PDA

View Full Version : Help please PUMA/CHINOOK/Merlin piccies needed

Ron Fenest
12th Jun 2008, 11:11
Hi all,

I need a favour if possible. I'm after some good high res piccies or/and video of RAF Puma, Chinooks and Merlin, for video even very short clips are required.

I have to completely avoid any copyright issues as anything I use will end up in some kind of (possibly) commercial presentation. I may even use them at the Farnborough Airshow.

If at all possible it would be great if I could get some unclas operational footage/stills of landings and t/o in dusty/near brownout conditions.

Obviously more than happy to credit the budding David Bailey where required.

If necessary feel free to contact me through PM

Many thanks in advance

sunshine band
12th Jun 2008, 18:35
We could all let you have some very interesting photos, but you appear to be making money out of them. Most of the photos you are after would be Crown Copyright...

SB

Ron Fenest
12th Jun 2008, 22:18
Not making a penny but to be fair I expected a response like that a bit sooner.

I have a whole host of pictures that I've taken myself, from various exercises and operations around the world, some from the front seat, some from the ground none of them are crown copyright and you are happy to have copies to do whatever you want with.

I am giving a presentation on the current brownout problem encountered by most rotary platforms on Herrick, it MAY be used, if it's good enough as part of an MOD presentation at the FRN airshow. Most of my personal pics are of Lynx and AH (because that is my background)with lots of 16 Bde UK shots of CH, Puma etc, obviously the chalkiness of salisbury plain doesn't exactly match the dustiness of Helmand. Hence the request.

Many thanks to those guys that have offered to assist!