PDA

View Full Version : HMP Coltishall - Perhaps Not

Captain Kirk
7th Jun 2008, 11:31
I thought that this was another urban myth; apparently not….

It seems that the National Offender Management Service conducted an inspection of RAF Coltishall (http://www.justice.gov.uk/docs/foi-raf-coltishall.pdf)(in Oct 2006, when still in RAF use) to assess its suitability for use as a prison.

It seems that Coltishall is unsuitable for use as a prison as the lack of ‘in room sanitation’ (that will be en-suite facilities then) would inconvenience the little darlings!

‘the lack of in room sanitation is felt to be an expensive problem to over come.’

‘The current accommodation is in the majority based on H block design, with central ablutions. Non (sic) of the accommodation blocks have integral sanitation. All are in a repair state that would mean we would not be able to occupy immediately.’

It also noted that:

‘This site in keeping with a lot of MOD sites appears to have lacked any maintenance over the last few years, the buildings reflect this by being tired yet functional in their appearance.’

Priceless.

ZH875
7th Jun 2008, 11:47
As usual the old adage applies:

Serve the people of your country and get :mad:.......

.......:mad: the people of your country and get served.

Weak On crime, weak on the causes of crime.

plinkton
7th Jun 2008, 12:38
It seems that Coltishall is unsuitable for use as a prison as the lack of ‘in room sanitation’ (that will be en-suite facilities then) would inconvenience the little darlings!

I was there in the late nineties and my room was fitted with a hot and cold running toilet (no good for a number two though).

Shove em in and make them repair the place themselves

Dr. Eg
7th Jun 2008, 23:41
Ah, good old Coltishall; happy days.

spheroid
8th Jun 2008, 08:09
I was there in the late nineties and my room was fitted with a hot and cold running toilet (no good for a number two though).

Ahhhh...... Typical Crab. What do you think your toothbrush is for ????

SirToppamHat
8th Jun 2008, 08:21
Spheroid

That's a Yellow Card. Right out of order. In many people's view, it should have been a straight red. Put me right off my breakfast that has!

STH