PDA

View Full Version : Im 15 and starting off my "career"

Skynet 04m
5th Jun 2008, 17:54
Hey, new here, i've recently started doing my PPL and will have 5 hours logged on saturday. I would like to fly for Thomas Cook when i'm older but i am leaving my options open. I was just wondering, is CTC a good way into training? After i get my PPL, where from there? And there has been discussion on other forums of airline pilot salaries, so i want to know from you what exactly are the sort of average pay checks, thanks :ok:

BerksFlyer
5th Jun 2008, 18:44
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=131649

Put1992
5th Jun 2008, 19:03
All I can start off by saying, is work hard at school. The training organisations you may look at may say minimum requirements 5 GCSE's A*-C, but it's going to help you alot more if you do better!

The link posted will tell you about CTC etc

Cheers

Nashers
5th Jun 2008, 22:05
if im nor mistaken the A levels are also a requirment now as well for many airlines. you have ages to go before you start training for your CPL, ME and IR, lets not forget those ATPL papers to sit as well. quite a bit of work to get around before you start thinking of your job. take any job that comes by you when you fist start your not going to be able to just jump into any seat you want.

finish of your studying before starting your training for your future. you never know as you may change your mind.

heli_port
5th Jun 2008, 23:00
You are so lucky you're so young, plenty of time for the industry to rebound back when you're finally ready for the RHS :p

good luck ;)

Skynet 04m
6th Jun 2008, 12:23
Thanks guys, you are more helpful than FSW.