PDA

View Full Version : Training options

SPEED-DEMON
6th Jun 2008, 20:51
Hi folks, seeing as this is my first post I'll intoduce myself. I am Gary and 22 yrs old!
I have been thinking of a career in aviation for some time now and I think its about time I acted upon it.
I have looked at threads about training colleges, but it seems to be a mixed bag of reviews / advice.

I am looking for advice of where and how to do it. Whats involved and what are the job prospects like. And are there easier or cheaper ways to do it.

Some obsticals:
1. I dont have Mammy or Daddy to help with the funding, so I need the lowest possible cost options, without comprimising training quality.

2. I have yet to do an introductory flight and have 0 hours, so this could make it harder for me????

I have done plenty of flights on Flight Simulator 2004, but I am not sure if this will help me when it comes to real world aviation.

I am aiming to get a job with a European airline preferably, but as said I will need to go from 0hours to airline pilot. How long will this normally take.

Any advice / opinions welcome.

Many thanks
Gary.

flyboi2008
6th Jun 2008, 23:01
:ok:hi garry i am about to take my private pilot licence, in the up comming month, wich when i have compleated a full 45 hours of flight hours and training, and taken a number of test i will be able to move on to caa test witch is a comercial pilot licence, need 150 hours to take the test. you said you were looking for the cheapest prices and it is £106 per lesson at a pll school at barton areodrome in manchester wich has a pass rate of 97% percent pass rate and most go on to takeing a job into comercial flight good luck in your life as an airman
:)

heli_port
6th Jun 2008, 23:24
sorry flyboi what is the name of the school at barton aerodrome you are flying with (lac i presume?)?

:p