PDA

View Full Version : Instructor in Canada

Flameboy84
12th Jun 2008, 08:32
Hey pilots

I have just completed my cpl training complete with Multi engine instrument rating in New Zealand. I am 23 years of age and an Australian citizen. I am now looking at doing my instructor rating as that is a career I would like to pursue however I want to do it in Canada and hopefully gain employment as a instructor in Canada after completion.

Has anyone else done this before? Is the work visa's hard to get for an Australian citizen?

I have spoken to a School in Winnipeg and they said they where in desperate need of instructors and have employed many foregin instructors before.

Any advice would really be appreciated as I have my heart set on moving to Canada for a few years.

Thank you.

Glorified Donkey
12th Jun 2008, 13:55
Big demand for instructors, especially in the Winnipeg area. They have hired a few pilots from France, whom they trained and then hired as instructors. If you can get the Visa taken care of there is work here.

reaz
12th Jun 2008, 16:19
Glorified Donkey (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=114615)

Could you please provide me the names of the schools please.

Response highly appreciated.

Reaz

Glorified Donkey
12th Jun 2008, 17:02
Harv's Air in Winnipeg/St.Andrews has hired students from France, trained them and had them work as flight instructors. I know of 3 such students.

Canadapilot
12th Jun 2008, 18:13
Do your Instructor Rating at the school, many take on their students to work. Post-Graduate Work Visa will cover you, or indeed a standard work permit. Don't just focus on Winnipeg, try Boundary Bay Airport in Vancouver and Springbank Airport in Calgary...lots of schools at both.