PDA

View Full Version : CSE Oxford closing engine shop !!

poor southerner
11th Jun 2008, 15:06
Any reason why someone like CSE would be shutting up and placing all machinery with an auction house www.apexauctions.com

The implications of this ?

Know anything Chris and hows life down under these days

NutLoose
11th Jun 2008, 18:06
CSE at Oxford have gone, they were apparently losing money and were after a buyer, there was someone in the offing from Cranfield who was going to take it over, but I believe the originally agreed buildings changed and he withdrew, the dealership rights for Cessna and don't quote me on all of this has gone to the said person at Cranfield...... So CSE shut it's doors as there was no buyer.......... CSE citation centre? were trying to sell an overhauled Malibu or Meridian engine but with no warranty on Ebay a couple of weeks ago...

To be honest they had been farming parts of the proverbial pie off for ages, the Airport had been sold off a while ago and the Stores were Sold to I believe one of the Directors and renamed CSP who then sold it onto Piper UK who have moved the whole lot to merge it with their facility...... some Engineers have remained to look after some of the Aircraft for Oxford Flight training, which again was once part of CSE I believe.

Shame really as they used to know their stuff for both Aircraft,parts and Engines.. and there is now a lack of Good large Engine Maintenenace facilities in the UK and I mean no respect to the others OK.