PDA

View Full Version : EASA proposals (NPA) for pilot licensing published

HillerBee
7th Jun 2008, 09:59
http://www.easa.europa.eu/ws_prod/r/r_npa.php

Interesting reading.

cpt
7th Jun 2008, 10:17
For some (strange) reason I can't open this file but I guess nothing good for us I'm afraid...
It's becoming more and more difficult to keep a JAR licence current especially when working outside JAR countries.
I am seriously considering an FAA licence.

HillerBee
7th Jun 2008, 10:19
No, I wouldn't it consider to be good news. Europe is getting more and more unattractive to work (and live).

Ready2Fly
7th Jun 2008, 16:50
Very interesting read indeed.

If i got it right, at least for students in germany it seems you won't need a 'degree' anymore (because of the vast amount of hours) to get a CPL(H) (modular route):
THEORETICAL KNOWLEDGE
6 An approved CPL(H) theoretical knowledge course shall comprise at least 250 hours of instruction.
This was 500(!) hours before under JAR-FCL 2 "deutsch". :=

I hope they get this in place asap. :ok:

MartinCh
8th Jun 2008, 12:30
in 'July' issue of FLYER mag, they mention that NPA has (besides other things) proposal to have CPL requirement for obtaining FI rating, removed and some special ICAO exemption for JAA region made so as the FI can be 'rewarded' for work (my ' ', naturally)

I checked it now. It says instructing PPL students - obviously. It'd be crazy to instruct CPL stuff without having passed CPL and be de-restricted etc.

Private flying forum has some mention of NPA and links, also to the abovementioned mag forum.
Was it this NPA details discussed before? I've read something 'bout it.
If so, just ignore this post.

Aesir
8th Jun 2008, 19:05
so what's limited to multipilot operations only?

Yes, that´s a really good point :confused:

The EASA moves in mysterious way´s.

JimL
8th Jun 2008, 19:48
There is often comment about the content of regulations; we in Europe are on the cusp of a period where legal competence moves from each State to the EU; your State rules will no longer apply - they will be trumped by the EASA rules.

Now is the time when you can make a difference; register with the EASA web-site; read the documents; and comment.

For such an important subject, this thread has received scant attention; we have already seen one example where the rule appears to be unclear; raise this in comment and it has to be spelled out and, if wrong, rectified.

All comments must receive a response which is then posted on the web-site in a Comment and Response Document (CRD).

This is the first tranche of many; soon to follow will be the new regulations for Authority Requirements (to provide them with the rules for oversight); Management Systems; and Operational Rules for General Aviation, Business Aviation, Commercial Aviation (both Air Transport and Aerial Work).

These rules, when issued, will not be perfect because they were rushed to meet an unrealistic political deadline. The time between the issue of the Terms of Reference and production: for FCL has been 18 months; and for Operations will be about two years.

If you do not exercise your legal rights to comment, do not come back in two years and complain about the content or its meaning.

Jim

Ready2Fly
8th Jun 2008, 22:38
Very well said. :ok:

This is the time when everybody can comment and the comment -as well as the reply- is public and will be listed. You think something is wrong/incorrect/misleading/nonsense? Then say it (in a constructive way).