PDA

View Full Version : Service counts for nothing!

Faithless
6th Jun 2008, 20:31
This is currently running on Arrse.......Different if he was Polish. Hand full of grants and a council house, no problems.

http://www.expressandstar.com/2008/05/29/family-face-british-test/

Who's up for a coup?

x213a
6th Jun 2008, 21:27
The RBL would help him out if found truly deserving.

SRENNAPS
6th Jun 2008, 21:35
So he leaves OUR country to live in Spain to make money for himself.

It does not work out and he returns home pleading “I am an ex-serviceman – and my country (when it suits me) owes me a living.

You want a coup for this knob......

Faithless
6th Jun 2008, 21:43
You want a coup for this knob......

A bit harsh that.....let's hope you don't fall into Dire Straights aye :=

mr fish
6th Jun 2008, 21:50
I supose you mean the same polish as the battle of britain pilots then, oh hang on a minute, that was a few years ago now. F:mad:g racist!!!

Faithless
7th Jun 2008, 08:19
Here we go .....I suppose we can say the same for Iraq as we had a base there in the 1930's and now we bomb the sh!t out of them.....

A Polish WWII pilot deserves and gets my full gratitude and respect and rightly so. What I don't agree with is the Polish can now come over here and be better placed on any housing list to receive a council house and a fist full of grants before our own people. All because Peter Polish has no one else here to support him.

I don't care if you are Navy, Army of Air Force, ,I just believe if you have served your time in the Queens services then you deserve all the assitance and respect that this country can offer.

Nothing racist about that.

As I said to SRENNAPS lets hope you are never in Dire Straights aye.

Whirlygig
7th Jun 2008, 08:33
Something not ringing true about this report. When one goes to apply for benefits, one has to prove identity; a UK passport is sufficient in order to prove citizenship and hence entitlement to benefits. However, as he has not been paying NI for four years in the UK, he can only get Income Support, not Job-Seeekers Allowance; however, this would still entitle him to Housing and Council Tax benefit.

Since homeless people are entitled to benefits, the fact he is of No Fixed Abode is irrelevant. There is no requirement on the application forms to prove previous, ongoing residency in the UK.

Definitely something not being told here or it's just completely fabricated by the newspaper.

Cheers

Whirls

PS - The Poles are the same race as the British so it's not a racist comment - xenophobic maybe, but not racist.

effortless
7th Jun 2008, 08:43
the Polish can now come over here and be better placed on any housing list to receive a council house and a fist full of grants before our own people

Ooh do they? I must live in the wrong part of the country. All the Poles round here are young grafters. Cracking looking as well but that's besides the point. A lot of them are heading home to work as there is more work there. Notice I wrote "work" not "benefit" or "council house".:rolleyes:

cazatou
7th Jun 2008, 08:55
Poland is a member State of the EU as is Spain. Polish Citizens have the same right to live in Britain as Mr Brassington had to live in Spain.

AARON O'DICKYDIDO
7th Jun 2008, 09:21
FAITHLESS

Here we go .....I suppose we can say the same for Iraq as we had a base there in the 1930's and now we bomb the sh!t out of them.....

My father told me that we bombed the sh!t out of them then.

It's Not Working
7th Jun 2008, 10:28
Effortless

All the Poles round here are young grafters.

100% agree.

mr fish
7th Jun 2008, 16:25
having lived all over this land in flats, bedsits, council housing and private housing, let me assure the bigots out there the problem is not poles, pakistanis, indians etc, it tends to be a lot err, shall we say 'closer' to home!!!!.

The Gorilla
7th Jun 2008, 19:03
Wot the French??
:}

spheroid
8th Jun 2008, 07:59
If he is an ex serviceman then where is all of his money? Where is his pension?

He returned to the UK with just £100 in his pocket ????? well, where is the rest of his money...?

effortless
8th Jun 2008, 09:13
Maybe he only did a couple of weekends.

davejb
8th Jun 2008, 17:48
'Where is his pension'

Mr Brassington, aged 36,

Do the maths.

effortless
9th Jun 2008, 08:30
Well it's a cultural thing innit! Chap working for me at the mo'. Left the service, tried to make a go in business and cocked it up in his words. He comes here and doen't sign on but trudges around all the bars, building sites and factories until he gets a job washing up in a restaurant. He now has a thriving small building firm, employing four blokes and is doing a very competant job here on the Ponderosa. He is Albanian though.