PDA

View Full Version : Lee-On-Solent/Middle Wallop basing

mustflywillfly
5th Jun 2008, 10:25
Guys,

I am a serving officer and a member of the RAF Benson Flying club. I am taking a club C152 for three weeks in July for hour building (therefore with associated crown insurance etc). I wish to base the aircraft at Lee-On-Solent or Middle Wallop (I am Portsmouth based).

I understand the police lost the right recently to bin everyone off Lee. I know that the Fleetlands Flying Association are based there and the RN Gliding club. Any ideas? Contacts etc for either location would be most helpful. Thanks.

MFWF

airborne_artist
5th Jun 2008, 10:38
Quite a bit on Lee on the Private forum - this is the most recent thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=326815&highlight=solent). It infers that Lee is not yet open for GA, as there is as yet no AG radio to enable de-confliction with the gliders. More info about Lee at http://www.eghf.co.uk/

Sue Bravo
5th Jun 2008, 10:52
MFWF, check your PMs re Middle Wallop.

pwwuk
5th Jun 2008, 14:39
Further up the M3, but Odiham may be able to host you if your service & looking for a base .. MW can be quite rough .. PM me if you need further.

airborne_artist
5th Jun 2008, 14:42
MW can be quite rough

Those Army boys can be very uncouth :E

gijoe
5th Jun 2008, 17:28
My suggestion having flown from all 3 of your desires:

MW

A little rough sometimes (as said above :ok:) but a great helpful tower, all the runways pointing N,S E and W you will ever need and everything is refreshingly easy.

G :)

PM me if you ever need a pax or want to know more.

mustflywillfly
5th Jun 2008, 18:59
Thanks for the replies. I am actively exploring both Lee and MW. Odiham is closer then Benson too so I shall give that some serious thought. There is nowt wrong with Benson, it's just going to be a pain (and expensive) driving up there from Portsmouth everyday for three weeksish.

Again many thanks for the help.

wrecker
6th Jun 2008, 19:55
How about Popham