PDA

View Full Version : CPL Licence Issue questions

Mikehotel152
9th Jun 2008, 21:04
I'd be grateful if a recent CPL/ME/IR graduate could throw some advice my way. I'm about to start the CPL but still have a few hours to build; I'm actually on 145 hours total including 80 PiC.

Seeing as the PiC hours are only directly relevant to licence issue, is it worth doing the remaining PiC hours before I start the CPL or should I start the CPL as soon as I get the minimum 150 hours total time and complete the hour-building at a later date?

I am doing the ME/IR immediately on finishing the CPL, but I understand that you need 200 hours total time for licence issue. Assuming I start the CPL on 150 hours and the course is only 25 hours dual time, when will I be in a position to apply for the CPL to be issued?

Many thanks. MH152 :ok:

Adios
9th Jun 2008, 21:16
MikeHotel,

I doubt that you will get any solo hours on the CPL or IR, so only the check rides that you pass will count towards P1. I would suggest getting about 95 hours P1 before starting the CPL (you only need 70 to commence a CPL) and hope you get first time passes. If you don't, you'll probably be a few hours shy of the 100 P1 required for CPL issue.

Most CPL courses are 20-30 hours and the IR will be 55. If you do a single engine CPL, then 6 is the minimum for an MECR course, but it could take more. Some FTOs offer a CPL course with a combo CPL/ME skills test, which keeps the check ride costs down. The bottom line is, you'll need 100 hours P1 for CPL issue and you will be close to 250 total time once you finish.

Mikehotel152
9th Jun 2008, 21:59
Thanks Adios,

Are you saying that I won't be sending off the application for the CPL until I have finished the ME/IR?

parris50
9th Jun 2008, 22:55
You will need 200 hours total before you can apply for your CPL and to be honest without your ME/IR it won;t be of much use. So the answer to you question is "yes".

Brian304
9th Jun 2008, 23:04
One question regarding the CPL, does your PPL SEP license still have to be valid to undergo further training?, well if it expires like a couple of days before your CPL skills test would you still be able to undergo the skills test?.

Brian304:ugh:

Mikehotel152
11th Jun 2008, 09:39
Good question Brian. Anyone know the answer?

Vulcan607
11th Jun 2008, 22:22
are you not best saving your application for licence issue until you have CPL and Multi I.R to reduce the £££ that the CAA will charge you if you applied for them at seperate times?