PDA

View Full Version : Instrument Rating Books?

Brian304
14th Jun 2008, 21:25
I'm going to start my IR very soon, just wondering if there are any recommended reads around that would be a good tool for the IR course?. Also i've tried seaching, but there arn't any threads regarding this.

Brian304:p

MIKECR
14th Jun 2008, 22:09
Brian,

Rather than a book, the best thing you can buy is definately RANT software for the pc. Its a great IFR training aid and will get your head round all the basics of single needle tracking and using the RMI etc. Where you doing your IR out of curiosity?

Arfur Feck-Sake
14th Jun 2008, 22:20
Trevor Thom Air Pilot's Manual, volume 5, I believe. Heavy going but covers the basics.

Keynotes for Pilots - The JAA Instrument Rating (A) Skill Test - Stuart E. Smith and Mike T. Groves.

powerstall
15th Jun 2008, 00:42
Jeppesen has an instrument flying book, it helped me a lot during my training, and it's good book to go back to whenever you forget something... now that reminds me........ where did i put that bloody book. :confused:

Brian304
15th Jun 2008, 08:55
Isn't the jepperson for the FAA license instead of the JAA?, or is it all the same?. I'm going out to spain unfortunately because of the weather and price. But will be taking further lessons hopefully when I get back and get a part-time job. The credit crunch is really starting to hurt.

Brian304:rolleyes: