PDA

View Full Version : Corporate Ops Jobs - Good, Bad or just a job?

OnTheLocaliser
11th Jun 2008, 18:33
Just wondered what the feeling was in the Biz Jet Ops World? Terms and Conditions, staff morale, prospects and advice to someone like me who works for an airline but due to wife's job :* we're having to consider re-locating from the Midlands to London area :(. Which companies would you rate and why?

Any thoughts or advice?

BIZZYBOY
11th Jun 2008, 21:29
Well you only have to look at all the GA airports in and surrounding London to see see that the "BizJet World" has been hitting a peak for a while now.
Lots of positive stuff happening at most FBO's with some form of expansion or upgrade of service. I would steer clear of working for an airline well a small one anyway,as with the loss of so many in recent months we will no doubt see a few more casualties yet!
As for what companies are about, Signature LTN,Harrods LTN & STN ,Tag FAB, Inflite STN, Universal STN not forgetting London City Jet Centre, Biggin Hill do a search and you find them all on here.
Good Luck

merlinxx
12th Jun 2008, 03:36
It is a good section of the industry, more individualistic than an airline. Same rules and regs, but beware some of the 'Pikey Operators' though the main 2 in the south are at the exit gate. Location depends where your wife will be located. There are posn's @ LTN, BQH, FAB being advertised. Check Avth Job search for Ops jobs. Think also of the support ops like Jeppesen UK (LGW), Universal (STN) or even AirRouting at (LTN) or the big Brokers like Air Partner, Chapman Freeborn etc. Ctc's via a Google or PM me.

Good luck

Check also BIZ jet forum here.

desertopsguy
12th Jun 2008, 06:52
That's all very well but what are the dollars like? Usually garbage...!

youngskywalker
12th Jun 2008, 09:36
Maybe, but still better than the garbage that the airlines pay! Last I heard was Signature pay about 17k with overtime opportunities. Also remember that in the biz jet world you will likely earn more tips than you ever would in an airline!

merlinxx
12th Jun 2008, 10:26
And that's from someone in the 'Sandpit'!

The salaries,T&Cs in the Middle East now are garbage compared with what they were in the late 60s & 70s, 80s & 90s. I know sport I was there both in Saudi & the UAE. How many folks are now getting USD2.0K PM + USD75 per diem with accom & car thrown in? I was in 1980 to 1984 then 2003 to 2005 (though it was much higher in the noughties than that) all tax free.

The salaries being offered in the UAE are UAED-USD based and are rubbish in relation to the cost of living index.

The guy wants to stay in the UK with his wife, so my advice sticks, I've been at it longer than most, though ain't got the T-shirt, but I've got the stains!

Ma salama Y'all

OnTheLocaliser
12th Jun 2008, 11:00
Interesting debate already! But I do appreciate candid and honest comments and advice. Please feel free to PM me rather than 'go public' if you prefer!

Merlinxx - PM sent :ok: