PDA

View Full Version : SkyStar Airways in Phuket

GoForIt
9th Jun 2008, 15:48
I have a DEC B767 job offer from SkyStar in Thailand. The contract seems rather brief, and I really do not have much information about them. Does anyone have any info?

GoForIt

captseth
9th Jun 2008, 17:19
Apparently, the low pay is accounted for by the availability of "entertainment" in its stead.

For double the money, I'd look at it.

extreme P
14th Aug 2008, 13:30
AVOID even at triple the money!

piratepete
15th Aug 2008, 02:46
Whats wrong with it?? im also considering it and it looks good to me.Please enlighten me, is it unsafe etc etc.......

kwaiyai
15th Aug 2008, 04:02
Seems OK to me allthough I cant apply as no 767 time,I was with another company there and its Not easy flying in Thailand as a Foreigner from what I observed. Be aware also that Thaialnd is a nice place for holiday but you may find it different living there.
Be also aware of a few things, make sure you get OK from DCAT for licence Validation before risking going there, secondly be aware if your medical is 6 monthly you may only get 6 month work permit and Visa, Max is 1year anyhow.
You will love the One stop centre for renewal, take anti depressants before going.
My 10 cents worth,

ZFT
15th Aug 2008, 08:27
You will love the One stop centre for renewal, take anti depressants before going.

The ongoing visa hassles really shouldn’t be underestimated. It is imperative that everything is in order. (Even then expect the unexpected. I have, in the past been given 7 days to exit the country due to ‘new regulations’).

Personally, I find gin works better than anti-depressants!!

Bob Hawke
15th Aug 2008, 09:49
To anyone considering coming to Skystar, think very carefully.

First the negatives:

Contract is confusing - conveniently so.
There are no Days off in the Contract.
Rosters are normally after the event record and not for planning. Don't expect to have to much time off, and if you bring a family, you won't have a home life.
Fatigue is becoming a huge problem - they are denying it.
Leave is mininal - and rarely given.
The pay is not adequate - extremely low.
Get your own Medical insurance - what they have is not worth it.
Expect to pay for alot of things for youself - it happens alot.
Management is extremely inexperienced, reactionary, and ill defined - maximum confusion reigns. You will receive instructions from marketing, ground staff, bus driver's, but rarely from Flight Operations Staff. Look forward to emails from Management that are completely off the wall. (You won't believe what you read!!!)
Almost every flight is a LOFT, you will get to know your QRH!
Aircraft maintenance - refer to the above point!
Documentation - poorly put together, out of date, disorganised.
Various contract terms & conditions exist for the same positions - check with other's before you sign.
)

Now the positives:

:sad: I am sorry, while you were thinking about this, you were disconnected. Please try again later!

Sorry chaps, I thought this was going to get better in light of the One Two Go accident, but I am very afraid that it is not - that's my opinion. IF you have other options, I would consider them. If you want come here, and you have nowhere else to go, then give it a go.

Kapt
15th Aug 2008, 18:16
Think about 1-2 Go and Phuket Air, they are all the same, I know from experience.:=

squarecrow
17th Aug 2008, 12:44
Skystar is way ahead of showeraso***t like Udom and 12go etc. They at least have properly qualified crew it seems:p