PDA

View Full Version : BMI Jobs

careerpilotman
14th Jun 2008, 01:31
Hi, was wondering if anybody knows about recruitment at BMI? Their website, although open, seems rather vague.

Thanks

assymetricdrift
14th Jun 2008, 07:51
I have heard that bmi won't be doing recruiting until Spring next year at the earliest.

They have a full holding pool and have cancelled the last couple of T/R courses.

CAT3C AUTOLAND
14th Jun 2008, 10:12
There are 8 guys going through their line training at the moment, and I believe some guys doing their type ratings who have joined mainline from Baby and Regional. There is currently a freeze on recruitment.

B737800FO
14th Jun 2008, 10:45
I've spoke with Brian Burns at BMI he said the same- no recruitment until early Spring at the earliest...

saucy jack
14th Jun 2008, 10:50
...by which time it may be Sim Sessions followed by de-briefing in the Lufty Lounge at Frankfurt.

We will see.

careerpilotman
14th Jun 2008, 19:46
shame really.
Thanks anyway guys

SinBin
17th Jun 2008, 20:19
Seems to have dried up at the mo guys, but like anything in this industry things may change at anytime. As far as speaking German, I doubt it, Lufty may well be the majority shareholder next year but I think bmi will carry on in a similar (may be slightly different) format. Interesting times ahead!

horsebox
18th Jun 2008, 10:38
Mate of mine had an interview with bmi regional a couple of weeks back. All expansion plans are on hold, crew leaving are not being replaced, and interviews were going ahead to fill a few spare slots in the hold pool only.

Hotel Uniform Yankee
18th Jun 2008, 10:47
Horsebox,

Any news on the LOT emb145 you said bmi were getting a couple of weeks ago?

horsebox
18th Jun 2008, 11:36
He was told by the Ops director of regional that expansion was on hold (due oil price and general economic outlook, but routes were profitable and yields healthy), so I would consider that no new aircraft will be coming online.... He was also told that they have gone from a position of being overcrewed early in the year to being "about right". This has happened with people leaving over the past few months.

As the hold pool has remained untouched for about 12 months, it was beginning to look empty, hence the interviews. Sim assesments maybe any time in the next 3 months, so appears to be no rush on their part.

I hear that existing crews have busy rosters now, so if a few more people leave then they may have to hire in order to fill the gaps.