PDA

View Full Version : SEP renewal: how?

acuba 290
12th Jun 2008, 22:31
HI! My SEP expires soon. Can not find information at CAA webpage, what exactly I need to send, how much it cost and how should I log 1 hour flight with instructor? Who needs to sign it? Instructor in logbook or FTO etc.? Please. advice ;)

BigGrecian
12th Jun 2008, 22:40
You should know that you have to check LASORS for answers to this information....:ugh: Also been answered multiple times before. :bored:

Section F1.4 applies - please go and research it on yourself but in summary:

A SEP (Land) and/or TMG class rating can be revalidated by flying experience by producing logbook evidence to an appropriately authorised JAR-FCL Examiner, before the rating expiry date has passed, of the following flying experience completed within the 12 months preceding the rating expiry date.
Continued to include:

12 hours of flight time in SEP or TMG aircraft as appropriate to include;
i. 6 hours as pilot-in-command;
ii. 12 take-offs and landings;
iii. a training flight of at least 1 hour’s duration with a FI(A) or CRI(A)* who must countersign the appropriate logbook entry (see full details below).

acuba 290
12th Jun 2008, 23:02
I have a UK issued JAA-PPL, but at the moment I am in Estonia,which is also a JAA country. So, if I fly 1 hour with Estonian JAA instructor, what formular I need to fill and send to UK CAA?
Is it possible to prolong this rating without sending to UK or how it works?

I can"t find any application or instruction for that on CAA webpage :ugh:

BigGrecian
13th Jun 2008, 00:12
Go look it up in LASORS for goodness sake! :mad: or failing that hit the search button!

Any JAA Instructor or examiner can authorise it, they just sign the rating page of your licence!
You can send renewal of class rating form to the CAA but there is no charge!

LH2
13th Jun 2008, 00:18
In all fairness, it's so simple it's a bit confusing (it was for me anyway) until you do it the first time.

All it is is a JAA examiner (not sure about a mere instructor though) writing a new date and signing your ratings page on your licence--in theory after they are satisfied you comply with the requirements (a few hours flown during the last year, a percentage of which as P1, blah, blah).

Not a big deal at all (and no cost for it unless someone decides to be a greedy bastard), but if unsure give the CAA a call, explain your situation and ask them what to do.

HTH.

ReallyAnnoyed
13th Jun 2008, 07:20
I sent an email to the CAA about it and their answer was that they need form SRG1119 and a copy of the examiner's JAR authorisation. However, this procedure relates to revalidation by a proficiency check. Not sure if it's the same if you do the 12 hours including one with an instructor. Just send the CAA an email - they should work for their fees. I haven't flown a bugsmasher since I renewed it two years ago, so it'll be intering to fly one of those again :}