PDA

View Full Version : anybody with a bright airbus idea ?

perceval
8th Jun 2008, 07:31
Hi everyone ,

Anyone , anyone at all with a bright idea regarding getting a first shot at an A320 ?? I will shortly have a TR .I've got FAA and ICAO ATPs ,loads of hours but nothing really big .Looks like most companies require some hours on type but where do you get them :bored:??

speedrestriction
8th Jun 2008, 09:59
Not meaning to be rude or unhelpful, but surely you should have asked that question some time ago.

77.shailesh
8th Jun 2008, 10:17
Hey,
Are u an american u can come down to india & built some hours as they need till 2010 After that I am sorry

Cheers:ok:

heli_port
8th Jun 2008, 13:00
Are u an american u can come down to india & built some hours as they need till 2010 After that I am sorry

That's fine we don't want you indian pilots flying for western airlines after 2010 either :}

potkettleblack
8th Jun 2008, 15:03
Unfortunately the beancounters do as its a nice cheap labour source. Imagine how many rupees £20k a year works out at. Why pay a local when someone will do it at a third of the price. Just need to get over the wee hurdle of the JAA/EASE quals.

Mercenary Pilot
8th Jun 2008, 15:19
Why pay a local when someone will do it at a third of the price.

Why pay an Indian when you can get a local to pay £30000 for the "experience" of being in the RHS. :(

perceval
9th Jun 2008, 17:14
No . I didn't ask earlier because I didn't have a TR and wasn't planning on doing it just yet , but things change in life . Anyway I still have a job so I am not whingeing (I know it's rare on this site :bored:):
Thanks , India would be lovely (lots of good friends there ) but I understand they don't accept foreign F/O anymore . :{
Anyone with a helpful comment rather than word war XX ?
Oh , and by the way , I am confused about the sitch in India now . Can we apply or not ?