PDA

View Full Version : Precision Air Recruitment

aamandani
6th Jun 2008, 11:43
Hey thr guys..i will be in dar es salaam in about 3 weeks with FAA cpl,ir and multi with about 230TT and 12 to 15 hours of multi time...had heard precision is hiring regularly..what is the latest update on them? are they still hiring on those atr's? some info will be much appreciated..

happy landings to all out thr..

Abdulaziz

organ donor
7th Jun 2008, 07:42
Best of luck. I had the unfortunate experience to fly (as a pax) with them and they stood out to me as being the worst 'airline' I have ever flown with. Never again. Ever.
The ATR was litterally full of cockroaches and bugs, many seats were broken, and they changed the departure time 4 times in as many days, the last time they didnt even bother to inform me, and as a result I missed the flight. A week later the exact same thing happened to my sister.

If you do get the job please ask them to Doom the aircraft before flight.

alpha-b
8th Jun 2008, 14:45
Well,Precision i believe is the main recruitor in TZ especially for fresh ab-initios i know they hire regularly about 2 to 3 intakes a year gieve it a try and it'b a good place to build your turbine time

Avionics2
8th Jun 2008, 19:29
av seen many newbies around......there's a 75% chance they'll hire.
all the best:ok:

406pilot
9th Jun 2008, 21:00
hola'

u said u had "about 230hrs" i dont think they will hire you if you cant count how many hours you have on your logbook,u should probably not even be a pilot or left alone unsupervised near a plane, now i know why they have to demonstrate to people how to fasten and unfasten seat belts on planes:ugh:

keep it up there fellows,

no more 406pilot

chrislikesblue
10th Jun 2008, 17:12
Thats the biggest crap i ever heard!what should the man say, that he has 232.4 hours?

gerpols
10th Jun 2008, 17:39
Comeon my fellow aviators, try to be a sport, and not take every word to serious...!!

406 wants to introduce a new fellar to the tough world of aviation, where we try to avoid talking BS...I think thats what he is trying to achieve !!

Chris, if you like the Blue.... relax man..and concentrate on your landings!!

Have fun

Gary:ok:

406pilot
10th Jun 2008, 20:06
hola'

yeah as long as u have an atr rating they will take you, the rule is tanzanian pilots who are not rated on the atr are supposed to sign a 3-5yr training bond with the company and foreigners without type rating have to dish out the money for the rating upfront..bottom line if you have cpl/multi-ir youre in....

keep it up there fellows,

no more 406pilot

ps:hey chris, here's one for you, whn someone asks your age do u tell him your about 30 or do u actually know how old u are?

aamandani
10th Jun 2008, 20:41
aright aright guys..thanks for all the comments but i knw how 406 likes messing..anyways i guess he will teach me how to add up my logbook b4 i step into any airplane..n as it is u leave a block away from me so be ready to be bothered wenevr i enter sutmhng in my logbook or mayb u cn buy me electronic logbook pro..that would work better..

happy landings out thr..see yall soon..

Abdulaziz

chrislikesblue
11th Jun 2008, 22:47
Exactly! i think u got my point 406.If someone asks me my age i say 30 years old,i dont say 30 years and 2 months and 17 days.
Same with my flight time.

Soap Box Cowboy
12th Jun 2008, 09:46
What's a JAR-fcl?

Precision hires regularily, as a foreigner you will need to pay for part of your rating. Think there is a group that just left or is just about to go to France.

Just trying to remember if there was a minimum hours, think it was about 100 hours command or so.

hjmemon
12th Jun 2008, 11:25
Hi,
Have got sufficent hrs and might also be able to extract the funds for the type rating. Any phone/email for precision air. Have sent them the cv on the email mentioned on their site but no response.

Soap Box Cowboy
12th Jun 2008, 23:30
Don't hold your breath

747rubani
13th Jun 2008, 02:35
Don't pay for your type rating. There are plenty of other jobs out there. Have you tried Northern Air or any other charter companies in Arusha. Last thing you want to do is pay to get a job.

Just my .02 cents

hjmemon
13th Jun 2008, 06:12
well just checked out nothern air, couldnt find any website/email for them,,,,,also can you suggest any other in arusha or around the region???