PDA

View Full Version : FlyBe Divert into BHX, 04/06/08

HeliCraig
5th Jun 2008, 08:16
Morning All,

Been mentioned here: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showpost.php?p=4160100&postcount=1073, that a FlyBe a/c operating IOM-LGW diverted into BHX with gear problems on a "full emergency" (MayDay?) last night.

Anybody have any more info (a/c type / reg, nature of problem, is it back in service, how were the pax delivered to LGW?)

Asking just out of sheer interest, no other reason.

HC.

adverse-bump
5th Jun 2008, 09:09
didnt sound like a big deal to me. just said he had a gear door prob and company wanted him at bhx for maintenance.

beefster
5th Jun 2008, 13:08
It was a Dash 8 (G-JECE) with a main landing gear warning light problem. Beleave that the under carrige doors had not shut fully. It was towed to stand 24 from the runway looked at by the enginers and sent on its way to LGW with no problems

Based
5th Jun 2008, 16:45
didnt sound like a big deal to me. just said he had a gear door prob and company wanted him at bhx for maintenance.

That's because it wasn't really and I don't believe HeliCraig was suggesting it was.

So you're suggesting on getting a landing gear warning during the flight, the company directed him specifically to BHX for maintenance?! Definitely sounds like you know what you're talking about adverse-bump!

Dash-7 lover
5th Jun 2008, 17:08
BASED - Unless I've missed the point of your post then the scenario sounds straight forwards to me. Sounded like a good decision for the pax sake. No point in returning to an island where the passengers don't want to be and the possibility of minimal maintenance or carrying on to LGW with the chance of getting the aircraft stuck there for the same reason. At least the pax were on the mainland if it was something more serious and Flybe's second largest maintenance area is BHX where there may have also been the possiblity of an aircraft change and keeping the rest of the programme alive! If ops new via maintrol that it probably could be a quick fix then I would have done the same looking at all the options?

HeliCraig
6th Jun 2008, 17:42
Thanks for the info folks - sounds like a good decision. And no, I wasn't implying it was a "big deal" just wondered what had happened.

Interesting though that a post about a FlyBE Dash 8 diverting for a tech issue into BHX gets moved to "Spotters Corner" by the mods.... wonder if a FR B737 doing similar would have the same effect? Or a BA a/c ? I bet not!!

Hey ho... having just flown out of BHX on a FR to DUB I shall go and enjoy the Guinness!

Thanks again.

AircraftOperations
6th Jun 2008, 19:04
Apparently a FlyBe Q400 landed on MAN's 23L during today, when all other traffic was using 23R.

This might indicate an issue or suspected issue with something like flaps, gear down or steering.