PDA

View Full Version : thomsonfly and first choice airways new name

loopylee
13th Jun 2008, 12:55
As of 1st May 09 will be....... Thomson airways!! what do we think??

Blighty Pilot
13th Jun 2008, 13:05
I'm thinking I hope someone hasn't been paid a lot of money to come up with that one!! Genious! - Who would have thought of that??? :D

OliWW
13th Jun 2008, 13:12
I think the name sounds quite good. Thomson Airways, Its got a twist about it, Will they have a new Livery?

If they do, I hope they atually spray the whole of the aircraft, not like they did wiv G-CDZL for example, and you can see a difference in liveries, that really annoyes me lol

loopylee
13th Jun 2008, 13:25
yea new uniforms and livery.. more details to come soon... new livery should be completed by 1st may 09 (fingers crossed)

MUFC_fan
13th Jun 2008, 13:36
Look like they emplooyed the 2012 Olympic Games logo designers for that one!

Wonder if that one cost them £400,000?:ok:

Dogma
13th Jun 2008, 13:57
OK - seems reasonable.

We have had Tsetes'fly, Gypsy Jet etc whats the new monicer?

John Thomson Airways?:bored:

dc9-32
13th Jun 2008, 17:29
I think it's time they had an aircraft painted up as a retro jet

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/andy757/0351478.jpg

saucy jack
13th Jun 2008, 17:42
Here here DC9!

Trouble is most middle-managers are too busy watching their backs and clinging to their precious 3-series to show any imagination whatsoever, and those at the top are too worried about their bonuses and what the shareholders think.

StoneyBridge Radar
13th Jun 2008, 18:35
You wonder how companies can justify their PR and marketing departments and the inflated salaries to go with it, when corporate decisions like this are made. http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z192/PrimavistaGiantSchnauzers/Gifs/Dunce.gif

An ex, who is unaffectionately now called Maintenance, worked as regional manager for a large travel agent chain.

People never came in and said they wanted to book Tui, Thomson or anything like that in that price bracket. She said they'd come in, say where they wanted to go, what the budget was, and they nearly always wanted to travel on Britannia.

There you go guys, a few years marketing experience given to you for free.

Why F**k up something that's worked and was respected for years? :mad:

BYALPHAINDIA
13th Jun 2008, 23:01
thomsonfly and first choice airways new name
As of 1st May 09 will be....... Thomson airways!! what do we think??

News to me - TUI Holidays UK is what Iv'e heard???

Beavis and Butthead
13th Jun 2008, 23:10
News to me - TUI Holidays UK is what Iv'e heard???

I'm afraid you heard wrong. Thomson Airways it is. Internal memo has been copied into the TUI Travel private forum.

BYALPHAINDIA
13th Jun 2008, 23:17
Okay, Not turning Yellow then???

clipstone1
14th Jun 2008, 00:29
they should've gone for something new....like Euravia!!!!!!

Thomson Airways is pretty poo....so we'll just go out and peal off the FLY from the side of 40 odd aircraft again huh?

as a devoted Britannia ite.....Thomsonfly was pretty poo, but was far better than Thomson Airways, they should have just left it as Thomsonfly

take-off
14th Jun 2008, 01:28
Did nobody down at tui towers have the gumption to think of Britannia????? Or maybe its too un-pc to be pro British, i mean , afterall they are taking british people on holiday in the main of their business. You can picture the meeting...... " how about this guys...... lets drop the 'fly' and call it thomson!!" , lots of back slapping...jeeezzz :mad: me! Cant wait to see the colour scheme, a mish mash of tui blue and first choice pink!!!!

Even monarchs got groovy with their hedkandi logod jets!!!

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6253800

lederhosen
14th Jun 2008, 06:54
It seems sometimes as if someone close to TUI towers has shares in a paint shop. The number of different variations on now discarded previous identities is mind blowing. They do all have one thing in common, they serve to confuse the travelling public.

The original idea of buiding up a pan european brand with a common image may not have delighted the Britannia or Hapag fans, but it did have a certain logic. The current mish mash is testimony to TUI's corporate decision making skills.

I can just imagine Fr*nzel's wife sitting in the bath thinking up more great strategy, and betting him they could not get every airplane in the fleet in a different colour scheme. He replies 'Don't vorry Schatzilein, ve already haff!'

Guest 112233
14th Jun 2008, 08:16
How about Thompson's Choice Airways - My invoice is in the post - £400.000 Means I will have to register for VAT Too. :rolleyes:

Mr A Tis
14th Jun 2008, 09:24
So, what happened to the plan to turn them all yellow TUI fly?
Most airlines are strapped for cash, but this load of herberts wanna splash out on new liveries & uniforms & everything else needing rebranding.

BTW I'd hate it to be rebranded Britannia, as that was a well run decent airline - these muppets run it MoL style with a pretty shoddy customer service department IMHO.

saucy jack
14th Jun 2008, 09:44
Sadly this is probably also the end for the wonderful "Jetset" callsign.

Can't imagine the bland corporate cretins wanting to hang on to this one given that it evokes a golden age of air travel which the accountants have done their utmost to wipe from memory.

Shame...hearing a Jetset over the Med reminds me of the reasons why I always wanted to fly.

ATNotts
14th Jun 2008, 10:11
I can't believe they haven't gone for one name to cover all their operations around Europe - TUI! - with a common livery throughout. That would have amde it easier to integrate the operations of the various busineses, and gain further economies of scale.

Painting "Thomson" all over the aircraft means it's less easy to switch the fleets between European bases, and gain better fleet utilisation.

clipstone1
14th Jun 2008, 10:40
exactly AT....they should have just called all of the airlines TUIfly, then we'd have a fleet of 160 aircraft that we could easily and cheaply shuffle rather than a paintshop visit every time they move any aircraft between countries....much easier for all aircraft to look the same, be same spec etc another missed opportunity

presumably not too much effort will be put into painting the ex-FCA B763s for what is hoped to be less than 2 years service after 1st May 09.....

take-off
14th Jun 2008, 19:17
How cheap is it to 'sufle' a plane????

typical big business, waste money on things that dont need change, but things that do.... oh we cant afford that in this years budget... a pay rise???? :ugh::ugh::mad:, not just airlines that do it..

britannialad
17th Jun 2008, 17:05
Well as for crew earlier this year we were all asked at our sales conference to come up with a new name for our airline! The cabin crew came up with some fantastic names and ideas for the way forward.
Obviously they didnt listen to our ideas!....AGAIN

LGS6753
17th Jun 2008, 18:26
FirstbritanniachoicethomsonfluggesselschaftTUIhapagflyeuravi a.com

....that's the rumour I've heard (although I had to stand in the same place for a while to hear it!:}

WATABENCH
17th Jun 2008, 21:03
Hmmmm of course it's still a merger, not a take over in any way :}. Try and convince any FC staff from both airline and retail of that though.
Tui Travel, Thomson Airways...will anything pink remain, who knows?

britannialad
18th Jun 2008, 17:11
BYlad surely you know by now where all the good ideas in TUI come from and no it isn't our senior management! It is of course Contractors/Consultants call them what you like but the big cheeses can't make a decision without them! I wonder how many focus groups, corporate away days it took to come up with Thomson Airways? Give it 18 months and some brand name guru will come up with...wait for it...Britannia Airways

Thanks for your reply! Yes i do know where all the ideas come from, thats why they never stay in their positions long enough!
Ive been with this company for some years now and cannot believe how many paint jobs, name changes etc and how we can drop Britannia after years of success! And its the passengers i feel sorry for we gave them
everything and there experience with us was an enjoyable one!

Dont much care anymore! Im off taking severance

clipstone1
18th Jun 2008, 20:16
EURAVIA.......ORION......

don't call it Britannia.....we're a long way from the quality and class that BY was.....

I think people are being a little blinkered....whilst the UK airline has the Thomson name, at least 50% of the management of the airline are ex FCA and a similar percentage of UK Tour Ops and the majority of Head Office people are FC PLC, so actually TT PLC is really controlled by ex FC PLC senior management....

paarmo
20th Jun 2008, 22:41
Please indulge me . CRUCIFLY still sounds good to me with the call sign SHY TALK.

BYALPHAINDIA
20th Jun 2008, 23:39
THOMSON THE DOG AIR :ugh:

dalej123
1st Feb 2009, 10:40
Will all the first choice + Thomson Aircrafts be painted by the 1st of may?

Because i am going up to gatwick and want to get some fca Aircrafts.

Thanks

Cloud1
1st Feb 2009, 11:56
Are any of the A320's painted in full TUI / TOM livery? I have not seen any yet and am curious as to whether they will bother...

loopylee
1st Feb 2009, 11:56
No they wont... within the next 2 years i have been told!

dalej123
1st Feb 2009, 20:32
So changing the First Choice textures to thomson airways will take 2 years? I am going to gatwick in june and really want to catch fca before the change

Max Angle
1st Feb 2009, 21:23
Shame...hearing a Jetset over the Med reminds me of the reasons why I always wanted to fly.

Strange, it always reminds me that it's the middle of the night and I am 5 hours from away from my bed!.

dalej123
2nd Feb 2009, 20:34
So changing the First Choice textures to thomson airways will take 2 years? I am going to gatwick in june and really want to catch fca before the change

daninLTN
2nd Feb 2009, 21:00
you wont have a problem getting on FCA in june, no

dalej123
3rd Feb 2009, 11:51
OK Thanks for replying to my question. You are first one to do that so thanks

Otto Throttle
4th Feb 2009, 12:50
What was wrong with BRITS FLY FIRST MY SON?

Fits right in with the cheeky chappy, Europhobe, shellsuited image of the punters. :}