have our next course start dates confirmed…”

Isn't that clear enough?? I think it is.

So... for those waiting, don't lose hope. If you make it this far, you're in. And I know all this situation it's just too tough, but be patient, it'll be worth it.

And those going to the Assesment Day, GO FOR IT! :ok:

PD: Don't believe everything you read:= Internet can be a Double-Edged weapon.

wannaworkupthere
7th Feb 2009, 21:38
I know Jessie went to Sydney open day yesterday, please tell us what happened? But remember what I said stay positive don't let things get to you, negativity may prevent you from getting what you want, staying positive means that A) right now you are happier B) if you get the job your dream will come true C) if you don't get the job, it's not your destiny and you'll be fine cos your strong and worrying doesn't help you! Good luck everyone, there are many people in the world less fortunate than you so just be greatful for what you do have and you'll attract more abundance into your life!!

leaviateur
7th Feb 2009, 22:22
romell : I strongly agree with you. If they're recruiting in the USA, everyone will sue them by now and they seriously will be facing some legal action....and Emirates will lose a million dollars....However, I think all of us here have the damn right to sue them now, don't you think?

I am speechless and feel sorry for who got that stupid email, and now anything could happen to all of us here. I'm so scared now even I got the "final approval" already. My DOJ is Feb 27th and I will not say "I make it" until I'll get the ticket and visa; I wish Emirates will keep me and keep hiring everyone, Please, Please, Please....

I would cry so hard and go crazy if I get that email.....As a matter of fact, this is extremely rude, and very unprofessional. People invest a lot of money to work here and now they turn them down with nothing in return. I understand about the economic crisis and their situations, but don't they think about us before making a decision at all???.......and now they're still recruiting more cabin crew out there, WTF!!!!!

I'd already got my final approval and my DOJ is Feb 27th but....Am I safe to join?, Am I secure?..I really don't know about my future right now!!!!

I've already quit my job, I've been gone too far, and I just can't afford to go back now.....Oh, My Life is now depending on 1 stupid email!!!!!!!:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Some people here writes a lot of stuff before even think about what they're talking about.

It'll be a great waste of time and (most important) money for all those who start legal actions against Emirates. They just can do whatever they want with the Assesment Days they're holding just because it's YOUR CHOICE attending to them or not, even before you apply to the position, they let you know that they won't pay anything you need to go through their recruitment. They're not holding a gun directly to your head and all of the sudden they turn out not to hire anybody else, they're just making what's best for them, and eventually for the people they're hiring.
But well sometimes I forgot that in North America it's always better to take the easiest way, blame the other. GOSHH!

If you have you're joining date, then you're in. And if you really think this company is behaving rude... Then why don't you just do the same to them? Call them and say what you think about their policy and leave the position to somebody that may want it more than you do.

I don't think that an "unprofessional" company like Emirates, it's what it is because of this kinda things, I highly doubt it. They're just letting people know through their website & e-mails. There's nothing else they/we can do because WE ARE NOT employees yet.

So, just calm down, and wait 'till you get your tickets before talking like this, because you'll be happily working for them and for me you're having a stupid attitude.

Skywards
7th Feb 2009, 22:37
I think the fact that we are all still waiting to hear from Emirates shows how bad we want it. As does the fact we are so upset that we don't know what's going on.

I think Mikesoffly3000 is meaning that the fact they have withdrawn from a signed contract is unfair. And yes they are to blame, we made the decision to apply and they made the decision the hire us (via written contract). To me that is their commitment to employ us, and they are to blame if they withdraw from that commitment.

I don't think it's fair to say such harsh things to Mikeoffly3000. You are entitled to your opinion as is everyone else on this forum. But there is no need for insults.

leaviateur
7th Feb 2009, 22:43
Maybe those people with withdrawn "contract" didn't read the "contract" that well....

Emirates won't take a risk like that just because. You don't sign any contract UNTIL you're in Dubai. So check out what you understand by contract. What you sign in the interview are the company's policies and stuff... Otherwise, they're already employees and the should be receiving their salaries, but obviuosly, that's not happening.

I'm sorry if I'm being a bit rude, but this is how it works, complaining is useless since it won't take you anywhere.

And yes, you are right ther is no need to insult, and I didn't. I just said that his "attitude" was stupid. That's it.

dxb_ fido
7th Feb 2009, 23:32
It's confirmed, Emirates is going to withdraw all the offers and cancel all their air plains orders.

Relax guys, I have no idea what I'm talking about, it was a funny joke wasn't it ? of course it was not, I was just showing you my dear friends how a simple comment on this thread could ruin your day or get you a heart attack and it could be just a stupid idea in a day dreamers mind like mine.

So let's just expect the worst and hope for the best. My self I'm gonna start job hunting tomorrow, I can't even get any sleep :} it's 4:30 AM and I am drinking coffee and smoking my head off.

This thread although it's helpful and you get to know great people like you guys, but it's stressing the hell out of me.

It was raining in Dubai today, and in our culture rain means good news

Peace out,

Fido

Dubai Bound
8th Feb 2009, 00:05
That was such a dick move......
I got such a good laugh out of it when I scrolled down. Damn my heart dropped..
It's good to get a laugh for once in the past couple days!!!

Skywards
8th Feb 2009, 00:08
Sorry I should have referred to it as a 'letter of offer'....(but in the doc it is even referred to as a contract). To me, whatever it is called it is an agreement/commitment that they should uphold, not saying that they have to uphold it....just hoping they do!;)

Well said Fido...:Dgave me a laugh to!

mikesofly3000
8th Feb 2009, 03:22
Skywards....Thank you for writing your opinion!!! You have explained everything all!!!

Leaviateur....Chillax dude! You can go back and read "Skywards" comment again once more time and you will see what i mean. I was just made a comment on "romell comment" toward my point of view ONLY. I know that I am a bit worried about the situations at this point, but again it's just my "opinion" and it doesn't mean that I am going to sue them tomorrow....relax dude!!!!! If I had a stupid attitude like you said....well, what about your not so-nice attitude? how do you call it? I think, your words just a lil bit harsh as an attacker ....and are you working with EK now? Wow, very impressive! you know so much about everything in this world!!! I think you should work in HR Department...:D:D:D Please, end it up here!!! Sorry to everyone, this message is exclusively for Leaviateur.....

made_in_ukraine
8th Feb 2009, 05:52
Leaviateur, with all my due respect to what you wrote here, there is also such thing as corporate culture and policy. Indeed, in legal terms, most probably, those whose offers have been withdrawn are unlikely to get any decision enforced upon Emirates. I am sure there must be a reference to force major conditions somewhere in the contract (I am not an employee of EK, nor was I offered an offer). And "adverse economic crisis" falls neatly into the force major frame.

That being said, one should also bear in mind that by withdrawing the current offers, Emirates is likely to cause some negative (and let me go as far as saying, "worldwide") impression of a company to work for. Granted, like every enterprise, their main drive is to make money, nothing wrong with this (and because of this, they will pursue policies which are beneficial to them at first place). However, there are certain things which money can't buy; reputation being one of them. No matter how much one has, if one tends to create a negative impression, it will stay along for a significant period of time (after all, people tend to remember bad things longer than good ones).

Let us do pure mathematical calculations:
People whose offers of employment are being withdrawn must have attended their assessment days in November/December. Given that there were around 20 assessments per month, with each assessment selecting on average 8-10 people, we are looking at 400 potential employees. Now, not everybody who went in November/December will (or rather would) be joining Emirates in February. About 30% have already joint in January, 70% will do so in February and March. Those 280 people who have received the "sorry to withdraw our offer" email would not make a big deal in such a huge corporation as Emirates is. Indeed, they will be saving a few thousands of dollars by not employing those 280. But the question is whether the money they would save is really worth given the negative outcry that the company is likely to face. I bet newspapers and journals will gladly address this issue - after all, it is not about "Emirates who does not have money" image but about "Emirates who offered employment to candidates who spent their own money" image. Credibility in reliability of Emirates will shrink drastically. And while passengers may not care that much about these poor 280 guys, the image will still be there...

There have been plenty of warnings for Emirates about its notorious spending with no clear dividends for the company. Moreover, the financial crisis did not start yesterday. Things have been deteriorating since September. A wise business planning done by wise accountants and economists would have calculated what company needed and could afford and thus predict how many of new FAs they can and should employ. And this would subsequently either shrink or enlarge the number of ADs or ODs they would be holding. If a company whose business plan states that money might be an issue still holds recruitment, then it clearly states that something is wrong inside the enterprise.

If the mistake in planning was made, then they should face it and do everything they can so that this mistake does not have any impact on the promises they were supposed to keep.

And as for "stupid" remarks, come on... We are all adults here. And, at least I, would imagine that a certain level of respect is a priori here. After all, one does not have to agree with everyone's opinion here; nonetheless, one should respect it. Would calling someone names follow this logic? A rather rhetorical question, I assume.

PS. Just to add one thing which occurred to me as I was re-reading my post. Take Lufthansa, for instance. They are among very very few airlines who have made profit last year (ca. 1,3bln EUR). They do plan to open some new routes; however, their FAs recruitment has been suspended until late 2010. It is not because they do not need FAs (on the contrary, they are 5-7% understaffed), but because they know (most probably, having done some serious calculations) that despite having recourses at this point, thins may change later (and there is no need to train FAs which does cost money) and then "let them go" because there is no money to pay their salaries. Wise business planning... simple as that!

Skywards
8th Feb 2009, 06:28
^:D:D:D:D:D:D

I think you summed it up perfectly!

tiniviel
8th Feb 2009, 08:18
:))))) This was a shock...then i relief!!
This seems quite logical...thanks made_in _ukraine

dxb_ fido
8th Feb 2009, 08:32
Hi Guys,

I just got off the phone with Emirates New Joiners Department.

I asked them to check the status of my application, and told them I was informed last week that I should check this week.

The lady said that I have to wait for some more time because they are slowing down their recruitment.

I asked if the rumor was right and that Emirates Airlines has stopped recruiting .
The lady told me that they have not stopped recruiting but they are slowing everything down waiting for instructions form higher levels.

Decisions are being cooked now a days I guess and all we can do is sit and wait and of course apply for other jobs JUST IN CASE

Cheers,

Fadi

pinkylicious
8th Feb 2009, 09:52
Guys I guess we should also make an effort to believe in Emirates and give all our support cos they need it during these hard times...

I'm feeling really bad and depressed in this moment and all of us are...
Especially having come sooo far..

But Hope never should die..

As I have understood they are re-assessing and re- evaluating all of our applications (which are recommended for Final Approvals) and trying to "hire" only who, according to them, meet their actual and NECESSARY requirements for the time being..
It's like choosing "The Best" out of all of us but if we all come this far, all of us, I believe, have certain capabilities that they like and need for this job...

I really hope i'm wrong but as a few offers of employment have been withdrawn and since STILL some will be FLYING on their given DOJs, I have come to this conclusion...
It looks as if we are still being recruited after even doing our medicals and all...

Plus I have come to the conclusion that they are anyway gona host Open days in countries like Aussie and I guess I saw even Greece and Serbia, and I believe that Ek has chosen Aussie to be an A380 destination and hence they are gonna recruit CC from Aussie...

If anyone else has their own point of view, I would like to read a few of your comments about what I'm saying..

Anyways the HR office can't do anything until they get the "Orders" from their Superiors...
If their Superiors say" Withdraw all Offer of Employments" then that's what they will have to do but I wanna remain positive, cos they need US.. cos CC are the backbone of any successful airline...

Anyways I'm waiting for news from Airboy cos he is the one who can confirm these rumours as he said he's gonna investigate..

Fingers crossed for all of us!!!!

nrcrowth
8th Feb 2009, 10:19
I like your reply pinkylicious-i hope your right!
gotta stay hopefull!

pinkylicious
8th Feb 2009, 10:28
I'm among the march people too...

I wish I was already 21 when i applied last year in july, would have already been with my other fellow batch mates!!

Let's Hope and be patient and Wait..

leaviateur
8th Feb 2009, 12:43
I didn't mean to offend anybody in here... And I apologize to mike. And what made in ukraine said it's certainly true.
It's just that I know that this situatin is affecting us all, and some comments just makes us feel even more desperate. And mike, you already have your DOJ man, you are in!!!! so I find it ridiculous to speak like that of a company that will hire you, anyways, it's your opinion, and I apologize if you felt insulted.

I got some question 4 you guys!
1. Who were the ones that had their contract withdrawn?
2. Did you receive an e-mail? Can you post it here?

Thanx

made_in_ukraine
8th Feb 2009, 13:22
I know of two people who were supposed to join on February 13th and 20th. One of them received the email a few days ago; while a friend of mine who was supposed to leave on 20th received the letter on Saturday (7th of February). I can't paste the correspondence not addressed to me, but the overall tone of the message was "we are having tough times due to the financial crisis, so at this point we put you on hold." What was not clear was whether being on hold would mean that once EK recovers from its current condition, those presently on hold will be automatically re-invited to join or whether they would have to undergo through the whole process again.

One thing is clear - any medical results which are beyond 6 months will not be accepted as valid. I think, this is not only EK policy but also the requirement of the IATA. So, I would imagine that those who have submitted their results and are on hold, if contacted 6 months afterwards, may have to undergo through yet another set of checks (which, to my opinion, should be covered partially, if not full, by EK).

made_in_ukraine
8th Feb 2009, 14:56
Hey Lia, if I may use the text from your email...

I wonder what they mean by this "Please note that the withdrawal of this offer of employment does not prevent you from applying for employment with us again in the future and, indeed, we would seek to re-contact you when we have our next course start dates confirmed to determine if you are still interested in a career as a Cabin Crew in our airline at that time."
Does it mean that they will contact a person to invite him/her to reapply for the position, or to finalize the offer of employment.

If Emirates decided to withdraw the offers of employment, I wonder whether it was such a big difficulty for their HR department to create an email which would not cause any confusion whatsoever. Something like "we put you on hold until the situation improves and once we start hiring again, your offer of employment will become valid again" or "we withdraw our offer, however invite you to reapply for our positions in future"... Instead, according to Lia's e-mail, it is a mix of two - go figure...

PS. There is a discussion on another forum about EK's FAs. According to some people, recruitment should come back to its normal after the end of Q1:
EK Stops Hiring Cabin Crew — Civil Aviation Forum | Airliners.net (http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/4310313/)

made_in_ukraine
8th Feb 2009, 16:44
Had the same idea crossing my mind, too. For some reason, my confidence in Emirates is dwindling. Is it so difficult to employ HR that is capable to effectively address company's concerns at time like this professionally? Hmm.....

tiniviel
8th Feb 2009, 17:37
Lets just try to get some inside info... reading this forum last couple of days gave me nothing but stress... we all have same problem and I see only one solution to this problem
to sit and wait for special mail. Thats it... I send e-mail to a friend working there in Emirates and I hope he will get some info for me. The biggest problem here with all us is that we are helpless... let's just wait.... and go on with our lives like we never applied for this job...
who is unemployed can start looking for job, who is student like me...should study...
time will pass quicker and sooner or later they will let us know are we going or not.
We all knew costs of medical we have to pay... we payed... we all knew we will have to wait... so lets wait...
If they turn us down... there is nothing we can do really... we cant fight Emirates... not invidialy anyway

P.S. My friend just told me main reason for all this is that new planes are not coming on time... so.... he will let me know more info when he finds out

leemarlon
9th Feb 2009, 08:02
Dear all,
Just came back from my flight and heard some news from our flight purser and yet this can sound quite dissapointed but is truth which we should accept it at this point.

1. No bonus for this year, revenue dropped significantly :eek:
2. Recruitment has stopped all their planned open days and assessment days until further notice. :\
3. Cabin Crew Upgrade opportunities have been delayed. :( (it's my face...)
4. Cost and budgeting cut will be assumed to pass through the global financial downturn.
5. Some routes have been either cancelled or reduced its weekly or daily frequency, such as Nagoya will stop at the end of March, Johanesburg has only 2 daily flights instead of 3 (the afternoon one will be eventually 4 times a week, and later may be cancelled).

Above are some concret and realistic points from our senior people after their meeting with management, not to scare of but bare in mind that the we have been affected by the financial crisis, as a result, our company will re-plan and re-assure departmental and organisational policies by making sure every path has put at the right place.

Best wishes for all those who want to join us, let's hope the bad time will pass quickly so we can see you all on line! :D

Focus on what you are doing now, dont be panicing! It is time for those who had received the DOJ been delayed undefinitely email or call to rethink your near future, please dont be bothered to find a job before being notified by recruitment department. Thanks for all your understanding. Best of lucks for everyone! :ok:

Callmachine
9th Feb 2009, 08:43
Hey Guys, I attended the Sydney open day on Saturday and thought I would share what we were advised. Basically the recruitment officer advised that due to both the economic slow down and the number of campaigns they have run over the last 6-12 months they would be pausing recruitment for the time being. This is the reason that pretty much all of the open days have been postponed and she advised that would have cancelled the sydney event also but that it was decided too close to the day and that as the invites had already been sent they would 'do the right thing' and the run the day as a CV collection only with just one recruiter.

It was a long day, I arrived a bit before 9 and didn't leave until 4.30! The poor thing did a great job considering she was there on her own and had to interview approx 250 people. She was still smiling when it was my turn, took the time to have a chat which didn't feel rushed and was a great representation of the company and that makes me even more determined to be succesful one day! She was obviously really passionate about the company. She advised that they would be running things differently this time and that those candidates who were shortlisted would receive an email by the end of february advising this and inviting them to attend an assessment rather than open day on a date to be determined. She advised this may be up to 3 months time! I also spoke to my mate deon85 over the weekend who is in his second week of training and also told me their hearing around the college that recruitment/training may be suspended for 3 months.

Fingers crossed it won't be too long and I'm really sorry to hear about the people receiving that dreaded email. I couldn't begin to imagine how you must feel...

David

pinkylicious
9th Feb 2009, 09:39
I just burst into tears...I can't take this no more....

I have never in my life gone under such stress only for a job and it says how much i care to work with EK..

This is too much..so it means we are all destined to get that horrible email.....
Tried to remain positive all this time that in some way things may work out but looks like there's no solution....

I don't feel like checking my mail for this whole terrible year 2009...
and i feel i won't be able to fly with emirates as a passenger ever again as my heart feels broken..

I'm sorry guys, I know I'm putting u all into despair...
Can't help it...:uhoh::sad:

wannaworkupthere
9th Feb 2009, 09:45
Does anyone know what those of us who have recently got through to final interviews can expect? (mine was 4 weeks today, so I'm still within the 2-6 week period that I was informed I would receive a reply either way) My group literally just went through a week or two before all this 'trouble' really began to come to light. Does anyone have an idea of what's in store for us? I'm in touch with a great gal from my group ( I found her on here) and I don't think she's received word either. Is it likely they are holding off because of limited course dates, accomodation etc? I'm staying positive till the very end, but ofcourse I'm dying of curiosity!

tiniviel
9th Feb 2009, 09:51
I feel the same. I went to open day in Belgrade in December I didnt have hope... I just went to see... I made it to the final interview...
I went home and didnt expect the call from Dubai... I got the call...
I signed the offer but still didnt had hope before my medical reports...
I did my medical reports with were good, and then I started to hope... every day passes I want this job more and more...
I dont mind waiting for 7 months.... I dont mind if they postpotned me for a year... Ill redo the medicals... I dont mind that...
I just dont want them to withdraw their offer of employment and to make me go to another assesment day.
That I have issue with! Me too I cried... cause I want this job badly. I try to be positive, my friends hope and pray for me... cause I can't do it anymore...
I cant even study to finish my exams

norbu_boi
9th Feb 2009, 10:37
Hey guys,

My DOJ was on the 13th of Feb, but they changed it to the 20th and then I got an email from EK saying that I will receive my ticket and visa very shortly ( that was a week ago, and nothing yet ).
Is that comforting news ? or I might get the withdrawal aswel very shortly?

Cheers

Skywards
9th Feb 2009, 20:57
It really is so upsetting, I'm so glad to have found this forum to share in all this with you guys! We have all made changes in our lives because of their offer, so for them to withdraw it is disgusting....but you know what is worse-they haven't even withdrawn our offers yet! We are all sitting around in the dark with not a clue of what is going on. I'm meant to leave in 3 weeks, and other people sooner, and haven't even been approved yet.

If they are going to cancel our offers then they should do it already, to leave us hanging like this is torture, very cruel indeed. They put all these limitations on us, like have the medicals back within 2 weeks, and after trying to contact them for over a month now, they don't have an answer for us! Give us an answer already, clearly this is hurting a lot of people, and dragging it out only makes it worse!

Be strong guys...;)

agungOMA
9th Feb 2009, 23:44
Hi guyss...

First of all, I'm so sorry to read all the posts in several weeks..get post poned, withdrawed..Fell terriblly sorry about all that guys, i can imagine if i were in ur position since like all of us here, i do want this job sooo badly..BUT we have to face the reality, this f**kin' economic global crisis had impact in every sector all around the world...

I guess all we can do rite now is GO ON WITH OUR LIFE, and hope ALL THE BEST LUCK in the world for our lovely EK so it will recover soon therefore they will start to conduct the Open Day again ....n we could march together to the open days and try our luck whuehehehehe..

I believe in Emirates that they will overcome this crisis very soon..c'mon guys this is EK that we're talking about..one of the best airlines in the world...Have FAITH!!!!!!!!!!

Take care all n ALL THE BEST FOR EMIRATES!!!!!!!:D

ajohnstone
10th Feb 2009, 00:01
Hi, im new to this site....im from Aus, and had my open day for emirates recruitment on saturday the 3rd of Jan, made it to the final stages, had my final one on one interview the 4th Jan. 2 weeks ago i recieved a image and uniform requirements form that i returned back to emirates, and we heard from the final 18 who got through to interviews, we heard some recieved their rejection email. I havent as yet, and sunday just gone has been the 4 weeks wait.
Does anybody know if people who did interviews in jan have any luck? Do you think i should call emirates? Has anyone who is still waiting to see whether they have even got through like me called to see what is going on?

I dont want to loose hope, i guess no news is good news at the moment. Hearing people who had got through to medical stage and got rejected dosent sound promising for me. However i will not get down until i hear from them.

ccARG
10th Feb 2009, 02:00
ajohnstone, I'm pretty much in the same situation as you are, only that I had my one-on-one final interview last November 25th (yes, November 2008). I only heard from Emirates about 4 weeks ago when they emailed me asking me to switch my Annual Leave Destination. After reading this thread for 2 days already, I'm starting to get my expectations low. But like you said, given the circumstances, no news is good news apparently. I have been trying to phone Emirates, but I'm out of luck, busy all the time. Not sure what to do.

dxb_ fido
10th Feb 2009, 03:02
well well :D

I got my email := it's a NO for me ... what I understood ( :rolleyes: or what I want to convince my self they meant) from the email is that I was approved but because of the current situation I am not to join them, because it says :

We wish to point out that this is no reflection of you as a candidate as you did demonstrate potential through our process. Your not being successful at this time is the result of us having to select a finite number of people from a large pool of high quality candidates to meet our current aircraft crewing requirements.

We do thank you for your interest and the enthusiasm you have shown and we would welcome a reapplication from you in the future. Our team will look to make contact with you in approximately six to nine months time to see if you would like to reapply to join our international Cabin Crew team.

Cause they mentioned that they might make contact within 6 to 9 months and as far as I know if you get rejected after the final interview, you can only apply after at least one year time.

Or maybe this is the typical rejection letter ?? I donno

Dam you financial crisis :ugh: it was nice chatting with all of you guys .. I will keep an eye on the forum.

Peace & Love

Fadi

jes553
10th Feb 2009, 03:06
hi there i'm jessi i was also at the sat interview in sydney on the 7th feb i was in your group, i too missed the first group and had to wait all day even though i was there early, i'm trying to see if i no who u r but yeah best of luck with it, thanks jessi

jes553
10th Feb 2009, 03:23
Hey Guys, i just thought to clear up some things with the cancelation of open days. i attended the open day in Sydney on the 7th feb and Basically the recruitment lady told us all that due to both the economic cricis and the number of campaigns they have run over the last few months they would be putting on hold recruitment for the time being. She advised they would have also cancelled the sydney event but it was too close to the date so they tried to do the right thing and the run the day as a CV collection only with just one recruiter and they would then take our resumes back to emirates and make a decision as to who would go on to the assessment day.

It was a VERY long day, I arrived at 8:15 and didn't leave until about 4.10. there was approx 250 people throughout the day and there were two groups of us the first going in at 9 and came out around 12 ish then we went in and sat while the lady went through the last of group 1's CV'S.. It was funny because some ppl pushed in to group 1 and didn't here what the lady had to say about the changes so they prob think they missed out lol because they didint recieve a call that day! she also told us to write our e-mail down just incase as well so they should of stayed and listened to the correct information. She advised that they would be running things differently this time and that those candidates who were shortlisted would receive an email no latter then the end of feburary this would then invite them to attend an assessment day. She advised this may be up to 16weeks. well i hope this helps some ppl and thamks for all your help, good luck to everyone xox

ajohnstone
10th Feb 2009, 03:32
Yeah Fido i just got my email, its a no for me aswell......THIS SUCKS. Good luck to others....This recession thing is really sad...not fair.

Skywards
10th Feb 2009, 04:01
Fadi and ajohnstone, I'm so sorry to hear your news!:sad:

When I was reading I honestly got such a sick feeling in my stomach...I'm so concerned, I checked my email and nothing yet-which at this point seems like a good sign....but who know's?

So having a look at what everyone has said it seems that they may hold some courses, but they have gone through and done a re-selection of the candidates they have already offered a position to....

Good luck for the future fadi, do you think if they contact you, you will try again?

Skyline88
10th Feb 2009, 05:19
I guess the same thing goes for me, just got the No email as well...In my email they said that they had to pick the very best from their selection. I was just thinking, we reaching to the final, arent we already the best? hahahaha, anyways i wish the best of luck to all the guys and gurls that are waiting to be contacted! Till the next time, take care everybody!!

grantlu
10th Feb 2009, 06:18
Today is the 5th week after my final interview in Taiwan.

Here is the letter I have received from EK today....

Thank you for your application and the time you have given to attend the various elements of our assessment process for the position of Cabin Crew with Emirates Airline. Our team has carefully reviewed your candidature and considered your background and demonstrated competencies through our recruitment process. Regrettably we must inform you that on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.

We wish to point out that this is no reflection of you as a candidate as you did demonstrate potential through our process. Your not being successful at this time is the result of us having to select a finite number of people from a large pool of high quality candidates to meet our current aircraft crewing requirements.

We do thank you for your interest and the enthusiasm you have shown and we would welcome a reapplication from you in the future. Our team will look to make contact with you in approximately six to nine months time to see if you would like to reapply to join our international Cabin Crew team.

In the interim, we wish you every success in 2009 and we thank you for your interest in obtaining a career with Emirates Airline.

wanttoflyhigh
10th Feb 2009, 09:46
well... its the same for me! just receied the no email today! I think its a general one they send out, caus mine says the same... that they will try to re-contact me in 6 to 9 months... sucks!!!!

midoy10
10th Feb 2009, 10:00
it is over emirates airlines stop all process just for this serious moment and they will focus to arrange the hall company :E

i am so angry about many people withdraw including me :ugh:but we have to return to our present job (receptionist...) haha and stay optimstic for change in futur time :bored:

any one have suggestion :ok:

flying away
10th Feb 2009, 10:04
hi all
how are you? I know that all of you fell very bad and i just wanna say i am so sorry for all of you who got the email i mean this is really aweful I do not know even what to say i hope that the others who still waiting for an answer from emirates will hear something good inchalah and keep hoping this is the only thing that we can do

see you

wish_2_fly
10th Feb 2009, 10:18
Hey Everyone,

It is shocking what is going on!! What annoys me is that they havent made an official statement yet!! It's obvious that it is causing problems.

Has anyone had their contract withdrawn after the final approval?? Im pretty sure they cant do it once they have given the final approval but I just wanted to know if they had?

I think its unfair that they havent put you guys on the backburner until more spots come up.....people leave.....have babies.....get promotions......so they still need some people....Its unfair to have you guys apply all over again and pay for medicals!!

Shocking....thats all I can say!!

tiniviel
10th Feb 2009, 10:23
Expect the worst, and hope for the best...
there is nothing we can do

JennyD
10th Feb 2009, 10:28
Hey Guys, we live in Victoria Australia 10km from the bushfires, we listen to the helilcopters everyday pass our house, picking up the injured, the dead and carrying water to try to save some of the houses, we have lost 750 house, 183 confirmed dead countless others in critical condition, lifes will never be the same again.

I sit in my house feeling guilty for my comfort and wondering why I was so stressed about getting a job with emirates 2 wks ago.

We have our health our family and friends, please try to focus on what we have not what we want.

Everyone will look back and think why did I freak out so much, what is happening in my life now is so good...

Jenny

Dubai Bound
10th Feb 2009, 13:05
I urge anyone waiting... write to your countries most popular newspapers and magazines throughout the world. We need a public statement. This is just not right. I am supposed to leave in three weeks and I refuse to wait till one week before to get a lousy automated email.....:mad:

Is it just me or does EK
make anyone else
feel like this :ok::):bored::confused::uhoh::ugh::ok::confused::=:*:mad:

aphelio
10th Feb 2009, 14:14
Guys and girls..
if you really love this job and your dignity of human being...forget about Emirates.

they will suck your young blood and all your energetic strenght that you have now in exchange of low salary (for dollar and euro´s holders), sleeping problems and endless-overtiring services pleasing overdemanding-choosy passengers (most of their destinations).

I know they look glamourous, but after two months, glamour...it´s gone,
Don´t let them decieve you, with those pompous open days, life&job with them is hard and tough..no glamorous at all.

I repeat, if you love your health and freshness...choose any other company.

Pd. even though emirates is, among the gulf airlines, the less harmful one...
any query, consult an exemiratee!:ok:

ccARG
10th Feb 2009, 14:31
I just got my rejection email last night. Well, let's keep on with our normal lives the best we can.
Best wishes to everyone here!
Carlos

tiniviel
10th Feb 2009, 15:08
I went to emiratescareers.com on global assessment days and yesterday they were list of countries they were regruiting...everywhere was postponed cept recruitment in UAE and today when I went there to check it out... everything was cancelled... even UAE recruitment...

so... things are NOT NOT good...

pinkylicious
10th Feb 2009, 16:53
they informed me that my HR Coordinator was on vacation and they tried transferring me continuously to another lady in charge but she did not answer the phone, always getting transferred to the answering machine...
The receptionist said that I would be notified by email...
and I asked if it was true that Emirates has stopped recruitment.. she acted all normal and said that only Ground crew was not being selected...
so I just hung up...

I'm not gonna call...I will wait and see what they are gonna do...
I still didnt receive that DREADED mail but I guess I still have time until 13 march to get it cos I'm expecting it I guess...

Plus in a previous post of mine, I did write about this "re-selection" of potiential candidates out of all of us here...
So everything depends on what capabillities they actually NEED at the moment..

If anyone here has a Doctor's or Nurse's Degree or experience as a military officer they won't hesitate to take u guys:}
Also there are many languages on demand such as Hindi, Arabic, Chinese, Mandarin ecc..
In my case I know perfect Italian, Sinhalese and English..
And I got only my cute face haha!!:}

But hey, this is not a modeling contest:O:=

(I hope the ladies on this forum are not mad at my comment!)

Skyline88
10th Feb 2009, 17:08
Just like grantlu, i myself got that same email, what i would like to know, better said wanting to clear my very very confused mind at this moment is the part where they said they would contact us in 6-9 months time, cause i dnt mind waiting 1 year, but can they keep their word that they will contact us? Because im stuck now in between 2 decision, either i can continue my studies or work and get more experience. I know alot of people will say better study, but at the end this is what i want! But im scared that they wont live up to their promises. The part where they say this "Our team will look to make contact with you in approximately six to nine months time to see if you would like to reapply to join our international Cabin Crew team" sounds very convinsing. And right before that they say this " We do thank you for your interest and the enthusiasm you have shown and we would welcome a reapplication from you in the future". I dnt get it man? Any advice fellow frens?

flygirl28
10th Feb 2009, 18:42
Took me two attempts to get in, advanced to purser and cabin crew trainer.....if you really want the job, stick with it. Think about where you went wrong in the interview and how you could of answered the questions they asked differently. Learn from your mistakes.

On the same subject tho, dont be too disheartened. It seems that EK have stopped recruitment at the moment, so even if you had been successful the chances of you ending up in Dubai at this time are fairly remote. Take their advice, go back to what you were doing and reapply. By the time you do this, recruitment may of started again.

Good luck to all

10th Feb 2009, 19:06
Hello to everyone,

I am calling to Emirates because I want to ask about my joining situation but I can not talk to a human being, could you tell me what is what I have to say in order to get through?

Thank you in advance.

apierre09
10th Feb 2009, 23:12
Hey Mike,

My DOJ is Feb 27th, we've chatted several times before on Indeed, I'd rather not say my name etc on here..

I haven't received my e-ticket or visa. I sent my medicals a week ago, and only received this (as many others have as well) :

We have received your scanned reports. Please note that we are in the process of reviewing our courses and shall revert back to you with respect to your application status. Additionally, we shall update you regarding your Date of Joining. Kindly note that you are requested NOT to resign from your current job unless notified to do so.
Thanks & Regards
CC Recruitment Admin Team

Still waiting..

How many with DOJ of the 27th have sent medicals and are awaiting Etickets and Visas?
And how many with DOJ of the 27th have received a "cancellation" email?

grantlu
11th Feb 2009, 00:28
Dear mikesofly3000,

As I know a girl from Taiwan who attended the final in on Oct 2008 and the DOJ is 6 Feb. She did left Taiwan and join the EK this week.

But there are few girls scheduled to leave on Feb and Mar.. the status is "unknown".

Those who have attended the final in on early Jan 2009 have all received the no letter yesterday at the same time.

I assume more than serveal hundreds of people who are waiting for final in result have received the same letter as well.

The recruitment schedule on EK website has been closed down and I gues the best way for all of us is move on!

Skywards
11th Feb 2009, 00:44
Hi apierre09,

I have a DOJ of the week after, and have sent my medicals off and am awaiting approval. I got the same email as you when I emailed them enquiring about the progress.

I think you don't get your e-ticket until 4 days before leaving....but you would hope that you get your approval well before then.

Callmachine
11th Feb 2009, 03:17
Hi Jessi, Sat was a long day wasn't it! I was the guy in the pin strip suit, light blue shirt and tie and light brown hair. I was hanging out with a Chinese girl called Maureen who I met on the day. What were you wearing? Did you fly down from BNE for the day? Such a shame as it looks like we'll be waiting for awhile! Let me know if you hear anything! David

apierre09
11th Feb 2009, 06:12
Amanda,

Are you going to try contacting them about your eticket/visa? My DOJ is the 27th as well, and I havent heard anything.

I sent all my medicals minus my completed vaccines because they arent complete yet, but will be by the time I leave- I wonder if this will cause to be a problem.. ?

Keep in touch.

Amanda25
11th Feb 2009, 06:27
Apierre

Good to see you here. Hope we can join together. I am not going to contact them at this moment, coz some of my friends recieved their eticket/visa as late as 4 days before their departure. as my DOJ is 2/27, i'll wait till 2/23 and see. i will keep my finger cross and waiting for the final briefing email and eticket/visa for now.

As for your medical, maybe you should contact them. since our situation is quite different. I have already sent my medical last October and have got my medical final approval about a month ago. :O

Keep in touch.

Amanda

wannaworkupthere
11th Feb 2009, 07:18
I was about to reply to you saying I'm in the same boat as you, final interview was January 12th one month from last Monday and then I saw your other msg saying you got the no email. I'm sorry for you, this sucks hey? Would you mind sharing with us what the email said, so as to help others who may still be waiting? Cheers, good luck for the future!

Sheenab1983
11th Feb 2009, 08:19
Im just after getting the 'Thanks but no thanks e mail' in standard format that has already been posted. No reflection on you as a candidate, due to economic downturn blah blah... Feel free to apply in the future or we may contact you in 6 to 9 months to see if you are still interested.

Gutting after setting your heart on something, then waiting 12 weeks only to be given that ****ty e mail. I dont know why they had to keep everyone hanging on for so long, its simply not fair to do that.

instantw
11th Feb 2009, 11:16
Hi guys,

My EK DOJ is 13of Feb 09
I received the Ticket and Visa about a week ago !

Flying from london, is there anyone else ?

Good luck everyone

W

wish_2_fly
11th Feb 2009, 12:09
Hey,

Dont worry....if you check the details in your medicals they say you dont have to complete your vaccines.....you can have them done in Dubai at a cost. Im having my yellow fever and meningoccal in Dubai.

Regarding visa and tickets....you wont get them until within 4 days of travel...Ive heard people not receiving them until the day before. Dont worry....I think as long as you have your final approval and been given the ok to quit your current job you should be all good.

Im due to go on the 20th and I havent recevied my ticket yet!!

Come on guys lighten up!! You are all stress heads!!!

andrewfly
11th Feb 2009, 12:29
I've been watching this forum for quite long time. You're fantastic people i hope you all get you dream job eventually, despite the economic crisis.

I am positive and still waiting for my golden call;)

Good luck to everyone:ok:

p.s can you please add up some positive informations as well? Cause there must be some:ugh: Who got the golden call recently?

nora2121
11th Feb 2009, 14:33
Hello guys I am new in the forum I read that the recruitement by emirates airlines was cancelled and I checked the website Emirates Recruitment (http://www.emiratescareers.com) and it's kind of true because all the assisment and open days were cancelled, but the thing is I just got a phone call from them giving me appointement in 2 days friday 13th, it's weired because I thought they really stopped recruitements. Actually I am from Morocco and I applied online for the cabin crew like 3 weeks ago and I totally forgot about it.

I am so so so anxious abotu the interview because I am so sure I have no chance because I am kind of small 158 cm looool and I speak arabic French and English so I am just gonna go there show up and get a NO and came back home. Anyways I just wanna say good luck for everybody elese and god bless

MadRookie
11th Feb 2009, 17:33
Hi All:

My daughter has also gone through the recruitment process & her DOJ was moved from 20 Feruary 2009 to 27 February 2009.

The following is the last e-mail received from Emirates....

To: XXXXXXXX
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 12:15 PM
Subject: FINAL APPROVAL - 27.02.09

Dear XXXXXXX
We are pleased to inform you that we have obtained the final approval on your application. For this reason, you may now tender your resignation so that you can join the organization as early as possible. Once done, kindly scan and email us a copy of your resignation acceptance from your present employer.

You shall receive the final briefing email along with the visa/ticket 4 days before the traveling date; please check your email frequently. You will be able to travel with the print out of the visa and ticket (E-ticket).

Please note that you are allowed to carry 50 kgs on Emirates Airline, please make sure that any suitcase you have shouldn’t exceed 32 kg.
Note: You will not be allowed to join without providing us with the Resignation acceptance letter.
If you have any further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact us. Welcome on board.
Date Of Joining- 27th February 2009 – please advise if you cannot join on that date.
You may be required to travel a day or 2 prior to the DOJ mentioned above depending on the availability of flights.
Best wishes.
Thanks & Regards,
Cabin Crew Recruitment Admin Team

Sooooo..... heads up & have faith & good luck to you all :)

PS: Will keep you posted if & when the final e-mail with e-tickets etc land :)

andrewfly
11th Feb 2009, 18:28
Do you know guys if there are any courses held in march or april?

nrcrowth
11th Feb 2009, 19:14
just received withdrawel email after paying and completing medicals- email said theyll let me know when they get new start dates

does anyone know how long start dates could take? and
whether my medicals will still be valid?

cheers xxx:ok:

Leticc
11th Feb 2009, 19:17
Hello all! It´s the same situation here in Argentina, I had my final interview on November 18th (yes!!) Well it´s been 11 weeks from that and I still have not the results of that final interview.
I only got an e-mail saying that they are re-organizing the courses, and that they will contact me when they finish.
2 people from the same interview got a no letter last week...

I know everyone is very dissappointed and scared but let´s have faith!!

I hope to hear good news from all of you very soon :)
Good luck!!!:ok:

tyguybye
11th Feb 2009, 20:36
I had read on another forum that EK had ceased CC recruitment for the time being and was canceling open days, hopefully it is just a bad rumour and I wish you all luck.

Skywards
11th Feb 2009, 21:07
It's so good to finally hear some good news from people (instantw, wish_to_fly, MadRookie)! People are getting their tickets and actually going, which is fantastic!

On the other hand nrcrowth, that is terrible news for you.:( I certainly can't see any pattern in the way they are accepting/rejecting people. At first I thought maybe the people with Feb DOJ will get through and the March people are still waiting...but from what I remember you DOJ was in Feb?

Finger's crossed for the March starters, actually fingers crossed for everyone!;)

apierre09
11th Feb 2009, 21:47
Mike,

Is your eticket and visa on the way?

ccARG
11th Feb 2009, 21:50
Hi Leti, I hope you're OK by this time.
Let me tell you a bit about my situation: I had my global assesment on Nov 22 2008 and my final interview on Nov 25 2008. A few weeks ago I received an email from my recruiter requesting me to re-send the pending documents in my file - photos, in my case - which I did. Apparently, the original photos were never received by them. A week later they emailed me asking me if I agreed to have my Annual Leave Destination switched from Cordoba to Buenos Aires. I just received that rejection email 2 days ago. A friend of mine is still waiting for a reply, and it's been like 11 weeks also. I just found out in the Emirates website that all open days and assessment days have been cancelled, including the one in Mar del Plata, which was one of the only few still up.
My email is the one saying that due to current crew needs, they will have to decline my application and that they "will contact me in 6-9 months time" to ask me if I still would like to be part of the company and they invite me to re-apply later.
I'm still trying to get over it. To be honest with you, I wanted the job soooooo bad, I even started making plans, postponing other things here, etc, only to be told this piece of bad news. But at least I was not notified about the job offer withdrawal 1 week before my DOJ, like some people here. Those guys and girls I'm REALLY sorry for :(
Where did you have your final interview? Where are you from?
Take care and good luck!

nrcrowth
11th Feb 2009, 22:05
After my email I believe that everyone waiting for final yes after medicals will get the same withdrawel email- stating that wen new start dates r ready they will be in contact- as i understand it when they have set dates Im goin to be contacted!:)
they r not going to not recruit feb doj and recruit march doj! as they have just postponed the feb doj- i believe for 6-9 months! so the feb doj would be before the march doj!

of course i may be completely wrong im just trying to make myself feel better!

p.s. :ugh: :confused::p

Skywards
12th Feb 2009, 00:10
I see your point nrcrowth, but I don't get why they cancelled yours but are still going ahead with the one on Feb 27th? Feb 27th comes after yours!:confused: So confusing!

So I'm still holding onto the tiny little bit of hope that they may have one in March that they invite me to!

Leticc
12th Feb 2009, 00:49
From Arabian bussines.com
Emirates A380 won't fly until Sept 12
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/530285-emirates-a380-flights-suspended-until-sept-12 (http://www.arabianbusiness.com/530285-emirates-a380-flights-suspended-until-sept-12)

RE: Same in Argentina
CCArg: I´m very sorry to hear those news, it is very hard, it was too good to be truth!
I had my Open day in Mar del Plata- October the 20h- I think- and my assessment on November the 16th, also in Mar del Plata... I´m from Buenos Aires. I´m freaking-out right now, I also want this job so much, but I would be happy to have an answer (yes or no) and to know what to expect to organize my life in the future.
Good luck!!!

RE: Good news
:ok::ok::ok: YEAH!!!

ajohnstone
12th Feb 2009, 00:53
Ok...so i got my rejection email this week...but i spoke to my friend who has recently stopped working for emirates but still has friends who are over there. Ive been told the following by him -

Pretty much all recruitment is slowing down / stopping to take new comers on till around june/july ish if things get better with the recession. He also said some of the cabin crew are having to take unpaid annual leave as the flights are only being filled half full and they arent making enough money. They have cancelled alot of flight routes for that exact reason as the flights arent filling up at the moment. I think all of us who got the email had all the right requirements, its just bad timing thats all.

Hopefully come 6 months down the track when we all get contacted again....things will be better and we can get over there. For the people who are still waiting on a reply, just have faith, you attract into your life what you hold in your mind, if you stress yourself out thinking you arent going to get the job, then you wont...just hold high spirits and i wish you the best of luck.

lewie
12th Feb 2009, 00:54
Im sorry that you got the no email nrcrowth, and i understand where you are coming from.

I just want to point out that what you say is not correct. If you look back over the forum there are indeed some people with DOJ's on the 20th and now 27th that have final approval. Not everyone got cancelled. There were quite a few who had thier Feb 13 DOJ pushed back to the 20th too.

I would also like to point out that the people who have a DOJ on the 27th of Feb will actually be starting thier training in March a week after. I think this is a promising thing for those of us who have March DOJ's and are still waiting....there are rumors around abuot them cancelling all march courses but if they are starting one on about the 6th hopefully there will be others starting in march.

I realise that the chances do not look good, but im with skywards on this one....still holding on to a bit of hope. Im sure some of us with march joining dates will be among the unlucky ones but I think if they had already made the decsion to cancel all training then there is absolutly no reason that we would not have got the emails already. When I called earlier in the week i was told by the administrator that they were waiting on a managment decsion as to wether they have courses starting in march or not. Until we get the email there is still hope guys..so chins up. best to plan for the worst but hope for the best!!

east coast girl
12th Feb 2009, 02:36
hey guys,
i went to the feb 7 assessment day in new york, probably the last one that was actually held. they picked about 7 people out of fifty and told us that they would call us for the final interview in 4-6 months. so i assume that in 6 months they may start hiring again. :):bored: hopefuly.

jes553
12th Feb 2009, 03:36
hay i was the one wearing the beige suit everyone thought i worked for Emirates??? but yeah i did fly down for the week end with my gal friend but finger crossed things start happening soon, can you let me knoe if you get an e-mail about an interview?? thanks heaps jessi

romell
12th Feb 2009, 09:31
I see many of you guys are wondering what's the pattern. So here's my 2 cents: If you look at the post about people who did get their final approval or their ticket & visa, they all did so at the end of January or the first 2 to 3 days of Feb at best. My impression is that sometime at the end of last month, someone at EK finally got the whole picture,which is that you can't keep growing at the same pace in the face of a global economic crisis ("global" being the key word here) and more particularly in the face of dropping demand. Real estate speculation in Dubai has been a complete madness in the last few years and they are among the places worst hit by the crisis.Contrary to what many believe, Dubai is not your tipical oil-rich MidEast heaven and even if it was at the current price of oil it wouldn't be doing too good either. So, back to our particular case. Someone at EK managment finally realized that if they are going to get thru this and maybe even continue making a profit, expansion is not the way. So they plan to cut routes that have become unprofitable,maybe just increase the Indian and OZ ones in terms of frecuency, reduce the number of crew staffing the aircraft at the minimum and have already offered unpaid leave to employees. Now,anyone would agree that if the company you work for suddenly decides to offer you unpaid leave, things are not going well. So the way I see it,they are probably going to keep the aplicants who already have their final approval,maybe just shift their DOJ's around to keep the ab-initios at an even pace and be able to staff most of their aircraft ordered for the first half of this year.There are probabbly going to be some canceled aircraft orders,but it's gonna cost them more to cancel all of those they've ordered at once, not to mention the damage this would inflict on their corporate image. So instead of canceling everybody's offers at once, they're gonna do it a sip at a time, In the hopes of not atracting too much attention. So, as you see, unfortunately ot's not a matter of positive thinking (I ,of all wish it was) but of maths.

P.S. As I was writing this one of my friends who was supposed to fly on the 27th of Feb forwarded me that dreaded e-mail she recieved this morning. I guess I better start making calculations how much this whole odissey cost me and searching for my lawyers phone number....

lucy21
12th Feb 2009, 09:50
Ok so here's a quick snapshot of my story so far, I applied in September, my final interview was October 8th in London, I got the golden call 5 weeks later and my medical forms came through a couple of days after that. Due to a massive mess-up by my doctors (and christmas falling halfway through) the medicals process took forever and I finally managed to submit the last of my completed forms on 27th January. My DOJ was originally 09/01/09, obviously this has moved as my medicals went on for a long time, I'm now also waiting for final approval, DOJ and visa and e-ticket. Haven't a clue what my chances are of getting out there, the people who got through on my interview day are already out there, they said they've heard rumours that courses are being delayed from April onwards but it's mainly hear'say so I'm not sure.

The one thing everyone has to remember is that these offers are only being withdrawn due to the economy, it has nothing to do with them changing their mind, as for thinking about suing them or anything else, forget it, they don't work like that, there's no proper legislation etc out there and besides, if they continued to hire everyone and expand at the rate they wanted to, in the current climate they'd probably go bust and we'd all be out of jobs anyway so be grateful they're just delaying course dates, Dubai thrives on tourism not oil (oil comes from Abu Dhabi) and the first thing that gets hit in such hard financial times is luxuries like holidays which is why they're suffering so much. We can only wait and keep our fingers crossed, it's not the end of the world if you get rejected, it just wasn't meant to be or you have to wait a while...

filwa
12th Feb 2009, 10:13
finally got email from EK but not a good news!
good thing is i've been preparing for a while since i read this forum,
DOJ:27 March,offer withdrawn and will seek to re-contact when next course start dates confirmed !

good luck to everyone who's still waiting !

nrcrowth
12th Feb 2009, 11:09
Gosh theres a lot of posts to read! :)
so have some peeps still got 20th feb as doj? when did you get the final offer?

anyone know if we can claim money back on medicals?

great news if you have- the lucky ones hey! :)

norbu_boi
12th Feb 2009, 11:24
Hey guys,

I have just received my ticket and my visa :)
DOJ 20th of Feb .....
:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}

Hope the rest will make it ...

Xx

wish_2_fly
12th Feb 2009, 12:33
Let me be the first to correct you nrcrowth......I have a DOJ of the 20th and I have just received my visa and ticket!!! Yay!! Looking forward to seeing you norbu_boi!!

Yay!! Im an official expat!!

nickg102
12th Feb 2009, 13:50
East Coast Girl! - I was chosen at the Feb 7th New York day too. I was in the gray suit, a brunette with a ponytail. Are you the one working for Continental? Let's stay in touch. I work for USA 3000. Let me know if you hear anything ;)

Flying princess 116
12th Feb 2009, 14:11
Hi got E-tkt and visa so im Dubai bound :O
See you in Dubai norbu_boi and wish_2_fly :) x x
Its been a tense time but worth all the wait
Good luck guys, for all who are still waiting x x

east coast girl
12th Feb 2009, 15:27
hi nickg102, i was the blond in light grey suit. i was so excited that day but i kept wondering why we did not have the final inerview within a few days like everyone else, so i started searching on line for some info and this web site just killed all my hope.:uhoh: how is usa 3000 treating you?:)

Leticc
12th Feb 2009, 17:55
Hi all!! Today 2 more people from my interview who were flying on 27th March 2009 got the withdrawn e-mail and other one got a very ridiculous email:

This is regarding your final interview with Emirates for the position of Cabin Crew. Despite repeated attempts to contact you via telephone and e-mail, unfortunately we have not been able to reach you regarding the outcome of your application. We will assume that you are no longer interested in the Cabin Crew position and your file will be closed with immediate effect.

It happens that the boy who got this mail was calling and sending mails to Emirates like crazy!!
:/ buuuu!!!

pinkylicious
12th Feb 2009, 18:08
I don't understand anything of this terrible ordeal no more...

I have a feeling that luck has to be in favor of all those who are taken on even after medicals...
anyone considered consulting their horoscopes!!??:rolleyes:

I wish I had a Sheikh as a distant cousin, I just pick up the phone, make one call and I would have definitely been IN!!:E

Ok I'm just trying tobe cheerful...:hmm:

nrcrowth
12th Feb 2009, 18:50
Thats fantastic well done guys!

they obviously have cut offs for when ppl had interview and when ppl handed medicals in

but lucky you if got thru- good news for emirates!:ok:

lewie
12th Feb 2009, 19:06
Hi guys just wanted to let you know I go the withdrawn letter over night. DOJ was March 6th.
Good luck to the rest of you - i hope you are all making back up plans just incase...
xx

Skyline88
12th Feb 2009, 20:23
To everyone that got the "will be contacted in 6-9 months time". Can we put hope in that at least that we will be contacted back?

alkatifa
12th Feb 2009, 20:24
Hey guys, I've been keeping an eye on stuff lately as things are looking ugly indeed. Emirates is definatly slowing down...

My personal situation: attended open day 16th november, final interview 20th november, seville, spain. Still no email, no call, no nothing.... How desperate can u get....:ugh: these are not easy times at all....

Hey pinky :) glad to meet u here! I feel ur pain though... it's just awesome that we can talk and confort each other. Thank god 4 internet!

Take care everyone and keep smiling :)

Skywards
12th Feb 2009, 21:28
No smiles for me....

Got the email this morning...offer withdrawn. I don't even have any words apart from disgusted.

So now I'm short $1000, and feel completely ripped off. I have absolutely no faith that they will email us when courses open, they clearly haven't given a :mad: about us up until now. Why would they start caring in 6-9 months.

Guess we won't be meeting anytime soon lewie...

Dubai Bound
12th Feb 2009, 21:34
Well guys,

I got my withdrawl today stating they will recontact me when training resumes. Actually, everyone that was in my final interview class that got through got the email last night at the same time. Guess it's back to the drawing board.. Oh well:ugh:

notice of withdrawl
12th Feb 2009, 23:32
Hi everyone,
I got my withdrawl for thier offer of employment and decided to start this blog to get everyone's experiences, feeling and opinions about what you have gone through with respect to emirates recruitment, hiring, and training. I personally spent thousands of dollars to get medical approval only to get an email informing me that they had withdrawn their offer. Please feel free to speak your mind and share your experience.
You can be anonymous if you like.
Hope to see you there!
emirates airline news . ******** . com
just copy and remove the spaces

Dubai Bound
12th Feb 2009, 23:43
Check out this site
emirate airline news . ******** . com
just remove the spaces

lewie
13th Feb 2009, 00:45
No doesnt look like it skywards! Sorry to hear that guys - I havnt heard of anyone on our DOJ who didnt get it.

I think that romell may have a valid explanation for some of the things that have been going on.

Im personally not mad with emirates about the fact that they have had to do this it not their fault....BUT their communication and the way they have chosen to do things has been very poor. I personally wont be hanging around for another offer - i have done enough waiting already. If they offer me a job later on and i am in a position to accept i will consider it but not if i have to pay a cent toward my medicals.

Just remember if you are going to call and abuse anyone in HR that they are just the messengers and chances are thier jobs are on the line too.

xx

alkatifa
13th Feb 2009, 00:56
I'm really sorry to hear that guys.... it's a real disaster!

Thing that puzzles me is that after my final interview and getting all nicely done, I would just like to have some feedback, some kind of contact which I do believe would be the very least they should do.

This is killing me, I would just apreciate to get a 'no go' email, just to get into a diferent frame of mind....

exEKflygirl
13th Feb 2009, 01:18
Hi guys... feeling for you at the moment, i know there is nothing worse than waiting on a phone call and then when it finally comes it is not what you are wanting to hear. From past experience i can tell you this.
Working for Emirates is a fabulous way to see the world and get cashed up doing it, though you have to remember that you are just a tadpole with a number at this stage. Even when you have graduated your training you are still just a number. Working for a large company is always like that and you cant be mothered through the process. You have to be willing to do as your are told, be patient and for heavans sake dont shoot the hand thay may feed you by writting an abusive or disgruntled letter to HR. The airline industry is extreaminly fickle. Its either all or nothing. Eiether desperate for crew or not hiring which in the last 5 years as far as i know its unheard of. Don't be putt off. Spread your eggs into different baskets and apply for other airlines such as Ethihad. The more applications the less desperate you will be to hear from EK. They have a heap of the new A380 planes coming and with the high turn over of staff they are always needing new crew.
My tip is to:
Spread out your applications to other airlines
Be pleasant and patient and dont hassel them with emails, they would be swamped with applications, if they have all your details and have liked you enough to get you to the stage of an offer then let it be until they open up the flood gates again.
I hope you all find this very useful. I am happy for anyone to drop me at email at flygilrfee81 at hotmail . com if you want to ask any questions re working for Emirates, conditions, what accommodation is like, layovers etc. I know what is is like to be on the outside waning to know more info and what it really is like on the inside so shoot me something and i will most likely send you an email back. Good luck to you in the future and remember. Chin up, its not the end of the world!!

Lia Kohl
13th Feb 2009, 03:40
LetiCC,

Have you noticed that the news (http://www.arabianbusiness.com/530285-emirates-a380-flights-suspended-until-sept-12) you posted here were last year's?

I also believe that they are choosing from the very best now... let's keep hope. And a plan B

Skywards
13th Feb 2009, 04:27
I'll be interested to see if anybody with a DOJ of March gets through, or whether all training from March onwards has been cancelled. By the sounds of it, everyone on here with a DOJ of 6 March has had their offer withdrawn. Anybody with DOJ of 13 March heard anything yet?

pinkylicious
13th Feb 2009, 06:47
Hi Alkatifa,
We meet also here...
Why don't u try calling HR again?
You have to be persistent if you wanna get through and get any kind of response from them at least you will know where you would stand!

Skywards: I have DOJ as 13 march and there is also tiniviel with me and I still didn't get any response after submitting medicals 3 weeks back..
I have understood that all the other guys who already got final approvals well before this terrible ordeal are gonna fly anyway on feb 20th, after being put off from feb 13.

Congrats to all those who got in and wish u all the best at the training..
Very happy for u guys!

tiniviel
13th Feb 2009, 09:20
Hi there---
2 of my friends from Belgrade will join 27 february... they supposed to fly on 6th but they were postponed... we had open day in december. So... I guess next week... will have the news... bad or good...

gabidu
13th Feb 2009, 12:59
hey guys,

I got my withdrawl yesterday saying they will contact me when training starts again...is there anybody with the same problem?? Does anybody have an idea of when they will restart the trainings and stuff??

good luck to everyone!

recession SUCKS!:ugh::ugh:

CS-TNP
13th Feb 2009, 14:01
I've been reading this thread for the last few days, and I feel really, really sorry for all the people who got the withdrawal email. I understand that the economic situation is unfavourable, but wouldn't that be predictable? In such a way that they could do less recruitment assessments before hand? The global economic crisis (that many companies use it as an excuse for every kind of cuts) is not new, it's coming from last summer. Do Emirates just found now that they are being hit by the crisis? Or even before that! Such a big growth always made some confusion in my mind.

I can understand that companies must cut in many areas of their operations, if they want to survive, and the first ones to know that must be employees, the company's success depends fundamentally on people's ability to work hard (and well). But the real problem here is that many people are given the chance to dream, or better, to see their dreams coming true. And suddenly those dreams fall down! It's easy to say to never loose hope, to try other jobs, and the same is said by me, but to be on these persons skin it's impossible to imagine. Worst than that is to spend lots of money in medicals and receiving a withdrawal email on the eve of moving.

For us, spectators, there's nothing we can say or do to give our support to this guys, except to give a virtual hug. I know that are worse things in life, and recently we've been watching what is going on in Australia, it's hard to imagine such suffering. I know it's nothing compared with a dream job rejection, but deserves attention also. People desire a lot for a certain job, get it, and suddenly loose it. It's a dream coming true, people have to change a lot of things in life, quit jobs, prepare all logistics to go to a completely different culture. And suddenly they "wake up" with bare hands.

A special message to Alkatifa (by the way, a great nick:O), because he or she is portuguese like me, and whish you all the best. In case you don't know Etihad will make an assessment in Lisbon on 17 Feb.:ok:For all of you that are waiting for any kind of answer I also wish you all the luck needed. For the guys that received the no go email, keep trying on other companies, never loose your strength. To win you must fight hard. It's what I'm doing. Last wednesday I had an interview for a UAE company (but to work in Europe) and beside the interview didn't went so well, I still have hope. And it's a great job also! Fingers crossed for all of us. And sorry for all this speach, I'm latin, and latins speak to much!:}:}:uhoh:

Cheers

Maja2U
13th Feb 2009, 14:46
greeting!
just signed in to tell you that you are not alone!
my DOJ was TODAY: 13-2-09. few weeks after sending me that information, they contacted me to tell me that it was changed into 24-4-09. :* that sounded smelly...but i didn't react.
yesterday I got THE mail you're all talking about. :sad:
they said nothing about 6-9 month (can that person copy-paste that mail???), but they did say that they are very sorry and that they just don't need new crew members due to a global crisis. of course, 'we'll re-contact you when we get dates of our next courses confirmed' ... i guess we all got the same e-mail. (exept that person that's talking of receiving an a-mail in which 6 to 9 month period is mentioned )
now, here's what i don't get... if it is all about the crisis, and it's not us (after all, we all did sign the job contract, or 'the declaration' as they call it), then how come some people are going after all? don't remember the nicks, but some guys few pages before, are departing next week... did i get that right? there was some talk about receiving their visas...?

norbu_boi
13th Feb 2009, 15:09
BEAUTY :) no seriously, im sure that ek has set a time line for recruitment and im guessing that they withdrew most of the contracts of doj that are after feb. in my case, i have been told by a cabine crew that arabic speakers have the first priority due to lack of arabic speakers in their staff..

tiniviel
13th Feb 2009, 15:19
So...i guess... we can hope they will re-contact us in a year or so....

I cant believe this is happening:sad:

Oxaliza_Oxen
13th Feb 2009, 16:03
Hi there,
I was on this forum a while back..

Just something I want to say to all of us..but i dont want to scared anyone out alright, just something I want everyone to have a thought about it.

For those who got E-tckt and Visa to Dubai, please think about this..

1. how much you would earn when you are at trainning school?
- They will give you only just the basic salary and it will be about 6-10 weeks training.

2. After trainning, if the economic is still not looking good, more likely you will be put on SBY (Stand By) line or roster and how much you would get pay?

3. if they have mentioned about 6-9 months for some ppl whom they would contact back again after things are getting better. Would you be able to survive on those money which just only the basic salary until the economic is better to have more flight to fly out?

4. Dubai is not cheap to live at all esp for the food and publice transport.

5. It is very stressful in this crisis and as someone who worked with EK has mentioned "You do what they say" what do you think about it?

Sorry to say those things here but I just don't want to see another sad things about goin there and have to come back with tear after being in Dubai and have to deal with lots of terrible stuffs. Please think about plan B coz it would happen if some of you has to come back coz you have to stay at base on SBY and you can not go anywhere, hoping you will get call out from SBY to make some more money then nothing happen, in the end you come up with less then $1000/month. Again I have to apologised to any of you if this post would upset someone, but I really do worry about this. As I have been in that situation before..

P.S if anyone got upset by this post, please understand I did because I do worry about how they treat us even it's true that it's not their fault but still..it's not fair!!

norbu_boi
13th Feb 2009, 16:30
Hey...
How about not having a job at all ??? isn't it to be considered too ?
Economic crisi is everywhere .. anyjob in the time being is better than nothing. Thats what has to be considered ( my point of view ).

:8
XX

tiniviel
13th Feb 2009, 16:59
How about spending 7oo euros for medicals for nothing?! and not having job?

alkatifa
13th Feb 2009, 17:29
tiniviel...yeah I hear ya....that has to be the absolute worst thing that could happen to anyone!

CS fellow portuguese mate, I can feel ur love bro and it was greatly apreciated at this point in time! (a vida tá fudida pah). btw thanx for the nick thing, I have short hair ;)
I did not know about that lisbon thing on the 17th though!! hummm....I might consider going down there as I live in Porto. Thanx for the info!

To all of us, things are getting worse by the minute...we need some serious praying now. It really sux dreaming bout stuff and then just getting the absolute major worse fu**** timing ever!

Keep smiling

Oxaliza_Oxen
13th Feb 2009, 17:43
I understand how you feel for having no job and some have to spend money on the medical and got the withdraw. But I want you to think that you are at your home instead of somewhere that nobody could help you like you are at your home country. You still have your family to support you and also your friend to comfort you. Going to DXB in this situation I think it's quite stressful time. Emirates have already canceled some flight which they never done it before regardless the crisis.

I don't want to make you feel better by saying scary thing about DXB situation atm so I just try to ask those who are goin overthere to think about it again. And rememeber that DXB run the country with 2 laws, one is common law and one is Islamic law. Having say that some ppl who was stressed enough to swaring in the public could be imprisoned so I just don't know how to show the picture of the other side of DXB that's all. Otherwise, it would be too negative so I betta stay in the middle and let everyone has a thought.

I do feel sorry about those ppl who got withdrawn but I say much thing coz some ppl might think, I say thing because I didn't make it through the medical state so I betta say as much as I think it is appropriated to say in the public.

if anyone on this forum has a friend who work for Etihad you can ask your friend about EK situation I believe they would be able to tell you about it.

God will have better plan for you and please be grateful for what we are having atm, as I do as well.

Oxaliza_Oxen
13th Feb 2009, 17:59
I have heard they would put the new crew on A380 and I would like you guys to keep in mind about the trainning as well while you have only basic to live on. I just don't want to see more ppl who has to take out from your pocket to live over there till you start flying.

And stressful is the big major. A380 is a very big A/C so I could imagine the trainning will be absolute not easy at all. Sorry because I have seen ppl who didn't pass the trainning and have to go back home after spent their own money again on top of their basic salary to live and that looked sad for me. but for some ppl who doesn't have a job at all, in that case, well you can give it to go. I really hope thing getting pick up sooner coz yes, it is crisis everywhere. I wish all the best for whom are goin overthere, and if thing was not what you hope for please be strong and be calm to deal with it.

God bless.

nrcrowth
13th Feb 2009, 19:11
at least they have told us before we go over to Dubai- imagine if we went over and trained for a few weeks and then they had to send us home as couldn't afford to keep us on! that would be horrific- so things can be worse!

when do you think emirates will contact accepted people who completed medicals again?

wannaworkupthere
13th Feb 2009, 22:37
Unfortuneatly after a month of waiting I got the email saying that I was unsuccessful this time, that its not a reflection of me as a candidate and they will contact me in 6-9 months to reapply. Hopefully world financial crises is over then. I'm disappointed but not discouraged and am applying for other airlines, but Emirates is still a dream I'd like to fulfill one day. Just about to check out Etihad and truly hope that Emirates does contact me in 6-9 months, otherwise I'll get back to them in a year. Good luck to you all and stay strong and positive and you will succeed in the way that is right for you xoxo

Leito
13th Feb 2009, 23:05
Hi Oxaliza, I really don't know who your contacts are but I would like to clarify a few things that you have mentioned.

1. how much you would earn when you are at trainning school?
- They will give you only just the basic salary and it will be about 6-10 weeks training.

Training its 6 weeks, 1st week its the induction week, 2nd and 3rd are S.E.P., 4th its G.M.T. (1st aids), and 5th and 6th week service, so, the basic salary its only for 6 weeks.

2. After trainning, if the economic is still not looking good, more likely you will be put on SBY (Stand By) line or roster and how much you would get pay?

No one knows what would happen in 6 weeks time, but believe me that I particulary don't think that many crew will get the chance to sit at home doing nothing, the aircrafts are still arriving, people is leaving and recruitment will stop, therefore everyone on board will have to work extra hard to cover up for the missing crew.

3. if they have mentioned about 6-9 months for some ppl whom they would contact back again after things are getting better. Would you be able to survive on those money which just only the basic salary until the economic is better to have more flight to fly out?

Again, you will start to get the flight paid as soon as you start flying, usually happens a couple of days after graduation.

4. Dubai is not cheap to live at all esp for the food and publice transport.

Since everything it's provided then the money that you spend its usually in food, I've never taken a bus in Dubai, but I know that its very cheap, taxis aren't that cheap, but again, the money that you get it's more than enough, the problem is that when the new people arrives somehow they all run out of money because they go mad on shopping, and spend more than they get in mobile phone, camera, computer, MP3, TV, I mean, its great to have it but maybe not everything at once.

5. It is very stressful in this crisis and as someone who worked with EK has mentioned "You do what they say" what do you think about it?

Please tell me of any company that it's not like this, c'mon, its a job and you do what they say, with over 10000 cabin crew, rules must be followed, if everyone do what they want then I don't know what will happen?.

Emirates have already canceled some flight which they never done it before regardless the crisis.

Yes apparently Nagoya is going, however its not the first one, as far as I know Baku, Comoros and Alexandria were also gone long before the crisis, if the route doesn't make money then its not rocket sience, it must go !!

I have heard they would put the new crew on A380 and I would like you guys to keep in mind about the trainning as well while you have only basic to live on. I just don't want to see more ppl who has to take out from your pocket to live over there till you start flying.

Thanks for your concern, but EK have been training A380 crew since last year, so, at least the new crew will only have to learn one aircraft type and won't get confussed, money-wise will all be the same.

Please check the facts before posting all this negative statements, I understand that you want to empathize with everyone here and please keep doing it !!!!, but by writing this you are not making anyone a favor.

pinkylicious
14th Feb 2009, 06:48
I agree with Leito...
There is no such need to discourage people from reaching the Emirates Dream..
All this negative energy and negative thoughts must be avoided..
obviously everyone has the right to express in words their own thoughts and feelings but pls let us not be negative as the situation is already bad....